Your Email Address:

First Name:

Room fillling Nasal odour?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
MrChips
Advanced

Room fillling Nasal odour?

Post by MrChips »

Hi, can anyone help me? I have room filling nasal odour. Does this mean that my halitosis is 'not' dental related?

(iv had wisdom teeth and tonsils removed)

FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

in the words of my ent doctor

it could be a bacterial or fungal infection lurking up in your sinuses. have you had a CT scan done? do you find that when you mouth breath the stink is alot less?
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Thanks for your input. Im gonna see about getting a scan done in the new year. So atleast i can rule it out aswell.
I think the odour is just as bad from the mouth as the nose.When im on the bus i get many reactions, and that is with my mouth firmly shut. Its a nightmare! I wish it was just oral odour [-o<
but i will cure myself eventually. I am determined
needcurefast
Crybaby

Post by needcurefast »

Mrchips, did you try the sinus flip thing. That worked for me
bbshiat

Post by bbshiat »

@needcurefast what is sinus flip thing ?
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

bbshiat wrote:@needcurefast what is sinus flip thing ?
This apparently cured some people...

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/sh ... inus-Flush
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

needcurefast wrote:Mrchips, did you try the sinus flip thing. That worked for me
Is that still doing the trick?

Do you still do the flush now or did you do it a few times and it seemed to cure a longstanding infection?
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Hey thanks for the sinus flip idea! No iv not actually tried it. I do have a neti pot which i use often. I will try the sinus flip procedure tomorrow morning and let you know how i get on :-k
needcurefast
Crybaby

Post by needcurefast »

mike987 wrote:
needcurefast wrote:Mrchips, did you try the sinus flip thing. That worked for me
Is that still doing the trick?

Do you still do the flush now or did you do it a few times and it seemed to cure a longstanding infection?
Actually yea I have stop to see if I get any reactions without it. I Haven't gotten any, except my dad always coughing, but he was coughing way before I caught bad breath so he pretty much don't count. I think that was one of my causes, although I have a stomach problem. I'm not regular either so that scares me a lot. The only time I have a bowel movement is when I eat bananas and apples, so maybe I need more fiber than a average person. What you think? This could be the source for my mouth. My nasal odor pretty much disappeared at least i think. I have school in spring and I want to cure this before it become hell on campus. I'm so close so I can not let it just persist. It has to end here now.
needcurefast
Crybaby

Post by needcurefast »

MrChips wrote:Hey thanks for the sinus flip idea! No iv not actually tried it. I do have a neti pot which i use often. I will try the sinus flip procedure tomorrow morning and let you know how i get on :-k
I hope it works for you.
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

I don't think nasal odor is caused by dental problems. The air from the nose comes directly from our lungs and bypasses our mouths. That's why its unusual for bad breath smells to come out of the nose. That indicates some other problems.

It could be from:

nose
sinuses
throat
intestines
stomach
lungs
problems like liver or kidney disease

I think before we try all sorts of products and medicines we need to find the actual CAUSE for the problem. But the thing is it is not an easy thing to find most of the time. Most doctors do not care about it as much to look thoroughly into what is causing the bad smell. They will show concern for physical symptoms, but not stuff like bad smells. I don't know what we can do to make a doctor understand its a big problem for us and to make a serious effort in helping us.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

I've had my wisdom teeth out for many years so that's not my cause. I think mine is a unique case. I don't know anyone else who suddenly developed a strong chronic bad breath over 1 night.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic