Your Email Address:

First Name:

Cured

Tell us your story with bad breath
aues
Master

Post by aues »

Sickandtired wrote:@aues, could you tell me please is your tongue still white, even though youre cured?
Yes, still white.

And still no bad breath. At least if I brush my teeth every day and floss sometimes. Only after waking up I do have bad breath till cleaning my mouth - but afterwards I won't have bad breath at least till going to sleep again.
I think that's considered as ordinary.

Why we shouldn't eat eggs or egg-products for ethical reasons.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Have you ever had a yellow tongue? Before or after surgery?
aues
Master

Post by aues »

So it's 2013 and still everything is great regarding breath!

But in the last weeks/months I experienced a feeling of numbness near my right ear which seems to increase in intensity and frequency. I fear this could be connected to the metronidazole I took.
aues wrote:I experienced unbearable headaches one night and a tingling feeling near my ear on several days. Didn't stop taking it anyway. Side effects went away after the end of the course.
kart
Junior

Post by kart »

aues wrote:So it's 2013 and still everything is great regarding breath!

But in the last weeks/months I experienced a feeling of numbness near my right ear which seems to increase in intensity and frequency. I fear this could be connected to the metronidazole I took.
aues wrote:I experienced unbearable headaches one night and a tingling feeling near my ear on several days. Didn't stop taking it anyway. Side effects went away after the end of the course.

But are you still taking metronidazole? if yes, how much?
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

What did your breath smell like before your cure? was it fart/poo?
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

how long did you take metro for?
aues
Master

Post by aues »

Updated the initial post.
kart wrote:But are you still taking metronidazole? if yes, how much?
No. I took it for 14 days. That was all.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Aues are you still cured. I'm glad you're still active on the group.
Jenc0

Post by Jenc0 »

How could i convince my ENT to give me metronidazole treatment, in our country bb doesn't count as serious disease, so they'll not give it to me!!! :S
aues
Master

Post by aues »

Jenc0 wrote:How could i convince my ENT to give me metronidazole treatment, in our country bb doesn't count as serious disease, so they'll not give it to me!!! :S
In mine neither.

Go to a an ENT you can trust and be open about your problem. Ask him/her to prescribe it to you, because it has helped some people. Take a printout of the page I linked to in the opening post of this thread to the doctor.
If your doctor isn't willing and doesn't come up with other ideas go to the next one till you find someone who really wants to help.
Jenc0

Post by Jenc0 »

Yeah, i'll try it again,..I tried once ago, was telling my ENT, that lots of people cured their bb with antibiotics. He answered me easily "no way to prescribe you that kind of medication, you will destroy your immune system in a short time" So I stop thinking about this kind of treatments.
aues
Master

Post by aues »

Jenc0 wrote:He answered me easily "no way to prescribe you that kind of medication, you will destroy your immune system in a short time"
Of course you can't take antibiotics over a long time span. But usually taking it for up to 14 days shouldn't be a problem.

Even if your bad breath comes back after disappearing for these 14 days one surely has gained knowledge from that.
jackson
Junior

Post by jackson »

Does anyone know who long it is supposed to take for bad breath return once one has stopped taking metronidazole?
thx
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

I think it depends on how effective metronidazole is for you.

First time I took metronidazole I was 100% cured, my mouth felt fresh, not a single reaction whatsoever. Bad taste came back about 1 week after I stopped, along with bb.

The second time, 100% cured again, but bb came back in 1 day.

The third time, not completely cured (lick test failed, which was successful in previous attempts) which kinda scared me so I didn't try again. The time difference between first and last was 18 months. Each time, I used 14 to 20 pills, twice a day.

Hope it helps.
jackson
Junior

Post by jackson »

compor wrote:I think it depends on how effective metronidazole is for you.

First time I took metronidazole I was 100% cured, my mouth felt fresh, not a single reaction whatsoever. Bad taste came back about 1 week after I stopped, along with bb.

The second time, 100% cured again, but bb came back in 1 day.

The third time, not completely cured (lick test failed, which was successful in previous attempts) which kinda scared me so I didn't try again. The time difference between first and last was 18 months. Each time, I used 14 to 20 pills, twice a day.

Hope it helps.
I've suffered for well over a decade. Tried everything (like most people have!)
Stumbled upon the post about metronidazole. Happened to have some lying around in my kitchen, took it, and instantly my breath was as fresh as a babies! Was like that all week - even my morning breath.

I stopped taking it 3 days ago. Breath still nice, but i'm sad, knowing that it'll likely return soon.

thanks for replying
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic