Your Email Address:

First Name:

Does oral and esophageal candida/thrush cause bad breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thissux
Advanced

Does oral and esophageal candida/thrush cause bad breath?

Post by thissux »

My tooth extraction is healing nicely, I did get a bit of a dry socket. I still have two teeth in need of work. I had to take amoxicillin for the extraction. 28 pills. Now my tongue is coated white and very patchy. Saw a doc. He did not take a sample of this, was sure it was yeast and is now putting me on 14 days of diflucan. I am also finally in line for an endoscopy and colonoscopy through the help of an organization. I am weaning off of Prilosec and have HCL tablets and ACV standing by untouched.
Does thrush/yeast in the mouth or throat cause strong halitosis? This seems to be a debate. I had yeast problems in my younger years for a long time and bacterial imabalances, tons of antibiotics.
Also, could yeast in the esophagus mimic reflux?
Help anyone with experience on this. Saw new therapist today and he insisted he did not smell any bad breath on me what so ever and that he had talked to people earlier that day that did have bad breath. More prozac for my depression. He insisted he would tell me if he smelled it.
Also, I had another post but no awnser - can those of us with halitosis smell each other because I had a meet up and could not smell anything on the other persons breath, mouth or nasal. In fact it was fresh breath. Now I have smelled halitosis on others. Very much so. Can we smell each other? I know I can smell bad breath. They said they did not smell me at all either. What gives? Help!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Some info for you..
There used to be a guy on here called Keeptrying2009. In the end he got banned by the forum owner, and most of his posts were removed or deleted - I won't go into the reasons why, but I will mention that he was diagnosed with candida infection of the esophagus.

This was diagnosed in a hospital, by endoscopic examination. Treated with antifungal medication. He said his bad breath/reactions etc stopped after the treatment. Lots of people tried his antifungal medication, though I don't think it helped anyone permanently.

He was on Omeprazole for a long time. This PPI can lead to esophegal candidiasis, and various lung infections. Probably because it prevents the stomach from being as sterile as it would normally be at much lower pH.

The question about whether those with halitosis can smell each other - Generally speaking, it would have to be a massive coincidence every time if the same halitosis sufferers had exactly the same odour, which renders them unable to smell each other - besides, most people with BB claim they can smell their own BB and other people's BB, so it just seems a strange coincidence each time we hear about meetups, of people not being able to smell each other only at meetups.

I think the most plausible explanation for this would be that perhaps the BB is intermittent?

And halitophobia is also always a possibility for any sufferer. Halitophobia doesn't just mean a person is wrongly imagining a problem that doesn't actually exist, it also means their self-perceptions of what they think their mouth odours and tastes must make their breath smell like, has become warped by their constant obsessing, coupled with having a lowered confidence and poor self-image in general. Stress could be a huge factor here. Stress from fear causes the mouth to become dry. Dry mouth will usually always cause some breath odour. During meetups you almost WANT to be told your breath stinks. The fear of seeing a bad reaction that you fear under normal circumstances, isn't there during meetups. It's the same at doctors visits too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic