Your Email Address:

First Name:

An Amazing Discovery - Sugarfree/Chewable VITAMIN C

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

Waitingforrelief,

You mention that you have the feeling of something "swollen and putty" back in the throat. I think it is the same symptoms I had before. I even could smell it bad when I tried to swolle it. It used to taste bad! Also, it smelled bad back in my throat. I hated that stuff. I could get rid of that by cut foods with high amount of protein. So, I do not drink regular milk anymore, just rice milk. Also, I cut meat, fish and other foods high in protein. It was amazing how the stuff in my throat went away. When I have some mucus, it does not taste or smell bad anymore. I am in this diet for two months now. But I have to tell you that after having not the bad stuff in my throat, the BB did not go away. However, I enjoy myself more for not having that stuff anymore. So, I do not want go back to foods that make my breath worst. I have the same problem as you in terms have the breath worsens during evenning.

I am taking vit C as well. I found some improvement. On monday and Tuesday I had school presentations and despite of the stresseful situation, my breath was not offending anyone. Let see later on the result. I am taking just 3000mg per day because it gives some diarrhea. I am praying that vit c works for us.

waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

i know that my breath has improved greatly, but i don't think that it's eliminated. so maybe only vit c is not the answer. (however, if i continue to have this amount of relief, life'd still be A LOT easier.)

at the advice of girlie girl, i started taking some baking soda in water this morning - i was getting some persistent heartburn. and so far i haven't had any heartburn today.

btw, i've mentioned on another thread before that i was having a lot of trouble talking about the bb problem. and that i never even told my therapist - i just did a few days ago, and she was wonderful about it. anyway, she, of course, advised me to seek medical help, and mentioned the possibility of antibiotics along with the vit c. see, i'd be really skeptical about taking antibiotics normally, but i'm wondering if whatever germs that the vit c is not able to boost my immune system up enough to kill, maybe the antibiotics will. so after the antibiotics kill the germs, maybe the vit c will help our immune system to be strong enough to not allow them to come back.

many members have experienced taking antibiotics and have temporary relief. but maybe what we need is the extra boost in the immune system for the relief to stay permanent. maybe vit c + antibiotics = no more bb?

does it make any sense?
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

waitingforrelief wrote:does it make any sense?
What only makes sense is to take an antibiotic if you are SURE that this is the solution. That is, you know that the population of certain bacteria has gone out of control and you need antibiotics to restore it. DONT take any antibiotics just for testing (unless its a common one), there isn't such thing as trial and error with those. And of course always consult a doc about those, ALWAYS. Don't forget to ask the doc for something to support your natural bacterial flora while you're on the antibiotic.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I had amoxicillian/potassium antibiotics prescribed to me awhile back for "lump in the throat" sensation. I think they actually work. The next 2 days after you take one pill, you have a slightly clearer throat, and no bad taste. The dosage is 3 per day, but I'm not taking all that. I only take one pill a week. When they run out, I'm not getting anymore.

edit: of course, they do not repeat do not affect my breath...
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Hey dudes,

well, I am experiencing amazing results. I had lunch with a friend in west hollywood, and she and I were sitting very close to eachother because it's an outdoor cafe on melrose, anyway, she never flinched for a second! I ate a tuna sandwich and a iced mocha and still had no reaction from her. my taste has improved greatly, I thought the food never tasted better! the key is to let the tab remain on the tomgue instead of rolling it around your mouth like a candy. I used to do this, and now the results are awesome! god bless you guys!
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

Jimi,
I DO NOT EVER recommend pulling out one's teeth!!!! Unless you reallly know that is what is making you sick. I did not take pulling out those root canals lightly!!! It was a very very hard decision and fortunately for me it was the right one. I'm not saying they aren't making you sick b/c they very well could be.

You should find a holistic dentist if you can.

Bye,
Susie
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

noptical wrote:
What only makes sense is to take an antibiotic if you are SURE that this is the solution. That is, you know that the population of certain bacteria has gone out of control and you need antibiotics to restore it. DONT take any antibiotics just for testing (unless its a common one), there isn't such thing as trial and error with those. And of course always consult a doc about those, ALWAYS. Don't forget to ask the doc for something to support your natural bacterial flora while you're on the antibiotic.
oh i would never self-medicate with antibiotics without talking to a doc, sheriff.

that was just a hypothesis that i was pondering and i am not SURE that it is the solution. i'll run it by the doc when i go to see one.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

for all of you who have stomach trouble taking vit c, let me tell you, taking baking soda def helps. i stopped getting heartburns today after taking only 1/2 tbspn this morning. thanks girlie girl for the advice.

i believe that MAYBE the effect of vit c is accumulative for me - is that so for all of you who are seeing positive results? seems like the metallic taste and odor has decreased some today.

i even ate some red onions tonight. normally as soon as i touch a teeny tiny piece of that stuff my mouth would smell HORRENDOUS. my breath was a little bad after i ate that tonight, but NOTHING like what it used to be.

i have been EXTREMELY tired ever since i started this vit c regimen tho'. i've also been getting headaches. that's making me a little worried. at times i'd be so fatigued that i'd even feel like i'm coming down with something. i don't know if it means that my immune system is overworked because they are actually fighting the bacteria or if it's something that's alarming. or if i'm just having two tough weeks, which i am.

so i guess i'll just keep watching.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

waitingforrelief wrote:for all of you who have stomach trouble taking vit c, let me tell you, taking baking soda def helps. i stopped getting heartburns today after taking only 1/2 tbspn this morning. thanks girlie girl for the advice.

i believe that MAYBE the effect of vit c is accumulative for me - is that so for all of you who are seeing positive results? seems like the metallic taste and odor has decreased some today.

i even ate some red onions tonight. normally as soon as i touch a teeny tiny piece of that stuff my mouth would smell HORRENDOUS. my breath was a little bad after i ate that tonight, but NOTHING like what it used to be.

i have been EXTREMELY tired ever since i started this vit c regimen tho'. i've also been getting headaches. that's making me a little worried. at times i'd be so fatigued that i'd even feel like i'm coming down with something. i don't know if it means that my immune system is overworked because they are actually fighting the bacteria or if it's something that's alarming. or if i'm just having two tough weeks, which i am.

so i guess i'll just keep watching.
I've eaten now about 40 000mg in 4-5 days or so and I find myself being tired but somehow more energetic. I feel sleepy but not tired and just before I slept 9 hours, stayed up for 2 hours and slept 10 hours more. I had been up for over 20 hours though, but it's still a little too much. My breath's again a little better, though I definitely need to brush every day or else.. and I still get as much mucus as ever so that hasn't changed. I'll keep monitoring my situation :-k
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

waitingforrelief wrote:
noptical wrote:
oh i would never self-medicate with antibiotics without talking to a doc, sheriff.
I actually meant, don't take antibiotics AT ALL even if the doc tells you so, unless its after extensive medical tests that prove that you INDEED have a certain problem that the specific antibiotic can help you cure ;)
Docs prescribe antibiotics easily these days, you dont want to be the victim of their stupidity do you? ;)
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

noptical wrote:
waitingforrelief wrote:
noptical wrote: What only makes sense is to take an antibiotic if you are SURE that this is the solution. That is, you know that the population of certain bacteria has gone out of control and you need antibiotics to restore it. DONT take any antibiotics just for testing (unless its a common one), there isn't such thing as trial and error with those. And of course always consult a doc about those, ALWAYS. Don't forget to ask the doc for something to support your natural bacterial flora while you're on the antibiotic.
I actually meant, don't take antibiotics AT ALL even if the doc tells you so, unless its after extensive medical tests that prove that you INDEED have a certain problem that the specific antibiotic can help you cure ;)
Docs prescribe antibiotics easily these days, you dont want to be the victim of their stupidity do you? ;)
good point there. will keep that in mind. :)
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

succ wrote:
I've eaten now about 40 000mg in 4-5 days or so and I find myself being tired but somehow more energetic. I feel sleepy but not tired and just before I slept 9 hours, stayed up for 2 hours and slept 10 hours more. I had been up for over 20 hours though, but it's still a little too much. My breath's again a little better, though I definitely need to brush every day or else.. and I still get as much mucus as ever so that hasn't changed. I'll keep monitoring my situation :-k
succ, actually that's exactly how i feel - more energetic but somehow more tired! it's the weirdest thing. i haven't been sleeping much tho'. my own fault really because even when i'm tired, i stay up at night.

like i was soooo tired i felt like i was going to pass out last night before i had to work. sooooo run down, almost like i was coming down with something. and yet, it's not the same kind of tiredness where i usually experience. weird.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

day 7 on vit c.

breath A LOT better. i woke up today with my mouth tasting great. :) immediately brushed with some toothpaste which i have been able to use again in the last few days without making my mouth taste/smell worse, and i actually felt refreshed instead of gross.

when i spat, that weird smell that's always there was minimal this morning. it seems to have been getting less and less each day. i actually brush my teeth a lot more now. it had gotten to the point that it was such a futile ordeal that esp. when i didn't have to see ppl a lot, i'd avoid brushing. now i enjoy actually refreshing myself and i like tasting the toothpaste (natural). also when i drink coffee, there's not the rotten egg smell and taste immediately rising from my throat. sometimes it still comes up a little bit, then i suck on the vit c, and that usually takes care of it. anyway, my morning routine actually resembles a normal person's - toothpaste, a quick brush, coffee with no worry, voila.

my sinuses feel a little less dry. partly it's probably because i've been drinking more, but i don't think that's all of it. i have more mucus - it used to be either green gunk or nothing. my eyes are less dry, and i even think that it's making my muscles feel better (less aches and pains more flexible) - altho' i don't know if that's just in my head.

this really confirms my belief always that it wasn't my diet per se, but how particular foods interact with the germs in my mouth to create different smells. i still get nervous around people being vigilant about their reaction, and certainly haven't had my bb tester around to confirm that my condition has improved greatly. but i KNOW it has. the difference is night and day.

the only thing is, it still gets worse late afternoon/evening. but since i have been getting better gradually, let's see if that'll go away eventually as well.

i'm so happy - feel so much more normal now. :)
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

btw, john, THANK YOU for sharing the idea!!!!! =D> \:D/ :-({|= :lol:
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Welll I still have good experience. The lump in my throat is gone and my mouth feel fresh. Hopefully this will not got worse.

I haven't tested bad breath in public but I am pretty confident that the bad breath has decreased.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic