Your Email Address:

First Name:

Kissed two people today - still looking for confirmation!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thissux
Advanced

Kissed two people today - still looking for confirmation!

Post by thissux »

Hi everyone,

I went out with two very good friends today that always tell me I do not have bad breath at all. They are both women, as I am and in order to try to convince me that I do not have a problem, both kissed me (I know, a little kinky right?). Not a big deal to me, fun actually. Full kissing, tongue etc. All of this to try and convince me I do not have bad breath. Yet they still rubbed their noses on occassion. Would they do this? Would you kiss someone with fecal/garbage breath full on?
Now, I am also volunteering at a center that gives food to needy people. I get nose touches and slight rubs all the time, but the people do talk to me and are friendly. One lady pulled out some gum. Took one herself, offered some to another lady and then finally to me. That felt like a kick in the stomach. If I do not have bb, why does it seem people always rub their nose around me? I also stayed over with two other longtime friends, one who can be very brash and was told I had NO bad breath. What is going on with this? I don't touch my nose if I smell someone's nasty fart, at least I don't think I do, or when I smell bad breath. I live in the Orlando, FL area if anyone on here does. I feel like I am losing my mind! These people say they would tell me for sure, that my breath smells good, great kisser. Ugh. How did you all get confirmation of room filling bad breath?? I think I have it.Thanks all!

Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

Count your lucky stars for good friends. It seems everyone on this forum complains that their families lie to them about bb which makes me think I must have the most critical insensitive family in the world. I won't go into details but on one family dinner I was completely humiliated by a family member of mine because of my bb. My mother, step father, sister, brothers, grandmother, cousins, aunts have all said something about my bb directly or indirectly. I don't know which is worse to have family & friends that lie OR that hurts your feelings with the truth. I don't know whether you have bb or not but from the constant nose rubs and being offered gum I'd say your friends are trying to help you regain confidence so you won't fall off the bandwagon again. Which is a good thing because that means they truly love you. Drugs or alcohol is not the way to go especially when trying to beat bb. I've struggled before in the past with those things just to cope but in all actuality it made my bb wayy worse. We are so toxic that adding anything else toxic or that will suppress our immune system is counter productive. What I would do is go to a trusted family member that you have not asked yet and tell them that you DO have bb in which you can't get rid of and it something you have been struggling to fix. Ask them what they would suggest you do for your problem? If they try to help you find solutions then you more than likely have bb. If they are like 'what problem?' then it's probably likely to be all in your head.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

you may have a severe case of halitophobia.

i wish i could help you but I'm in the UK.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I'd help you if I were in that area too, but I'm not.

Let's pretend your breath does stink.. Surely it can't be so bad that your friends would make out with you, AND insist you don't have BB.
kart
Junior

Re: Kissed two people today - still looking for confirmation

Post by kart »

thissux wrote:Hi everyone,

I went out with two very good friends today that always tell me I do not have bad breath at all. They are both women, as I am and in order to try to convince me that I do not have a problem, both kissed me (I know, a little kinky right?). Not a big deal to me, fun actually. Full kissing, tongue etc. All of this to try and convince me I do not have bad breath. Yet they still rubbed their noses on occassion. Would they do this? Would you kiss someone with fecal/garbage breath full on?
Now, I am also volunteering at a center that gives food to needy people. I get nose touches and slight rubs all the time, but the people do talk to me and are friendly. One lady pulled out some gum. Took one herself, offered some to another lady and then finally to me. That felt like a kick in the stomach. If I do not have bb, why does it seem people always rub their nose around me? I also stayed over with two other longtime friends, one who can be very brash and was told I had NO bad breath. What is going on with this? I don't touch my nose if I smell someone's nasty fart, at least I don't think I do, or when I smell bad breath. I live in the Orlando, FL area if anyone on here does. I feel like I am losing my mind! These people say they would tell me for sure, that my breath smells good, great kisser. Ugh. How did you all get confirmation of room filling bad breath?? I think I have it.Thanks all!
Have you ever tried anti depressants?
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Stankie wrote:Pics, or it didn't happen :) ;) :D
! ROFL @Stankie .. anyways

hmm, there are plenty of folks in florida on this site i think
they likely have genuine bb and may not smell you .

ThisSux , have you considered visiting a doc with a halimeter or an Oralchroma machine ? This will likely rule out the odor behind your fear. Let me tell you , if you d have bb it may only come sometimes and/or its Very low if anything if these girls can smooch your mouth with abandon like that . There ain't no way in the world that would happen to many members here unless it was another member kissing them .

I will still stand firm that I think you have halitophobia alone . You should indeed seek out a Doc with a machine . They at least can't lie to you
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

LOL @ Stankie!!! Should have taken the pics! They weren't the longest - lets get ready to jump in the sack kisses but they were tongue, soft and nice (for the pleasure of your imagination!!!). And yes....2 women. lol.
@Shit4Breath - I wish my family would be honest with me or if they are being honest with me that I could accept it as the truth. I have friends and family that are so uptight about this and are tired of me asking if my breath stinks after they have told me it is fine over and over and over. They get angry because they feel I am calling them liars and they say that. I have asked strangers on the bus - they say no. Some people that are strangers do not feel comfortable, but most are pretty cool about it. They say I don't know you, you are asking and you would want to know, if it did I would say "yes". At the same time, it seems people are always touching or rubbing their nose, particuarly when I talk to them. I had a woman yesterday that walked out into a hall I was standing in and did that nose "smash" rub when she walked out there as well as several more lighter rubs, yet when we were talking outside, about a foot from each other she seemed relaxed enough and did not make a face or back away. @ Deebo My mouth is generally dry, has an unpleasant nasty taste at times. I used to keep mints in all the time and do not do it so much now because of acid reflux. Why would others with halitosis be unable to smell me? Do you know of anyone in Florida that would be willing to try? I live just outside of Orlando in Oviedo, near Winter Springs. Where would I find a doc with a halimeter or an Oralchroma machine? How much would this cost? I would prefer Oralchroma right? Now my family doc, a GI doc and pysc doc acknowleged that I had a breath problem when I was in the middle of a major alcohol relapse - say 1/5 vodka per day. Pretty bad. I am sober now.
@Kart - I just started Prozac 20mgs and may need to increase. Also on Klonopin for anxiety from all of this. I used to work in corporate and want to again but am so afraid of comments that could come up and I would be hurt if I thought I was really okay.
So many people have had me breathe right into their face, right in their nose and said "fresh or just brushed". What the heck you guys? I do not think I could stand to do that if someone had really foul breath. Could you? Thanks again all!
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

I've been thinking about this issue for a long time and unfortunately I don't know any more than you.
I work in a very stuffy place, I swear I could be eating watermelon and it would stink up the whole place, that's how stuffy it is.
The thing is that I've spoken to many customers and could not detected bb from them, however when I walk past the place they have been standing in, I can actually pick up all sorts of smells.
The air they exhale is virtually undetectable, I think the problem is in the water vapour released when they start talking.
Today I was talking to some customers, they started rubbing their noses a bit, so I quickly took a sip of water, and the nose rubbing stopped. I think it's in the saliva. In the morning, gross but do it anyways, first thing you do when walking up is run to the bathroom and spit on your palm, rub it around then let it dry a bit, then take a sniff. If it smells then you should try to change your diet or some detox to change the balance of your saliva.

I have a coworker who has NO BB. He has spoken to me directly many times, and no bb. However one time I was on the ground packing some things, he reached directly over me to get something, and said "sorry", boy did something slap me in the nose. I smelled something foul from someone with no bb at all. It's so weird. So I really think it's not in the air you exhale but in the saliva you spray out.

Also people pick up different things, like eyesight, some people have a 20/20 nose? Some people pick up smells better than others.

Do you have wisdom/ tonsils?

Anyways I highly doubt someone would kiss you if you had bb, unless you are really really hot, and bb is overlooked. Good looking people get away with everything... just joking.
;)
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

lol - I am or at least I was a pretty good looking woman. I fitness competitor type, pretty, nice smile. I saw a therapist for the first time yesterday, a new one and she said she could not smell anything what-so-ever. She did touch her nose three times during the hour long session and I brought it to her attention. She seemed very relaxed as she spoke with me, no strained expression on her face. I told her that previous doctors said I did have a breath issue when I was drinking heavily let's say 1/5th of vodka a day. Not doing that now for three months. She said as a professional she would be obligated to tell me if she sensed an odor and that we would have to work from that angle. She said she would not call it a "phobia" as I was told previously there was a problem at this point she said she would call it OCD disorder along with anxiety. I asked her if I should go to a dentist or doctor for confirmation that it has cleared then. I think she said that would be okay to do. Or to ask a child. My mom got her hair cut the other day and she was so frustrated, she said the hairdressers breath smelled just like mine - nothing but a hint of cigarettes (I know I need to stop smoking again). The girls I went out with said my breath was great. Asked another guy at the bus stop and he said absolutely no smell. This is beyond frustrating. Now the holidays and I have to be around people - my Dad's girlfriends younger adults, about 20 years old and obnoxious. I feel nervous. That side of my family says they don't want me to bring up the issue anymore, that it is a non issue. Still looking for someone in the Orlando area? Anyone out there that wants to meet up? Thanks!!!
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

you do sound like you have halitophobia. a lot of people touch their noses and it has nothing to do with someone having bb. for example, out of habit, itch, nervousness, whatever. i tend to do it a lot out of habit. i noticed my ex bf does it too.. he puts his finger below his nostrils when he is sitting and leaning his elbow on the table. i only noticed it recently and wondered if it was because of my breath but i don't think so (i don't have room filling bb, and you can only notice if you are within a certain distance, and i think he was far enough away though i may be wrong). anyway, i know that i never put my hands to my face if someone has bb because it would be rude.. and the people who would deny you have bb to be polite would prob try to hide it in other ways too, like not touching their noses (so if they do, it is prob not related to bb). what i do is hold my breath instead.. or i back away or try to sit away from them. that is probably a better indicator.

i am guessing that you may have had bb due to alcohol (another ex of mine would have the bad breath from smoking and drinking.. but only when he did that, not at other times). now that you do not drink, you prob don't have it.

the best way to tell might be to meet someone on this forum to test your breath. people here will be honest.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Thanks Ruch - I just don't know who to believe or how to get a solid yes or no. How much would one of these OralChroma tests costs? Just about everyone I talk to touches their nose in some way at some point. I went out to eat with my Dad and his long-term girlfriend. They are so tired of hearing about this. They say there is no smell. His girlfriend and I have been good friends over the years. She has two kids (they are about 20 and 22 years old). She is Brazilian and loves them more than anything in the world. She said she swears on the very life of her kids (she meant it) that there is no bad breath and she said this with all of her heart. She said if she was a lesbian she would date me in a heartbeat, that I was perfect in all ways. Why do people keep touching their nose then? It can be a rub, a scratch on or next to the nose? I went to a therapist and she said she smelled nothing, that she would tell me as it would be something we would need to address. She touched her nose maybe three times, though not right away and she seemed pretty relaxed. I got offered gum the other day at a food bank I am volunteering at and people there touch their nose. Doctor Oz says people touch, pick or go to their nose about 5 times approx an hour. If you smell something, does your finger go to your nose? I want to cry. I am going to go to a new dentists and tell him I have a breath issue and to pleae rate and describe what it is he smells. What do you guys think? I hate the offer of gum. I already had a piece in my mouth!!!! I have asked so many people and they say no. Kissed two friends, real kisses. If I was room filling how could they do this? Grrrrr!!!! I have noticed I touch or itch my nose now.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Wiki awnsers says: How many times do people touch their face a day.

Awnser: You touch your face/head up to 2-4 times a minute, it may not seem like it but it does happen. That's up to 5,500 times a day

My question is why the finger to the nose when I talk? It is not everytime, but so many times.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

chances are, the nose touching means nothing. people often also offer gum as a polite gesture if they pull it out for themselves.. i do this and it usually means nothing. i think you have a case of halitophobia. either that or you are on this forum to just troll since you don't listen to any of us.

like i said, see if someone from here can meet you in person and tell you. the other option is to ask a young child. they will tell the truth.

if this many people tell you that you are fine, you probably are.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Maybe they touch their nose because the air that puffs in the face when you talk to them tickles them.

I think you really have halitophobia.

My case is the opposite, no one reacts to my breath but makes comments and gestures about fart/shit smells.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic