Your Email Address:

First Name:

Murat Aydin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

ruch wrote:so you are saying if it doesn't go away with a zinc solution, it is not type 1?
Yes.
if it doesn't go away with a zinc solution, it is not type 1.
ruch wrote: i always thought i had type 1 but smartmouth rinse (containing zinc) does not ...sniip...
No.
Zn containin rinses is not a good criteria.
As I have previously explained at somewhere on this forum, rinses contain sweeteners, detergents, and more additives...
-M

aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

mike987 wrote:...What possibly can be the cause for this?? How is such a thing possible??
Need long answer. Briefly: you can not diagnose your self.
To detect odor/gases coming from lungs, that are in your intestines, you should blow a baloon with a specific maneura. Gas detector is connected to the baloon. H2 and CH4 gases is monitorized. When fasting, it must be under 10 ppm. Otherwise it shows, some colon or inetstinal gases enter blood and alveol air.
My individual experience is that SO2 gas also elevates.
-M
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Dr. Aydinmur, could you please tell us what you currently know to be the best way to control Type-1 BB.

What type of Zinc, in what form, whether to combine it with other agents such as chlorhexidine and how to do so.

I'm currently using a toothpaste containing Zinc lactate, which I'm brushing into the tongue. Used twice a day I'm able to remain completely free of self-detectable odour from my tongue. Would you recommend using other types of Zinc or anything in addition to this?

Many thanks.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote:could you please tell us what you currently know to be the best way to control Type-1 BB
To control Type 1 halitosis is easier than others. Generally there is at least one reservoir in mouth. The difficult thing is to find its location.
I often see crowns and bridges are reasons of problem. Sometimes rough surfaces, chronic apical lesions, pericoroner infections of wisdom teeth. Sometimes bad root fillings or crown fillings, bad contours at contact area between fillings and rarely periodontal pockets.
-M
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote:Would you recommend using other types of Zinc or anything in addition to this?
This table is from my halitosis textbook:
http://www.aydinmur.com/akkitabi.html

zinc acetate zinc hexa fluorosilicate
zinc ammonium sulfate zinc iodide
zinc benzoate zinc lactate
zinc bromide zinc nitrate
zinc carbonate zinc oxalate
zinc carboxymethyl succinate zinc oxide
zinc chloride zinc phenylsulfonate
zinc chromate zinc phosphate
zinc citrate zinc salicylate
zinc dithionate zinc silicate
zinc fluoride zinc stannate
zinc fluosilicate zinc stearate
zinc formate zinc succinate
zinc gluconate zinc sulfate
zinc glycerophosphate zinc tartarate
zinc tetrafluoroborate

More soluble one is more useful. Lactate better than acetat. ZnO is one of worst zn compunds. Also nitrat, ulfat, silicat, oxalate, carbonate is not prefereble because of less soluble in water. Molecule's bonds must be weak, like zngluconate, znacetate, zncl, znlactate.
-M
kart
Junior

Post by kart »

Dr Murat,

Can be the tonsil a reservoir in the mouth??
Is the Tonsillectomy can resolve BB Type 1?
If yes, how often the Tonsillectomy resolves the type 1?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thank you for the information Dr. Aydinmur.
It makes me feel a lot more confident having discovered a similar "reservoir" in my own mouth. I still have one more left to deal with.

Do you know whether such reservoirs can increase the overall bacterial activity throughout the entire mouth and throat?

By the way, I would love to see your halitosis textook in English translation.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

lost1234 wrote:Dr. Aydinmur,
Do you have many type 5 patients?
I ask this because all of my tests I have done on checking and asking people about my breath, they all tell me they do not smell any bad breath. Even people who I have meet from this forum.

I know 1 thing for sure, I do make people rub their nose when talking to me. I am 99.9% sure of this as I believe most people on this forum believe too. I have seen people with chronic bad breath talk to people and no nose rubs. This leads me to believe nose rubs do not 100 % mean bad breath. If in fact I am type 5 halitosis, do you know why myself and alot of people on this forum make people rub their nose?
I'm sure you're unconsciously looking at or glancing at their nose constantly.
That probably prompts it.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Dr. Murat,

So in talking about type 5 cases. I keep being told by friends and family that I absolutely do not have any bad breath. However, I keep getting nose scratches, touches and rubs. My mouth does have a bad taste many times. I went to a therapist yesterday - first time meeting with her, explained the matter. She seemed very relaxed talking to me. She touched or scratched her nose approximately 3 times while I was there, but her face looked relaxed. I was shopping last night and I overheard someone mention a dentist and I automatically think they are saying this so that I can hear. I know you said earlier that having people smell our breath is unsafe, however I have done that many, many times. People with their nose almost in my mouth blowing hard into their face and they say smell nothing or smells fresh/good. Could average people handle smelling reflux type halitosis like that? I was kissed on the mouth, a full kiss by two everyday people. Wouldn't this make them sick? It did not. How do I find out if I really have halitosis? Would I believe I was seeing people touch their nose when they are not? Thank you very much for helping us here. Very much sir. Thank you.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Dr. Murat - also the therapist I saw insisted as a professional that she smelled absolutely no bad breath and that she would inform me if she did as a professional. I am a recovering alcoholic and when I first noticed a problem I was drinking heavy every day. Dr said I had it, GI doc and one Pysc doc in a detox unit. Could I have had it and it has gotten under control with stopping drinking and taking prilosec? Why do people rub their nose when they smell bad breath. I have smelled it on someone else and did not rub my nose, is that because mine is worse? I am so confused and need help sir. Thank you!
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

kart wrote:Can be the tonsil a reservoir in the mouth??
The tonsil can be a reservoir in the mouth for either type 2 or type 1, but halitosisux asked about type 1.

Zn solution does not immediately stop halitosis if its origin locates on tonsil tissue. Usually causes type 2.
kart wrote: Is the Tonsillectomy can resolve BB Type 1?
If yes, how often the Tonsillectomy resolves the type 1?
You asked type 1 ?
I dont know stattistics.
I have never needed to advise someone tonsillectomy to resolve type 1
-M
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

thissux wrote:So in talking about type 5 cases. I keep being told by friends and family that I absolutely do not have any bad breath. However, I keep getting nose ....
Type 5 cases (like you) are very hard to treat cases. I scare from type 5 cases. They never believe they are healthly persons. I divide them into 3 subcategories:
1- Who magnifies physiological odor exists (most often I see this subcategory)
2- who have low odor level. They dont magnify but their odor-threshold is low.
3- Who have odor halusinations. Central neurological system pathologies, such as damage of smell nuclei in brain by a mechanic trauma or toxication.
Go to this page http://agizkokusu.org/tip5.html and click -translate- line at lower left corner.
-M
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

aydinmur wrote:
halitosisux wrote:Would you recommend using other types of Zinc or anything in addition to this?
This table is from my halitosis textbook:
http://www.aydinmur.com/akkitabi.html

zinc acetate zinc hexa fluorosilicate
zinc ammonium sulfate zinc iodide
zinc benzoate zinc lactate
zinc bromide zinc nitrate
zinc carbonate zinc oxalate
zinc carboxymethyl succinate zinc oxide
zinc chloride zinc phenylsulfonate
zinc chromate zinc phosphate
zinc citrate zinc salicylate
zinc dithionate zinc silicate
zinc fluoride zinc stannate
zinc fluosilicate zinc stearate
zinc formate zinc succinate
zinc gluconate zinc sulfate
zinc glycerophosphate zinc tartarate
zinc tetrafluoroborate

More soluble one is more useful. Lactate better than acetat. ZnO is one of worst zn compunds. Also nitrat, ulfat, silicat, oxalate, carbonate is not prefereble because of less soluble in water. Molecule's bonds must be weak, like zngluconate, znacetate, zncl, znlactate.
-M
doctor, can you tell us how we can access these types of zinc? you mentioned to me above that it is not useful in a rinse format, or did i misinterpret your reply?

here are the ingredients in smart mouth rinse which i have at home (you have to mix equal amounts of the 2 solutions together just before using, which is actually annoying because it makes it less easy to carry around with you). it contains zinc chloride:

Solution 1 Ingredients: Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chlorite, Benzoic Acid.

Solution 2 Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Poloxamer 407, Propylene Glycol, Poloxamer 124, Zinc Chloride, Flavor, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Sodium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Blue No. 1.

thanks!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Could you please also tell us whether the order of that list of Zinc types is in order of preference?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote:Could you please also tell us whether the order of that list of Zinc types is in order of preference?
Alphabetically order.
The table has 2 columns.
When I paste the table, its separator lines lost.

Acetat, gluconat, lactat, chlorid salts have close effects. They are more soluble than others.
-M
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic