Your Email Address:

First Name:

Homeopathy is helping me overcome my bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
JohnThornton
Total Newbie

Homeopathy is helping me overcome my bad breath

Post by JohnThornton »

To everyone feeling depressed about suffering from chronic bad breath, don't lose hope, there really are solutions to this frustrating problem.

My girlfriend first told me that I had bad breath six months ago, though the likelihood is I've had it much longer and other people were either too scared or embarrassed to tell me. It was hard for me to initially accept that I had bad breath, not to mention extremely embarrassing and a blow to my confidence and self-esteem.

What was most frustrating, however, was that I actually couldn't tell that I had a bad breath problem. I couldn’t smell anything and the only time I had an inkling was when I dabbed the back of my tongue with my finger and smelt it. My girlfriend was on the receiving end of my bad breath, and noticed it especially after I ate, whenever I physically exerted myself, or when I was stressed. Needless to say, it took a toll on our relationship, as the bad breath inhibited us from getting close or intimate.

Having tried to remedy the problem myself with regular brushing, mouthwash, chewing gum, and a tongue scraper, I visited two different dentists only to be told that my teeth and gums were absolutely fine and not the cause of my bad breath.

Following that I also visited two different GPs. The first doctor prescribed me an over-the-counter bacterial mouthwash, which temporarily eradicated the problem for a week or so, while the other referred me for a gastroscopy, which again showed no connection to my bad breath.

Most recently, I visited a homeopathic doctor who, following an hour-long consultation, concluded that the cause of my bad breath emanated from my stomach due to an internal imbalance that resulted in poor digestion.

She prescribed a concoction of mixed herbs to be taken as cups of tea three times per day, along with some drops (also to be taken before eating three times per day). I've been taking the treatment for about a week now and my bad breath has, I've been told, almost completely gone! I still can't quite believe it. It’s early days (the treatment lasts one month) but I'm feeling much more optimistic and seriously recommend consulting a homeopath.

For those interested in the details of my treatment, please feel free to read on…

The initial 60-minute consultation was pretty extensive and included me talking about my family, childhood, traumatic experiences and other instances of ill health (I also suffer from Alopecia) and past visits to the hospital (i.e. for broken bones). It felt rather like a therapy or counselling session.

The doctor then asked me to lie down on a bed while she administered a form of Japanese acupuncture. This lasted for around 20 minutes. Following that, she performed some New Age-type exercises that helped her form a diagnosis.

The 50ml bottle of drops prescribed to me is called Amara-Tropfen and helps to aid digestion. I take 30 drops in water (can be taken without water too) three times per day just before eating.

The tea that I drink three times per day consists of the following ingredients...

- Passion flower/fruit herbs (20g)
- Hypericum herbs (20g)
- Oat straw (15g)
- Camomile flowers (30g)
- Barberry (20g)
- Linseed (25g)
- Flax seeds (25g)
- Blackthorn (15g)
- Bitter fennel (25g)
- Caraway seeds (15g)

As homeopathy is a very personalised form of treatment, I wouldn't recommend simply replicating the above ingredients, you'll need to take a combination of ingredients specific to your own situation.

I appreciate that this can sound like a load of mumbo-jumbo but it has honestly made a difference to my bad breath - and more so than any western/traditional medicine.

FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Did your girlfriend ever describe the smell coming from your breath? Did it smell like poo?
JohnThornton
Total Newbie

Post by JohnThornton »

Yep, she did describe it. She said the smell veered between that of rotting food and human excrement.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

How do you guys find this sort of thing?
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Interesting post, and glad you're finding some relief. Hope it continues for you. And yes where are you located JT? It'd be great to find a doctor like yours in my area
JohnThornton
Total Newbie

Post by JohnThornton »

Thanks Jess, my fingers are crossed! I'm based in Berlin and was given the contact through a friend who had suffered from severe heartburn his whole life. He was cured by this particular practitioner within days via a similar course of treatment and his heartburn has yet to return. Fortunately the Germans are big believers in alternative medicine!
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Oh Berlin, I see. I was hoping you were closer by :( . Why can't we have these types of doctors here in the US?!! That's just too bad.

But anyway keep us posted on your progress and good luck to you.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

JohnThornton wrote:Thanks Jess, my fingers are crossed! I'm based in Berlin and was given the contact through a friend who had suffered from severe heartburn his whole life. He was cured by this particular practitioner within days via a similar course of treatment and his heartburn has yet to return. Fortunately the Germans are big believers in alternative medicine!
Hahneman the father of homeopathy was a german, so yes homeopathy is big in Germany. But what I have read that is not homeopathy, if he gave you herbs, but if he gave you globules that you were treated homeopathically
ruch
Sheriff

Re: Homeopathy is helping me overcome my bad breath

Post by ruch »

when did you first receive the treatment? keep us posted if it continues to work! my experience with my ongoing battle with bb is that different things work for a period and then my bb returns. i hope this is not the case for you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic