Your Email Address:

First Name:

An Amazing Discovery - Sugarfree/Chewable VITAMIN C

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

wow succ - i was waiting to see if anyone might tell me that they feel the same way.

you know it sounds like somehow our system was not working very well, and the vit c has gotten it going more. i feel like my digestion is working better too. i used to feel almost drugged-up after meals, just like this extreme fatigue which a few others have mentioned. i don't have that as much. it's like mysystem is running smoother and more efficiently. the same with retaining water/moisture, maybe.

no, i never seemed to need to drink a lot of water - that's the weird thing. i didn't have too much of a normal thirsty feeling. i mean, it's not that thirst was completely foreign to me, but it never felt "normal". i can't describe it.

i'm drinking more water these two days.

i am still feeling very tired myself. but i haven't been sleeping full 8 hours a night, which i think i might need. plus i've had a very tiring week. or maybe my body's energy is spent on boosting my immune system and fighting the bacteria - i actually feel quite tired.

it's so weird that i've taken so much vitamins and stuff and this is what is working the best.

austuser, it's giving me some gas too. but mostly a feeling of acid reflux (or something like that) and mild heartburn at this point. i used to have stomach problems (i think i have a sensitive stomach), i hope i won't have to stop because my stomach won't tolerate it. :(

that nurse - i must have been smelling like her then. fecal plus bad morning breath was what i'd been smelling like, i think. ughh.

waitingforrelief
Sheriff

p.s.

i'm thinking, maybe for those of us who have stomach troubles, we could substitute some of our dosage with fruit and vegetable juice, and drinks like Emergen C?

i know that emergen c has some kind of stomach buffer so it shouldn't create irritation or heartburn. i wonder if it'd help. but i might just try that.

the more people we can get to try all these different variations the better it is!
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

unsungzero7 wrote:you guys could get 4000 mg of vitamin c if you drank three cups of orange or tomato juice.
Not really, I have a carton of 100% natural orange juice in front of me. On the back it says it contains ~48mg of vitc/100ml. That would be 96mg of vitc per 200ml glass of juice ;)
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

path wrote:Does anybody have difficulty sucking Vit C besides me? The acidity really hurts if I let it dissolve completely in my mouth. It's hard to describe the sensation, but it is like rinse with too much hydrogen peroxide. A little tiny piece of skin in my mouth just came off before I almost dissolved a cap. I know, the pain is nothing compared with BB. I am just curious.
Probably some of the ingredients of the tablets are rough and gritty, and when you suck too hard the friction is irritating the mouth. Thats why they specify to CHEW some vitamins.

If you want it to dissolve slowly, the best way is to let it sit in one area of the mouth and let it fade. Don't suck it like a jolly rancher or a lollipop!

---

You definitely need to double your water intake while taking C. 5000mg maybe triple!

I've always taken vitamin C normal dosage, but not every day, and not extreme amounts. I may try to double my own dosage to 2000mg to see if any difference. Never have I noticed any relief from increasing any vitamin... but I am accustomed to taking them and mainly from natural foods that are rich in minerals and antioxidants. I work out, so I need to replenish things!

I wonder, if Vit C works so well, why hasn't anyone figured it out yet...it's such a simple remedy (allegedly) for a problem that has probably been around since day one. However I am amazed at the results I am hearing, and I do not doubt there must be something to the increased amount.

I hope more people post their negative and positive experiences with taking 4000 to 5000mg. I also wonder if there is any difference between the chewable tablets and natural forms of C. Not that I'm going to eat 25 oranges daily!
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

noptical wrote:
unsungzero7 wrote:you guys could get 4000 mg of vitamin c if you drank three cups of orange or tomato juice.
Not really, I have a carton of 100% natural orange juice in front of me. On the back it says it contains ~48mg of vitc/100ml. That would be 96mg of vitc per 200ml glass of juice ;)
Yeah :D
4000 mg is ALOT... you mean to fill your bathtub with tomato juice and take a long dip!
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

elliott wrote:I wonder, if Vit C works so well, why hasn't anyone figured it out yet...it's such a simple remedy (allegedly) for a problem that has probably been around since day one. However I am amazed at the results I am hearing, and I do not doubt there must be something to the increased amount.
For the same reason people didn't figure out that brushing your tongue helps bad breath although the toothbrush has been around for a few hundred years.
girlie girl
Advanced

Stomach upset...

Post by girlie girl »

Hey guys,
Someone stated, "where did we find the chewable vit.c 1000mg"...I found mine at CVS Monday for $7.99 a bottle of 100 tablets and they have it on special this week buy one, get one free. So I got 200 tablets of 1000mg for $7.99. Great deal.

Also, Those having stomach distress from the Vit.C. try taking 1/2 teasponn of baking soda in a small amount of water to counteract the acidity that is causing stomach problems. You can do this 2-3 times daily. I have a great article on the benefits of baking soda on the body. If you want a copy of the article let me know and I will e-mail it you.

I started taking Vit. C Monday so it's been 2 full days. I haven't notice much difference in my mouth, but have noticed an increase in flatulence. I will keep it going to see what happens. I am taking about 6000mg (4 chewable & 2 tablets--all are 1000mg). I still feel very positive about this and will NOT give up until I give it adequate time to do it's thing.

I believe that it's up to yourself to find the answers and do research because many physicians don't have time or interest to find out how to "heal" us. That's why I appreciate John so much for doing his work and helping us all. Thanks John!
path
Total Newbie

Post by path »

It turns out I was chewing pure Vit C. I got some chewable at CVS. It is actually delicious.
path wrote:Does anybody have difficulty sucking Vit C besides me? The acidity really hurts if I let it dissolve completely in my mouth. It's hard to describe the sensation, but it is like rinse with too much hydrogen peroxide. A little tiny piece of skin in my mouth just came off before I almost dissolved a cap. I know, the pain is nothing compared with BB. I am just curious.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

I've eaten today maybe even like 6-7k mg and I'm having a lot of gas. My stomach hurts a little too, but I'm not tired like I used to be.
missy

Post by missy »

I am sooo happy for you guys that are seeing good results from the Vitamin C. Not for me tho, I am on my 4th day and nothing yet. But I will keep on going. The roof of my mouth is a little sore from the gritt of the tablet, so I will try to keep the tablet off there for a few days. I have been really really tired and groggy this week and also mild headaches starting in the late afternoon. Don't know if that is related to the Vitamin C or not. I usually don't get headaches. But no stomach pain or gas so far. I had to buy my tablets at a small drugstore 20 miles from me, will get more later when I go into the city. I am using Good Sense Tropical Fruit Flavored and they are really good. The other brand I bought was Nature's Bounty Berry Flavor and they are so damn sour that I had to spit them out. Hard as a rock too so maybe they are old. The good tasting ones were $7.95 for 180 tablets. If this does not work for me, which I am afraid it won't, I will make an appt. with an ENT, another waste of money probably. But I have to try.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Missy, don't give up yet. it took John over a week to see results. It depends on the severity of our problem. "with god all things are possible"
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

actually missy if you have a cvs or wallgreens near you, try their brand.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

missy wrote:I am sooo happy for you guys that are seeing good results from the Vitamin C. Not for me tho, I am on my 4th day and nothing yet. But I will keep on going. The roof of my mouth is a little sore from the gritt of the tablet, so I will try to keep the tablet off there for a few days. I have been really really tired and groggy this week and also mild headaches starting in the late afternoon. Don't know if that is related to the Vitamin C or not. I usually don't get headaches. But no stomach pain or gas so far. I had to buy my tablets at a small drugstore 20 miles from me, will get more later when I go into the city. I am using Good Sense Tropical Fruit Flavored and they are really good. The other brand I bought was Nature's Bounty Berry Flavor and they are so damn sour that I had to spit them out. Hard as a rock too so maybe they are old. The good tasting ones were $7.95 for 180 tablets. If this does not work for me, which I am afraid it won't, I will make an appt. with an ENT, another waste of money probably. But I have to try.
missy. how much dosage are you taking? maybe you can experiment with upping your dosage or something. (of course at your discretion, noting that being a layperson i really have no medical knowledge of whether this would be the right thing or not.) i've always had the tendency to be tired in the late afternoon to evening, but i think i've been feeling even more the last few days. at first it felt like the vit c gave me a boost of energy, but then - it's hard to describe - i just felt spent. i'm wondering if it's because my immune system is finally working extra hard to fight the bacteria with the help of the vit c boost. and so that's why i've been feeling so tired. maybe, just maybe, your fatigue is actually a sign that the vit c is doing something.

i remember you're the person who also has that same taste in your mouth like me. my mouth tastes a lot better now. when i lick my gum and teeth, sometimes i don't even taste that gross stuff at all. but not all the time. i'm hoping that the effect is somewhat accumulative - that it'll get better as our system gets up and running. so yea, don't give up. keep at it. maybe you need a higher dose or something. yesterday i definitely took more than 4000 mg.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Re: Stomach upset...

girlie girl wrote:Hey guys,
Someone stated, "where did we find the chewable vit.c 1000mg"...I found mine at CVS Monday for $7.99 a bottle of 100 tablets and they have it on special this week buy one, get one free. So I got 200 tablets of 1000mg for $7.99. Great deal.

Also, Those having stomach distress from the Vit.C. try taking 1/2 teasponn of baking soda in a small amount of water to counteract the acidity that is causing stomach problems. You can do this 2-3 times daily. I have a great article on the benefits of baking soda on the body. If you want a copy of the article let me know and I will e-mail it you.

I started taking Vit. C Monday so it's been 2 full days. I haven't notice much difference in my mouth, but have noticed an increase in flatulence. I will keep it going to see what happens. I am taking about 6000mg (4 chewable & 2 tablets--all are 1000mg). I still feel very positive about this and will NOT give up until I give it adequate time to do it's thing.

I believe that it's up to yourself to find the answers and do research because many physicians don't have time or interest to find out how to "heal" us. That's why I appreciate John so much for doing his work and helping us all. Thanks John!
hey girlie girl - good advice re the baking soda. i'll try that. could you email me the article? i'll pm you with my email address. thanks a lot.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

I went to Walgreens monday and bought a big bottle of 150 chewable vitamin C tablets. Each tab has 500 mg ( I couldn't find the 1000 mg one).Starting yesterday I've been chewing on two tabs four times a day. I haven't noticed any difference yet, but it's still early, so I'll keep taking that dosage for a week or so and see what happens.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic