Your Email Address:

First Name:

Any improvement taking Lactoferrin?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
planet
Total Newbie

Any improvement taking Lactoferrin?

Post by planet »

I've just bought Lactoferrin capsules 250 mg. I started taking them two days ago (only one a day). I haven't seen anything new regarding BB. Has anybody here had any improvement/solution with the Lactoferrin intake?
I'll be pleased to hear the comments of those who have tried this product. Thanks

sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

Hi Planet, I've been using it for a week now, definitely no improvement bb wise, but there has been a noticeable reduction in the white coating on my tongue! So nope Lactoferrin does NOT reduce or eliminate bb, unfortunately!! Yet another false hope since what's the use of a clearer tongue when halitosis is still present, right?

Sorry to disappoint!! :(
joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

@Sadmum, just wondering...have you been mixing it with xylitol and saline as a nasal or oral rinse too or just digesting it?

Thanks.
Frantix

Post by Frantix »

Definetely had some improvements. Took it 2 times a day half an hour before meal combined with 3-5 tabs colostrum (also contains lactoferrin) over the day.
I stoped it because of the bacterial analysis i´m going to make. I am in a cunfusing situation at the moment. breath seems to be good for some time, and than it gets worse again.

I also brushed my teeth with it after brushing my teeth the ususal way. had some positiv effect for some days, but it seems losing strenght.

I don´t know if taking tabs of lactoferrin and get improvent shows, that breath must have some intestinal reason. i think m.aydin mentioned that, taking it internal can´t effect the mouth. i´m not sure bout that...
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

joeP wrote:@Sadmum, just wondering...have you been mixing it with xylitol and saline as a nasal or oral rinse too or just digesting it?

Thanks.
No, just swallowing it! Do you use it in nasal and oral rinses? Any positive and lasting results or does its effectiveness wear off like everything else we've all tried? I need to get xylitol since everyone is talking about it in this forum, is it something that I can find in the supermarket or only at special health food stores? Does it come in powder form?

Thanks
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

I've been taking it for a while now but not on a regular basis so can't really say whether or not it's done anything for my bb
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

this stuff doesn't work immediately so you have to try it out for awhile. may as well finish the bottle before deciding if it works at all or not.

as for xylitol, you can get it at natural food stores for sure. that is where i get mine. no idea if they have it at supermarkets but i doubt it. it looks and tastes like sugar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic