Your Email Address:

First Name:

hypothroidism, hormonal imbalance, metabolic disorder = bb?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

After 3 weeks on thyroid medication, my bb has been reduced considerably. On a scale of 1-10, I'll say it is about 3 now (I've been a 10 + for many years).

I believe that the hypothyroidism caused sinus infections and other problems related to the digestive system which contributed hugely to my bb. (Hypothyroidism slows all your organs down). My digestion is much improved and I no longer have dry mouth (which has plagued me for years).

I am trying to find natural balanced (T4 and T3) medication, like gymrat uses, but it's not easy where I live. I believe that my bb can be further reduced or maybe cured (who knows) with the right meds and dosage. The reason why I think so, is because some of my other hypo symptoms like fatigue and pain are also reduced, but still there. It shows that thyroid is not corrected 100 percent yet. But it is still early days, they said to give the meds 6 weeks to work properly.

Seanlee, you are right, hormonal issues are very complex and the way things interact in our bodies makes it worse. If you suspect thyroid problems, don't delay, get tested. Your body won't get resistant to the medication, it needs it. Just ask for a copy of your results, don't trust the doc if he says it's normal. Get your own counts and research it on the internet. Even if you only have symptoms and normal counts, you may have thyroid issues.

After years of suffering with room filling bb, I feel a great sense of relief. Even if I can't be cured completely, my quality of life is so much better now that people don't jump three steps back if I open my mouth. People at work seem to be testing me by coming closer and closer and I get absolutely no reactions (I still have gum in my mouth, because I'm so used to it- won't feel comfortable talking to others without it)) .

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Great result so far then Jen!. Hope you've cracked it and that you continue to improve.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

Just was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Started taking Synthroid today (50mcg). Hope it helps me like it did Jen. My symptoms were - always cold, dry mouth in the morning, low blood sugar, longer periods, arthritis, numbness in limbs, very tired and apathetic. I think it was triggered by or made worse by my first pregnancy 10 years ago. This is when my bad breath got really noticeable.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i have some of these symptoms, but not all. for example, i am thin and do not gain weight easily.

i have a friend who has hypothyroidism and her breath has never smelled bad to me, even before she got treatment.

some of the things i do have include, based on symptoms culled from various websites online (some of these are new, some i have had for as long as i can remember):

-get cold easily
-low blood sugar (hypoglycemic) feeling when hungry at times
-arthritis
-tiredness (may just be my constant lack of enough sleep though!)
-brain fog
-difficulty concentrating
-heavy periods
-dry skin
-mild depression (hit in the summer and i haven't been able to shake it)
-muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness
-poor memory
-lower than average libido
-sudden onslaught of hayfever allergies since late summer (never had this problem before) and it's still with me now.. beginning to suspect it may be dust mites or something since i get it every morning (but again, i never had allergies before).. have also had allergy test done a few years ago and was told i had intolerance to a lot of food but i don't find most food to be too bad.

however, when i look at other symptoms, i definitely don't have them, e.g. puffy face/hands/feet, weight gain (this seems to be a common one and i definitely don't have this issue), hard stools or constipation, hoarseness, muscle weakness, thinning hair (i assume that i lose a normal amount, though it does seem like a lot that i gather from the drain and the floor after i wash my hair.. but my head still looks pretty full).

i also read that there can be a connection between heavy metal toxicity and thyroid. i have several amalgam (mercury) fillings that i have had since i was a child.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic