Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsillectomy tomorrow morning.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

All the back of my throat is white now. I've been told to eat as normal to prevent infection and heal quicker. I gotta say so far the pain has been minimal but I don't want to speak too soon lol

It's just finding the right ENT. On my consent form my ENT simply put the reason for surgery "halitosis" lol.

The area behind my uvula is a bit sore too, I don't know if they removed my adenoids or not, they did not mention it. Is that normal to feel soreness there?

FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I'm a bit concerned, there seems to be a tiny bit of my left tonsil still there at the bottom????

My right tonsil is completley gone though. I hope this LITTLE piece still there doesn't gather stones or else I will cry. I will have to take a picture, It's like a white clump.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Day 5

The white seems to have disappeared from the back of my throat. The little bit I thought was left over tonsil has withdrawn it seems. Pain has not been an issue at all so far. It's a little sore in the morning from being dry but once I take my medication it's fine all day. I was eating normally the night I was out of surgery. Nothing's hard to swallow. Fingers crossed for a good recovery.

Although I spat out a bit of blood in the sink this morning. I don't think it's much to be concerned about. my tongue smells i know that lol hopefully once I resume mouthwash that will change. don't know if my nasal odor has gone. I was breathing through my nose all day yesterday in my room, my mum came in and didn't say anything about a smell... i'll leave my friends and work colleagues to be the judge though.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Day 6 - Pain was alot worse this morning. Just took my medication it's calming down a bit now.

Last night I coughed up a glob of blood. It was a ball but it was "bouncy" I broke it apart in my hand although it took some doing. I smelt it and it smelt absolutely rotten.

I'm absolutely bored to death of sitting in. On the plus I'm watching some good movies. I watched the dark knight rises last night, what a movie!
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Day 7

Pain not bad this morning. I didn't have to take my pain meds straight away.

I'm being told to be back in work by next tuesday or I risk losing my over time hours. That's just great.....

I'm really worried about being back at work. I'm hoping the first words I don't hear are "have you farted?".
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Day 8

Hardly any pain this morning.

Lightly touched where my left tonsil was, still a bit of scab/tonsil there.

Smelt like DEATH. rotten shit. I hope that's just the scab and blood still around that area.
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

Seems like you are healing up nicely. Hope this is the fix for you. Now I guess you gotta test it out at work.
Source

Post by Source »

Thank you FedUp for the constant updates... really appreciate it.

Do you by any chance have a deviated septum?
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Thanks guys.

Day 9

Pain is very minimal, no need to take my pain meds, besides I literally have one pill left, may aswell just take it just to get rid of it.

Breath smells like the scabbing from the whiffs I catch, not shit which is nice, let's hope it clears up when it's all fully healed.

Had my haircut yesterday, was nose breathing. Don't know if he reacted or not, I got two little "sniff ups". Not violent ones, just as if he was cold but I don't know, I've been around people thinking otherwise then I would be asked if I had shit or farted. I'm going round a friends tonight, I'm gonna intentionally nose breath and see what reaction I'm gonna get. wish me luck.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Source wrote:Thank you FedUp for the constant updates... really appreciate it.

Do you by any chance have a deviated septum?
I'm not sure tbh, my ENT stuck a camera up my nose and said my sinuses don't look too bad but there was a little PND.

If the tonsillectomy doesn't sort me out then he said he would arrange a CT scan of my sinuses to explore further.

My PND hasn't been as bad these past few days.

But now I think about it, I had PND way before this smelly breath started and it never smelt. It was bad to the point of making my voice sound like arnold schwarzenegger, now when I speak it's more natural and not as deep. but let's hope it's the cure.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Just handed my sick note in at work, I was nose breathing and talking freely. Not a single reaction or "look".

I'm gonna ask tonight if 2 of my friends smell anything. Do or die....
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

Congrats Fedup! I hope this works, please keep us updated on reactions.

Sorry if you answered this already but did you have your adenoids removed? Did you have nasal bb?
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

my nasal bb seemed 10 times worse which is why I started mouth breathing.

I went to a friends house, they were both drinking. I haven't since I'm still recovering. Anyhow I was nose breathing all night and noone said anything.

I won't jump the gun as I've nose breathed around people before until I was told to stop farting. I was going to ask but I lost the nerve, what if they said "yea it smells like shit", don't think I could take that.

I just had a tonsillectomy. I caught a few whiffs of my breath, it smelt like the scabs, kinda cheesey/rotten.

I really pray after the scabs have gone I'll be able to enjoy life again. My nasal BB could fill a room before, I was at my friends for nearly 9 hours and noone said anything so hopefully that's a good thing.

I will be crushed if this isn't my cure. But one plus, no more picking tonsil shit stones out of my tonsils anymore.
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

I really hope this is the cure for you...if not then at least you no longer fill up rooms.....or at the very least no longer have stones like you've mentioned.

I'm seriously considering getting it done though I've had doubts in the past. This is the thing I could never figure out definitively from others who had it done and said it helped only alittle. They mentioned that it got extremely worse before evetually healing and getting better. But how do they know if they hadn't just gotten use to or weary of the horrid pungent burnt/bloody/open wound smell and that when it healed and returned back to "regular" bb, that any relief made it seem as though it had gotten better than usual.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I hope it's my cure but I'm not holding my breath at all.

Day 10 - no pain at all, my morning breath smelt of scabs lol

I'm back in week next thursday, that's when the true test comes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic