Your Email Address:

First Name:

something wrong with my tongue? Please help

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
tieuvodanh

something wrong with my tongue? Please help

Post by tieuvodanh »

Hi everyone,

I have had bad breath for years. But currently i find out that after I use my finger to rub my tongue and smell it , it smells very bad.
It may be common for people with BB,but here is the thing I want to investigate (when I experiment with my finger moving from the tip to the back along a line in the middle of my tongue) :
- The front part of the tongue, I feel it very smooth and not smell bad, but moving my finger down to the back, I feel increasingly rough and grainy (like there are some grains on the surface). And far further back (all the way) is a row of bumps (I searched the Internet and found that these bumps are normal for people). But the very bad smell is coming from the rough and grainy part of my tongue. May be food particles are trapped there.
- Now I am in fear and worry that my bad eating habit had caused some damages to my tongue. So could you please help me answer some questions?
- Do you feel the rough or grainy part using your finger ? Does it smell bad (esp in the morning)? And how you treated this smell from the tongue (I used the tongue cleaner but the effect only last 15 mins) ?

Thank you very much for your help.

danger
Master

Post by danger »

your tongue sounds identical to mine. the front part of my tongue has no odour, the back third where the bumps are have no odour. i have a small rough area which you describe right before the v shape(which everyone has i think. the v shape i mean, not the rough part)and small little crevices where odour generally builds up, it varies throughout the day i think.

it is one of two things.

1 - it is just the way our tongue is structured and there is nothing that can be done
2 - everyone has this small rough type of area of the tongue, but there is a problem elsewhere which makes it have odour whilst others dont
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

it maybe a patronising question but do you use a tongue scraper?

I've ordered an orabrush, I'm still waiting on it, but I'm anxious to see if it actually removes more gunk than my scraper. I started violently scraping my tongue with my scraper and to my surprise alot of white came off but still it persists. However I had a bag of crisps (potato chips to americans) and they tasted LOVELY, I got a sense of taste back but only temporarily. I'm hoping the orabrush has a good effect. Does anyone else have one?
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
tieuvodanh

Post by tieuvodanh »

thnks for your replies.
What do you mean 'patronising' ? Im just a non-native English learner, could you please explain this to me?. , Anyway, I used tongue scrapper but its effect only last 15 mins. I saw in some websites that scrapping the tongue too hard may damage the surface so I skip the scrapping until now.
I had septoplasty (nasal surgery) for my allergy and after that I have constant post nasal drip. Maybe it's the culprit. I had tried to mix the nasal drops with antibiotic (amox) and dropped it down my nose and then held it in my throat but it clear my BB only for couple days then there was bacterial resistance , then I changed to menitradazole and it worked but got resistance again so I gave up. (holding the mixture in my throat twice per day for 1 hr each is the most terrible and suffering experiment I had done)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic