Your Email Address:

First Name:

Murat Aydin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote:She has been advised her to see a periodontist, but she doesn't believe it will help her.
There is good correlation between gingivit and halitosis.
But, suprisingly, there is very weak correlation between periodontit and halitosis. Interesting.
-M

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks deebo ;)

Dr. Aydinmur, yes that is very interesting. Maybe it's because there are simply different things going on between periodontal disease and gingivitis in the way the two situations are able to "communicate" with the inside of the mouth and the microorganisms present there.

The reason I say that is because I still have one remaining wisdom tooth. It's below the gum and horizontally impacted. It never causes me any problems with pain, unless I start to poke around it and go too far.

A few weeks ago I tried to irrigate into the small hole which has formed where the tooth is trying to poke through the flat gum. I did this with warm salty water. The area felt sore and swollen afterwards and I could feel a metallic taste around this entire area. There wasn't any foul discharge detectable with my finger. But the next morning I couldn't believe my eyes, I had a completely white coated tongue. I had a bad taste in my mouth and I went to put my finger onto the back of my tongue and there was a strong fecal/tonsillolith odour, almost as bad as my right lower wisdom tooth was causing until I had it extracted 3 years ago.

I left the tooth alone and it eventually calmed down along with my tongue and the odour.

But it made me wonder whether this minor inflammatory situation around that gum could be all it takes to make bacteria in the mouth behave differently and lead to bad breath?

Could the good correlation between gingivitis and bad breath be purely because of the inflammatory responses that go on with the gums and the direct affect this has on the microorganisms on the tongue, as opposed to the weak correlation between periodontitis and bad breath because the situation isn't able to affect the oral bacteria in the same way?

In some people there may be other inflammatory responses, such as those caused by acid relux, or chronic sinusitus for example, and that this itself releases something which triggers bacterial overactivity on the back of the tongue.

Simply, I just found it so surprising how a slight soreness in my mouth could lead to my tongue turning white and odour to be produced there.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i am wondering what you think of this protocol for those with bad breath originating from the mouth and throat:

http://pptu.lefora.com/2011/11/22/lacto ... -protocol/

i think biofilm is likely an issue with why rinses and antibiotics do not always work, so this protocol sounds promising to me. however, i am wondering whether ingesting lactoferrin and xylitol orally (for example, i have lactoferrin in capsule form) does anything if it just goes into the stomach and gut. will they still be secreted in the saliva once the body absorbs it? or should there be another way of taking them - for example, putting them in water and rinsing with them or applying topically to the oral cavity in some other way?

thanks!
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Which bacteria do you plan to kill with drink lactoferrin-xylitol? Oral bacteria or interstinal bacteria? Colon bacteria?
-M
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

aydinmur wrote:
halitosisux wrote:She has been advised her to see a periodontist, but she doesn't believe it will help her.
There is good correlation between gingivit and halitosis.
But, suprisingly, there is very weak correlation between periodontit and halitosis. Interesting.
-M
that is interesting. i have periodontitis, i think (my pockets range from 4 which is "good" for me and "6" or maybe even one at "7" at its worst).
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

aydinmur wrote:Which bacteria do you plan to kill with drink lactoferrin-xylitol? Oral bacteria or interstinal bacteria? Colon bacteria?
-M
i read that it is about breaking through the biofilm, so i assumed it would be good for all bacteria in general? for myself, i have oral bb, i think.
Badbreathscuk
Total Newbie

Post by Badbreathscuk »

If i am type I sufferer , what should i do to reduce BB ?
I am so upset because it is getting worse. I have tried using hydrogen peroxide but it seems that it could only stop BB for a period of time until i have next meal.

Should i try zinc gluconate ? Is it available at drug store ? Thanks a lot :D
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Badbreathscuk wrote:If i am type I sufferer , what should i do to reduce BB ?
Most important factor is ecology.
If ecology is corrected, type 1 halitosis sharply decrease.
There may be reservoirs in mouth for bacteria .
I usualy find reason under bridge or around crowns.

Yes use zinc containing solution.
-M
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

Dr. Aydin Mur,

I may have type 4 halitosis. I have a strong bad breath that comes out when I breathe through my nose. I know that my breath can be smelled from over 30+ feet away even outside in the open air. I can tell because of the way people always react when they start getting that distance around me.

I have no idea what it smells like to other people. Sometimes when the air is mixed with other smells I can smell the stale musty bad breath with fecal odor. Also sometimes when I put my hand close to my nose I can smell some weird rotten egg like odor from the air that comes out of my nose.

Have you had any patients that emit a strong odor when they breathe out their nose? Have you found any causes for this and any sort of cures for this?

I have tried antibiotics and anti-fungal medication. I have different supplements and tried altering my diet. I don't think anything has helped.

If you could provide any information into what is the possible cause for this that would be helpful. Thank you.
Badbreathscuk
Total Newbie

Post by Badbreathscuk »

aydinmur wrote:
Badbreathscuk wrote:If i am type I sufferer , what should i do to reduce BB ?
Most important factor is ecology.
If ecology is corrected, type 1 halitosis sharply decrease.
There may be reservoirs in mouth for bacteria .
I usualy find reason under bridge or around crowns.

Yes use zinc containing solution.
-M
Sorry for not giving all the information ): I forgot to tell that my problem comes from the back of my tongue because that is the only part where my saliva smells so bad. I have tried brushing it twice a day for a month but still no improvement. Here is what i am going to do. I will drink Yakult which contains Lactobacillus every morning and brush my tongue with zinc.

The problem is I cant find zinc solution anywhere, can I use zinc tablet and solute it in water before brushing my tongue ?
And is there any way to completely solve this BB ..Thanks a lot doctor (:
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Badbreathscuk wrote:I forgot to tell that my problem comes from the back of my tongue because that is the only part where my saliva smells so bad.
Rough surfaces is harbor for bacteria. Brushing tongue may not be enough to remove bacteria.

Every type 1 odor easy stops with zinc for hours. Of course it is type 1.

Organic Zn salts are preferable.
-M
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

aydinmur wrote:
Badbreathscuk wrote:I forgot to tell that my problem comes from the back of my tongue because that is the only part where my saliva smells so bad.
Rough surfaces is harbor for bacteria. Brushing tongue may not be enough to remove bacteria.

Every type 1 odor easy stops with zinc for hours. Of course it is type 1.

Organic Zn salts are preferable.
-M
so you are saying if it doesn't go away with a zinc solution, it is not type 1? i always thought i had type 1 but smartmouth rinse (containing zinc) does not usually work for me anymore past maybe 15 minutes. it used to work though.
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

I understand that there are different types of bb. Not sure which one I have (don't know source) but I know it is no longer type 1. When I first got bb it would have been considered type 1 because mouthwash and gum could easily control it. Intially Profresh and Smart mouth were the only things that worked wonders for my bb then they stopped working. Gradually my breath went from acute, to chronic, to now severe. I'm wondering if each type is classified or caused by different areas of the body, how is it that mine jumped types? I don't think I'm the only one who bb gradually went from controllable to severe and room filling.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Dr. Aydinmur,

I've been on the site a long time, and have tried so many things.

But after all this time, I am truly convinced that my breath or the air coming from my lungs, is the identical odor/gases that are in my intestines.

I can't detect it myself, but I get it in backdrafts from other people breathing toward me.. And of course, if I release some gas, it smells the same.. Not just similar, but identical. It really is coming from my mouth as I speak!

What possibly can be the cause for this?? How is such a thing possible??
kart
Junior

Post by kart »

Shit4Breath wrote:I understand that there are different types of bb. Not sure which one I have (don't know source) but I know it is no longer type 1. When I first got bb it would have been considered type 1 because mouthwash and gum could easily control it. Intially Profresh and Smart mouth were the only things that worked wonders for my bb then they stopped working. Gradually my breath went from acute, to chronic, to now severe. I'm wondering if each type is classified or caused by different areas of the body, how is it that mine jumped types? I don't think I'm the only one who bb gradually went from controllable to severe and room filling.
I started to think that, more you concern, more you try to use something new, more you get your BB worse... :shock:
Sometimes I think you cant affront the BACS (bacterias)...

Crazy??

Dr. Murat, what do you think about it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic