Your Email Address:

First Name:

Lactoferrin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

mike987 wrote:Hm, I think lactoferrin might be responsible for defeating my white tongue I haven't had clear for most of a year. It's perfectly clear in some spots now before that seemed impossible to clear... Although I did change my tongue brush type.

Still, no relation to BB, as my BB was really bad yesterday.

Who was it who first mentioned lactoferrin working for them, and is it still working for them now?
pssibly me too but i find it does come and go.

the one thing about white tongue is when i have it, the bb is worse than when i don't... when i don't have a white tongue, sometimes i don't feel like i have bb (cannot smell or taste it.. i can often smell or taste my bb), but other times i do. when i do though, it often doesn't seem as bad. makes sense if the white coating is bacteria or caused by bacteria...

whybb
Total Newbie

lactoferrin

Post by whybb »

Ive tried this and it did not help me :( Although I believe it has boosted my immune system since I have been surrounded by people with cold or flu and I haven't gotten sick.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Tongue 'coating' is going away. I've been pouring it onto my tongue working it around my mouth, and swallowing about once a day, as well as just consuming one normally.

No breath help though from what I can tell.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

do you find your bb has reduced a bit due to less coated tongue?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I really don't think so.. My BB doesn't seem to be related to tongue coating. Why, some time ago I had a almost perfectly pink tongue, and still had BB.

My holiday back home in America is coming up.. I'm so afraid to face all those people.. all my family, all my old friends... the girl I used to sort of know, but developed a relationship in the last couple months online, and she can't wait to meet me :(

All I can do is take the diatomaceous earth and the mastic gum, and hope for the best.... Or I can hope she's developed some terrible BB issue, which would be thrilling, because I would be so accepting.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

@Mike, there is one solution. Have someone get acuzole - brand name from a doc, DON'T GET ANYTHING ONLINE SUCH AS METRONIDAZOLE which is the generic brand.
Acuzole will bring your bb down a lot, possibly down to zero temporarily while you meet your family and friends, and this lovely girl.
It works after the first dose so you don't have to wait a long time for results.
It literally turned my breath into nothing.

Unfortunately bb did come back after I stopped taking it.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I don't know that antibiotics would even help me. I don't know what my problem is..

How does one get those antibiotics? Are those pretty standard fair?
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

mike987 wrote:I don't know that antibiotics would even help me. I don't know what my problem is..

How does one get those antibiotics? Are those pretty standard fair?
After countless research, it seems that acuzole / flagyl (metronidazole) is what a lot of people use for the h.pylori treatment, in the triple therapy.
Even Miss Pretty used it for her treatment, and it gave her bb free for a week or so.

I used it on it's own and it worked on my nasal odour, surprisingly.
I think it works like a defence mechanism, it builds a temporary defence against the "bad bacteria" but as soon you stop, the bad bacteria over takes again. It cause we have a very weak immune system.

The only possibility is to get it from an ENT who is compassionate enough to prescribe it to you, if you tell them you have a stomach ulcer/ h.pylori. Although I don't know if an ordinary doctor has the authority to give you this medicine.
Or is there someone in the states who can get it for you?
The online crap won't work so get the real thing.

BB is difficult enough but facing the one you love is very hard, I wish you luck. But if she really cares about you she won't mind the smell but she may hold her breath while you talk. lol.

In my lifetime I've only met one person who didn't cough/cover their nose when talking to me. Looking back I really messed up by pushing that person away. We had a very special connection, it is close to true love, in the end I let bb get in the way, and it took every ounce of strength I had to walk away. I won't ever find someone like that again. It's been 8 years, and yet that person is still on my mind. I tried to apologize but it's ignored. How do I know it's love because sitting there next to them, doing nothing, saying nothing, makes me feel like the happiest person on earth. It was never about lust or anything, it was the most innocent and purest feeling in the world. 23 years of suffering, is all worth it, to find someone who truly loves you beyond the flaws.

So the moral of the story, if that girl really cares for you, she'll find a way to make it work. And if you find someone who doesn't give a crap about your bb, that is someone worth holding onto. Don't be stupid like me and walk from something that you could regret forever.
But if she can't see beyond your flaw, walk away from her, don't regret letting go of someone who doesn't give a crap about you.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i just wanted to report that this stuff has been working for me a bit. i still have bb but it is definitely reduced much of the time (though not all of the time). i think the way it helps is that it has removed or prevented the white coating on my tongue somehow.. so most of the time, i either only have a white coating at the back of my tongue or none at all. because the coating is reduced, the bb has also been reduced.

i have been taking 2-3 250 mg capsules a day. it is not cheap.. a bottle costs me $33 and there are 60 per bottle. i also still use grapefruit seed extract + oil of oregano (4 drops + 1 drop in about 1/2 cup of water) to rinse and gargle with after brushing and flossing and gently scraping my tongue. i also always use some sort of rinse like a chlorine dioxide, smart mouth (zinc), and/or chlorhexidine.
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

ruch wrote: i also always use some sort of rinse like a chlorine dioxide, smart mouth (zinc), and/or chlorhexidine.

Where do you purchase those rinses from? Do pharmacies sell them?

kickn

Post by kickn »

Ya i tried the biotene toothpaste ,mouthwash and gum, rite after stopping therabreath routine for 6 years because i think it was jus making it worse or making me more aware, im not sure. the biotene gave me sinuse trouble big time so i stopped , plus i was still getting reactions when people were walking by. rite now im doin the flip turn sinuse wash with closys mouthwash and salt. too early to tell if its working
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

Seriously, where can one get lactoferrin from? I checked about a dozen websites and none have it, they're all out of stock!!

Is there a particular brand that is most recommended or do they all have the same strength?

Thanks

deebo

Post by deebo »

sadmum wrote:Seriously, where can one get lactoferrin from? I checked about a dozen websites and none have it, they're all out of stock!!

Is there a particular brand that is most recommended or do they all have the same strength?
sadmum , did you try google/shopping and your area ?

just for those needed to know the source of this info http://pptu.lefora.com/2011/11/22/lacto ... -protocol/

pretty sure this started about parasites . the protocol also requires xylitol
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

lactoferrin is hard to find. i found it in a natural/health food + supplements store.. but only one. i asked at others and they didn't even know what it is. you could probably order online somewhere too if you try googling it.

as for the rinses, chlorhexidine is available only by prescription in canada. in the US and elsewhere, i think you can buy the rinses. some people on here have mentioned brand names but i forget what they are. smart mouth and chlorine dioxide rinses (like closys) are available at pharmacies and online. they are hard to find in canada so i buy them from dentists and online. i think they are more widely available in the US.

warning to those who are hopeful: my bb is not gone. i still definitely have it, but i think it has just been reduced due to the white coating on my tongue being gone.. so one odor source is reduced. it will only work for you if your odor comes from the white coating.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

sadmum wrote:Seriously, where can one get lactoferrin from? I checked about a dozen websites and none have it, they're all out of stock!!

Thanks
I bought lactoferrin from amazon.com not too long ago. The brand is life extension, so I'm sure you can find it on their website as well (lef.org).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic