Your Email Address:

First Name:

I'm cured and immensely happy - read on for complete details

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Bbc

I'm cured and immensely happy - read on for complete details

Post by Bbc »

Hello everyone

I had posted approx a year ago about the benefit of Zinetac - I continue to take it because of my GERD problem. I am certain it also helps my breath issues.

HOWEVER, I have also come across other solutions and would like to pen them down in case someone wishes to try them out. Let me say that I am now permanently cured as long as I stick to this routine.

1) floss your teeth
2)Nasal rinse (the neti pot) - this is fantastic. You cannot believe how much gunk is stuffed up the nasal passages till you do this for a week. Blocked nasal passages prevent adequate oxygen intake and thereby allows the proliferation of odour causing bacteria in the mouth. I was very sceptical of the neti pot, but am now a great fan. For those of you who are scared of it, let me say that it's incredibly easy to do. A few tips
-Use salt (common table salt will do). This helps balance the salinity and prevents pain/discomfort. I use about 1/6th teaspoon in the neti pot.
- warm water is best
- start with either nostril. At first the flow is weak and inconsitent, but this will improve in a few days.
- once you've exhausted the neti pot through one nostril, shake your head while looking down so residual water in the nasal cavity comes out. Then (assume its in the right and out the left) close the right nostril and gently blow out through the left. You may find a little pressure in your ear, but you'll be surprised at what comes out - maybe not the first couple of days, but surely later.
- repeat the entire procedure through the other nostril.

3) then clean your teeth , FOR OVER 4 MINUTES. This is essential, because bacteria sticks to your teeth more securely than you could possibly believe!! An electric toothbrush is preferable.

4) Clean your tongue with two fingers, vigorously rubbing forward and backward, going as far back as possible. Fingers work better than a brush/tongue cleaner as they reach further back and are smooth and soft. If the white coating is stubborn, lightly use the back of the nail on your forefinger (on the front to back stroke , not the other way).

5)for half a minute, rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide mixed in water. I use about 5 ml of 20 volume H2O2 in a handful of water. Just before spitting out, tilt your head far back and gargle with the solution deep in your throat.

6) Immediately after, rinse with a mouthful of water for 10 seconds, to ensure that no H2O2 stays in the mouth.

7) Repeat 1-6 at night

Stick to this routine (exactly) for a month. It works, and I wouldn't have written out such a detailed procedure if it didn't. You'll notice clearer air passages and the white coating on your tongue slowly disappearing.

Good luck!

222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

This sounds great. I am glad you are better. I agree with all the steps except I found that gargling actually made it worse for me. Im glad it worked for you though.
Bbc

Post by Bbc »

222, what did you gargle with? I have found diluted H2O2 to be brilliant. Please exactly follow what I have outlined for a few days and you may be pleasantly surprised. I would love to hear from you after a week or so. If you can, please also get your uric acid checked. Mine was high and I have started treatment.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

@Stankie, have you considered a deep cleaning before removing the infected tooth?
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
Bbc

Post by Bbc »

Stankie

Lets see if we can work together to solve your problem...

Firstly, do you follow Every step that I've outlined? If not, please start immediately and keep it going for a couple of weeks. Please also go through the entire routine every night. Incidentally, one more thing - rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal so that food particles aren't left behind to be attacked by bacteria.

If you have actually followed every step to the T, then the problem isn't with the mouth/teeth/nasal cavity/sinus. That leaves you with stomach, lungs, kidneys, eustacian tube for the ears, mouth (dry mouth).

Mouth - adequate saliva? a dry mouth leads to malodour. There has to be adequate water in the body to create adequate saliva.

Ears - linked to sinus and nasal passages. Will be sorted out once you use the neti pot for a while.

Stomach - GERD. Please read the links I had posted about a year ago. I had recommended Zinetac as a possible solution. You could try it - cant harm you if you take 150 mg morning and night for a month Also, does anything make you belch? Stop consuming it because it's obviously reacting badly. For me it's garlic.

Kidneys - do you drink adequate amounts of water? If not, do so. Do you suffer from kidney stones? If so, get them treated. Do you have high uric acid levels? Take the necessary treatment for this. And stop eating too much red meat.

Lungs - I know very little about this, but a test to confirm that all is well will strike this off the list.

I'm assumng that you've looked into tonsiloliths and gum disease.

I would recommend that you follow my steps 1-6 as a strict regimen for a couple of weeks. If things don't improve after that, look into the kidneys and lungs.

I will check back occasionally to see how you are faring.

Don't give up hope. I am ok after years and years of suffering and I'm committed to helping as many people as possible. It's the only reason I'm on this forum.

bbc
glamourgirl05
Junior

Post by glamourgirl05 »

Great for you bbc! May I ask what kind of bb did you have?
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Bbc

Post by Bbc »

Glamgirl, my bb was chronic - bad enough for me to give up a very lucrative job because it was just too embarrassing. I had a thick white coating on the tongue 24 hours and people moved away because of the smell, be it at work or the golf course. So I'm talking from plenty of relevant experience. When I scraped my tongue and smelt the stuff, it was like putting my nose in a pile of shit, that bad.

Stankie, regrettably your response came across as one loaded with sarcasm, so you're on my ignore list. I'm not selling a remedy, nor am I gaining from being on this forum. If by any remote chance you weren't being sarcastic, let me know and we can work to resolve your problem.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

deebo

Post by deebo »

Bbc , we welcome anecdotes and your personal experiences . It often good to do some reading,searching asking first on this forum before saying everyone should try your protocol .

as you can see people (Stankie for instance) can get really impatient when new members espouse some 'fix' and others should jump through some hoops for weeks or else . Just posting whats working for you is fine .

what you post about your sinuses slowly opening over tie with the neti use is interesting . I wonder if you had a blockage of some sort that the neti cleared , like fungal maybe . Many members may have a systemic issue and while having a perfectly cleared tongue can help clean away smells that cling to that area, the odor like you say comes from deeper ,,and can actually come from the blood itself .

welcome to the forum
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bbc

Post by Bbc »

It's ok stankie, I understand your frustration. I went through it all. Besides, you asked the question, remember? To clarify, I was stressing on the time taken over each brushing, as you will see from my post. If what I write upsets you, the simpler way to deal with it is to ignore it. I'm still willing to help though.

Deebo, thanks for your warm welcome to the forum. If you do some reading of your own, you may just learn that I'm not a new member. There were no hoops, jumps or 'or else'. and I don't espouse anything. It was a genuine attempt to help, based on what worked for me and what I think will help others. Please read the second para of my post.

Most importantly, this is a great forum where people are trying to help others. There really shouldn't be time for reactions of this nature. Focusing our efforts on finding the cure should be all that matters. Hopefully we've got that out of the way and can move forward.

Deebo, heres my deduction. I think the neti pot clears the passage through which the sinus drains, because my pnd has cleared up, as has the continuous blockage in my ears. And it also subsides the swelling in my turbinates that causes reduced airflow and
difficult breathing. My view is that this helps oxygen flow in the oral cavity (through the nose), and the oxygen fights odour causing bacteria, just as the H2O2 fights it separately when rinsing.

Yes, endemic issues may well be a cause, though unlikely. My reasoning for this Lind of thought is that there would be other side effects. Eg if there were something in the blood that caused it, it would likely show up in tests and probably manifest in other blood related problems, like high uric acid in my case.
deebo

Post by deebo »

bbc , sorry if i made it sound like you are telling members to do what you say . You are clearly just suggesting .

Any suggestions on diet that you have found ?
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

Bbc wrote:222, what did you gargle with? I have found diluted H2O2 to be brilliant. Please exactly follow what I have outlined for a few days and you may be pleasantly surprised. I would love to hear from you after a week or so. If you can, please also get your uric acid checked. Mine was high and I have started treatment.
I was gargling with that. I think it made it worse.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic