Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can average people inhale bb directly into their nose?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thissux
Advanced

Can average people inhale bb directly into their nose?

Post by thissux »

I keep getting nose rubs, scratches, sometimes hard rubs. The other day I did not get many and almost felt okay. My friend that is an ex cop wants to date me and has kissed me, though I kept the kisses short because I am so concerned. He is pretty much a say it like it is kind of guy and says my breath smells very good, that the only way it would smell better would be if I put perfume in there. He said he would tell me because not telling me would only prolong a problem and that I would need to seek help for a problem. I've had numerous people smell my breath, nose in my mouth for the most part and inhaling over and over in their nose, saying no problem what so ever, one said "baby's breath". Yet I seem to be room filling and people across the street or from ten feet away can smell it - nose rub. I did not get to meet up with my best friend yet to see what she says. I know she will tell me the truth. I've had tons of people smell my breath right in my nose and say it's a zero. How the heck could they do that if I have cashiers rubbing, scratching, clearing the throat sometimes. My family says no of course. How often do people rub their nose? I have researched on how frequently people touch their face. Why is it always around me and could any of you all tolerate putting your nose into a room filling, lpr reflux bad shit who knows what kind of breath and inhale through your nose? So confused you all. Thanks again

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I don't want to come off as mean, but you are the strongest case for halitophobia I've seen on these boards.

People across the street are NOT reacting to your BB. They are touching their noses because people do that. They are clearing their throats because they also do that. If you are looking at their noses, even subconsciously, they will probably touch their noses. if you are making things awkward with someone you are interacting with, they are bound to do a nose touch or throat clearing because that's something people will do to fill gaps in conversation. And again, they also just do it.

I'm not saying it's impossible that you have BB, but if you did you'd be getting REAL reactions. If there is a dude who wants to make out with you and thinks your breath smells like baby's breath, and you are working yourself into this horrible psychological disorder, then I am terribly jealous.

The thing is I don't think you'll ever find solace in the opinion of others.

Have you tested on children as was discussed in the other thread? You want honest answers, you need to not even ask, just test it. Test it on strangers, on children. If you must ask someone how your breath is, and they say fine, then keep breathing in their face like you're desperate for a reaction, and talking up close. Push the limit. If someone told me my breath was great, I don't think I could shut up, I'd be so incredibly thrilled to talk to them.

Go make out with that man, get laid!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

What would it take to convince you that your breath doesn't stink?

Simple question, but I'm interested to know.
time4change
Junior

Post by time4change »

Thissux,

I really think like I said in the last post that using a halimeter could be a way of getting a reading of your breath without relying on others. I don't know how to post links but here's a list of places which use a halimeter in the US (not sure where you live)

http://www.halimeter.com/websites-of-so ... ter-users/

*i don't work for them and haven't tried it, just an idea though*

Maybe seeing a hypnotherapist could be helpful, to help retrain your thought processes associated with bb, I used to see one and it was helpful but couldn't continue due to money issues.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

I believe I have seen some reactions - like a hard nose rub on a few occassions. Before I quit drinking and went into rehab, I went to see family doc, told him I had a breath issue and thought it might be h pylori. He did not run tests because I did not have the money but gave me the triple antibiotic script. I asked him if it would work and he just kind of gave me a fingers crossed. I went into a short term detox facility coming off of heavy drinking and the psyc doc there said he did smell my breath and that I was not crazy. I have been sober a long time but had relapsed and was drinking heavy. Inflammed liver and digestive problems like gastritis. Went through second antibiotic via a GI doctor for h pylori again no tests and still drinking. Was told poss LPR reflux by ENT. When I was in relaspse and had started a new job - people were rubbing their nose, holding it, one womans eyes watered and some guy made a comment that it smelled like farts wafting though the office. At another temp job around the same time a supervisor came into a work room - there were four of us and he said "it stinks in here" I went home after a week freaked out and drank 1/5 of vodka. I have been sober now again for 3 months. My previous family dentist said no halitosis before all of the crazy relapse drinking. I had just noticed people rubbing their noses, even from a distance. I have since asked so many people, family, friends and sometimes strangers and they say no bad breath. They put their nose practically right into my mouth and I breath out hard, talk, count and I hear them inhale in their nose and they say they could talk to me all day, baby breath, or at times it smelled like chocolate milk or orange juice a little bit. Some of these are women in rehab that told another woman she had a female problem due to odor and smelly feet. I don't know any kids yet to try this on. I have smelled bad halitosis before and I do not think I could put my nose up to it and inhale. I just don't know. The guy that wants to get together says it smells good and he wants to go further. That if he did not tell me about it that would hurt me in the long run because someone else may say it in a way that would really hurt. Did I have it from drinking? Is it gone? I have a coating on my tongue and a bad taste at times. I eat right and take my reflux meds I even had one woman smell my tongue and the air from my nose, she said nothing. Offered to kiss me for crying out loud. Yet, almost always when I talk to someone at the store or anyowhwere they touch the side of their nose or give it a rub. Is a halitometer accurate? I am so distraught. Could you guys put your nose in someones mouth with room filling foul breath inhale and smile and do it over and over? I am setting up counseling for CBT. I am afraid to try and get a job. I am pretty and in great shape, but so scared of my breath. How did you guys get real confirmation?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I think you should relax these days. Touching the side of the nose is nothing.

Even if you have BB, get what you can out of this relationship before he does get sick of your BB, should you even have it, which I think you no longer do.

As for me, I used to be so worried whether I had it or not. I never had the balls to ask anyone for a long time, but I could tell they were reacting. Because I didn't have to be around people much, and when I worked it was in the back of a kitchen restaurant, most reactions were questionable at best, and I could never really confirm whether a stink anyone was talking about was actually me or not, but when I spoke I'd always have people not just touching, but holding their hand over their mouth, covering their nostrils.

Later I asked my brother, who said it smelled like farts, no hesitation. He's not a jerk or anything, he just has no reason to lie to me. I discovered the tonsil stones and whatnot, got the tonsils removed, and just hoped the BB would disappear. It didn't, but now I wasn't working, and I hid from most contact I could and when around family and friends, I didn't get close or talk much.

I got hired over the internet to come work in Japan. I had hoped maybe it would be better, maybe I was just crazy and the tonsillectomy did remove the BB, or that living in a new environment might change something for me.

My confirmation I get most days in my job, when kids will cover their noses, talk about farts, tell me I stink, but most convincingly is that I get the back draft.. It's 100% fart smell.

I was afraid recently to stick with that theory.. it just seemed odd.. seemed silly.. How could my farts actually be coming out of my mouth, despite it being just like what's in my ass at the time.

I just had a bad day.. I ate two vegetarian burgers yesterday.. I thought.. well, dropping meat was the best thing I've done yet, this should be fine.

.. Well it's not. I think I've realized that I do not react to any kind of food in particular.. I'm not experiencing some reaction or allergy or whatever to a certain type of something.. If I eat food that seems like it will rot worse than other food, it will be stronger. if I cut out proteins, meats, cheeses, flavors in general.. eating only raw vegetables, salads, and brown rice, my breath doesn't seem to reach as much, and I don't get much of a back draft, and the reactions are not really there either... however, I have still gotten them on that diet.. the breath just hasn't been as stinking... Why? Because my gas, my shit at the time, is not as stinky.

So I am literally breathing out farts... What do I do. What do I ****ing do guys.. I have been to two ENTs and had a variety of tests including endoscopy down into the stomach and up the arse... They've given me a bunch of stupid drugs, I've tried all these stomach and bowel related shit.

The parasite cleanse is a bust.. I don't get it.. I feel like shit. I feel alone. I see everyone talking in close range.. I see nice people trying to be friendly with me, and then react and just have a weird look on their face. I'm living in a foreign country alone, and I don't want to continue this life like this. Going back to the US wouldn't do any different.. Other than I could live in my dad's basement for the rest of my life until the day I end it.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, sorry if you've been asked this question and answered it before, but did your "shit" issues start roughly at the same time as your breath issues?

I know you say you've not always had BB, and that something must have happened at some point which started your BB, possibly around the time you went to Thailand or something, but surely this constant sloppy shit issue you have has to relate to your BB. We know for a fact that bowel problems can lead to bad smells coming out of the lungs. Your sloppy shits are not normal - they're completely abnormal. Something must be going on down there to have suddenly started this situation off. I know u haven't been able to find anything yet, and you've almost ruled out everything now. You might need some medication, like steriods to calm down what's going on in your bowels. If you find that it makes a difference to your BB then it will confirm where the problem lies and you can go from there. Medications, even fecal transplants might do it. You might even have clostridium difficile (sp?) overgrowth.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Thanks halitosissux.

It didn't occur to me at the time, but yes, I was having the bowel problems back then. I remember my shit smelling so bad. It was rotten eggs and a horrid sewer smell. These days, I don't get that impression at all, and I have fairly typical, I think, smelling shit and farts, but I do eat a lot healthier these days.
It could have been thailand.. it could have been the allergy shots I got for 2 years in highschool slowly changing me.. it could have been the anti depressant I was briefly on, during which, I even noticed the BB because I was breaking out of my antisocial self (I had a bad break up a year or so before this). I wonder if that's possible, for an antidepressant to change something serious like that elsewhere in the body. I wouldn't think so.. but..
It could have been the large amount of protein I taking often trying to bulk up.. or the tuna I was eating almost everyday.

I just know I didn't have it when I was 18/19 when I first went to Thailand, but I seemed to have it on or before the second time I went to Thailand when I was 21, though I didn't put everything together until I think I was just about 22 or so. I can't believe it's been that long.. This isn't living :(

Call me cuckoo, but I think I might do a home fecal transplant kind of thing with a healthy friend in the US.. Based off the information stated in the article from before and whatnot. The success rate in the article for even serious bowel issues seemed to reassuring.. If I do have a bowel problem, which I'm pretty damn sure I do, the fecal transplant would probably take care of it, unless it's a physical problem like loose valves due to who knows what..

I also ordered some more dumb shit out of desperation again.. Another hundred bucks gone on a flash.. Mastic gum, diatomaceous earth, biotene mouthwash for the hell of it..

Oh might as well mention. Thanks to some others around here, I got the contact info for a TMAU testing facility in Japan. I requested info about the test and he actually just shipped me all the materials and everything. I have it with me now. It seems all I have to do is pay the return shipping. Problem is I can't read the directions so well.. I mailed photos of the documents to a work acquaintance's wife. We're sort of friends. Hope she'll translate that for me.

Thanks for always helping me halitosisux. :)
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, yw.

There's a good possibility it may be secondary TMAU related, the anti-depressants and the antibiotics etc triggering off the inevitable situation that you may in some way have always been predisposed to developing.

It's also just as likely to be some kind of gut microbe imbalance, as Skankie has said, the kind of which has been shown to be "correctable" by fecal transplants.

And it could also just be some sort of autoimmune situation which, as with other autoimmune situations, requires correct diagnosis and some kind of therapy with steroids or other anti-inflammatory/immunosuppressant meds.

Good luck with whatever you decide to try. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I really hope it works!

@thissux, sorry for going off your thread subject here.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Stankie wrote:Must be hard to work in a school. Kids are brutal, but at least honest. Granted, they can be mean and hurtful, but it almost hurts worse when a grown adult acts like a 6 y.o.

The worst is people with rotten mouths that react. . . . "Really? You have rotting black beans for teeth. You're gonna talk shit?" I've even had homeless people get a whiff and wonder what the smell is. That boosts the ego . . . out stinking a bum who hasn't seen a shower or a toothbrush in who knows how long. Feather in my cap.

When I was really, really bad I would only go shopping at certain times of days. Around here the Wallymart and the grocery are open 24 hours, so I would literally wake up at about 3am, go do my shopping, come put things away and take a nap before getting up again. At stores with normal hours, I would usually be the first customer in the morning, so the store was pretty empty.
I've been in isles and had kids ask their parents what smell like poo, more than a few times, as they walk by. The look that the adult shoots back is what hurts the worst. The disgust on their face. At first I was humiliated and embarrassed, but that slowly turned to anger. I try to not hate, but it is hard. I'm a pretty cynical, hard, brutally honest guy now. I don't really hang out with any of my old 'friends', as the person they once knew is gone.

I get the impression you are fairly anti-religious. I'm not a god-fearing individual per se, but recently I have tried getting into meditation. It's not really a religious thing, but more of a personal thing. It helps ease the mind and allows you a bit of rest from the normal thoughts. I'm not gonna try to talk you into any religious aspects of it, as I am not a religious person. I listen to meditation classes taught by Buddhists, but the classes are non-denominational. They don't really mention anything about any deep religious meanings. It allows a deep calming of the mind not achievable by reading, watching tv, or other methods to distract the mind.
Your situation sounds fairly akin to mine. Started noticing stink when 20, got worse from there. I'm 32 now. Maybe if you learn better copping techniques now, you won't turn out the misanthrope I am.

Have you ever tried cutting carbs out of your diet, or reducing them?
I know rice and most grains are a big no-no food and since I've largely cut them out, I think my stink level is way down. Carbohydrates are actually not even a required nutrient. There intake is 'recommended', but not actually required for survival. Protein, cholesterol, and fats are required for us to live healthy lives.
If you think about the process of digestion like a fire, fats/cholesterol would be like giant logs, protein like split logs, veggies like branches, carbohydrates are like kindling, pure sugar like gasoline. If you think digestion issues are your problem, it is probably microbial related, and microbes love rice/carbs!
If I lived in Japan, I know I would be trying to more misos and fermented foods to try to populate my gut with beneficial organisms. I'd probably also seek out a traditional Japanese healer/doctor.
I feel your pain. Do you have body odor or is it strictly breath?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Stankie wrote:
halitosisux wrote:Skankie
Nice one!
omg sorry! lol
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

I don't know if the fact that I can smell my own bb nowadays is a good or bad thing. My nasal passage feels more open and airry but I reek, if I leave a room and come back in I literally frown. Ewww, that's what people have been smelling all this time. Mind you I don't even think I'm smelling it to it's full 3D potential as others do. I've exhausted so many so called remedies and treatments I'm lost as to what avenue I should go down now. ](*,)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic