Your Email Address:

First Name:

Old times

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Oh wow, too bad I couldn't get a CT of skull as well!!

@Stankie, did you get your CT results back yet?

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Stankie wrote:So, did you see a doctor or a "consultant"?

I'm not sure how it works over there.

I saw a doctor. I assume they all work under the same consultant. On my letter it said I am booked to see the consultant or a member of the team.

I am a staff member at the hospital I am going to. Last time the nurse asked If I wanted to see the consultant or the doctor, of course I opted for the consultant. This time I didn't get asked. But I'm glad she sought the opinion of the consultant or else I would be sat here raging punching my monitor whilst inhaling useless nasal sprays.

It was very reassuring to know the main consultant hasn't forgotten about me. I am also thankful here it's free health care, I feel bad for you Americans having to pay scandalous amounts to see doctors and consultants.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

. . . .
Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Stankie wrote:What exactly is a "consultant"?

Someone who tells the doctor what to do?
I like it better over here, where my health care isn't put through some bureaucratic government formula before I'm able to talk to a doctor . . . . .

BTS, I haven't been back to the ENT doctor yet, but I am scheduled for a "pressure testing" of my ear tubes with an audiologist next week, then I see the Dr immediately after, so I'll get everything at once. I'm not too hopeful for anything groundbreaking . . .
A consultant is basically the big wig. The main man who knows all (hopefully). They basically can pull the strings if need be.

it's funny they recently found king richard the 3rd's remains, verified it was him and rebuilt his face using his skull but halitosis is still a mystery to many. crazy seeing he was buried 500 years ago.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

DAM it's going to be 7 WEEKS before I get any results.

I'm due to see the ENT doc again on 2nd april after I've had my endoscopy and ct scan. Quite depressing as I want to wrap this demon up asap. NHS waiting times for you, I work in the NHS and pay my taxes I wish this could be sped up.

I'm not getting reactions any more but I'm still getting a heavy shit smell exiting my mouth at times. Maybe I have stomach issues mixed with sinus?? I thought it was strange for them to arrange an endoscopy, maybe they're onto something. Every now and then my friends will ask if i can smell shit. I think this odor just randomly exits me then is gone for the rest of the day.

7 WEEKS of more paranoia and torture. at least thing's are being done that's a positive.

I was reading up on non ulcer dyspepsia and it's connections to h pylori.

This fella has similiar to me.

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/halit ... 536GDHCP58

4. Now, you may notice that even if you are around the same people day after day, you may not get horrified reaction from them every time you open your month. This suggests that sphincter which, when open, allows escape of bad breath from GI tract is not always open. My hypothesis is that something in our diet contributes to the opening or closing of sphincter.

This point exactly I can relate to.

If I nose breathe I get BAD reactions. Since my tonsillectomy mouth breathing doesn't seem to garner any reactions. Except on the odd occassion where it seems this shitty gas just exits me.

I don't know I guess I'll see in 7 WEEKS TIME.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
deebo

Post by deebo »

@Fedup . DId you mention to the Docs that this is all for BB specifically , or something else ? If so it sounds like you are on the right track just having the Doc admit the she smells your odor .
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

deebo wrote:@Fedup . DId you mention to the Docs that this is all for BB specifically , or something else ? If so it sounds like you are on the right track just having the Doc admit the she smells your odor .

She didn't say she smelt an odor or reacted in anyway. I was just telling her about this poo nasal odor i've been having along with the BB that comes with post nasal drip. I was just telling her how miserable, shy and reclusive i've been since I discovered I had halitosis.

I was surprised I was being booked in for an endoscopy as I only thought I was going to get a CT scan. It's just stressful waiting this length of time.

But hopefully this will be the last 2 months of my ordeal.

When Ii can smell my nasal odor it tends to shoot down my right nostril, it doesn't even smell like fart, just straight shit. It's as if someone just managed to take a dump in my sinuses. I don't think my breath is too bad since tonsillectomy. I tend to get reactions if i nose breathe primarily.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Got in work today, colleague has a pack of gum on his desk. Offers me a bag of crisps then says have some gum for fresh breath after - ok fair enough they're smelly crisps.

I said i'm not hungry i'll have the crisps later, he offers gum the 2nd time i'm like no.

So we're talking again, he's like "you want some gum?". ***k me want to make it any more obvious???

halitosis is the only thing in life holding me back right now, this is ****ing RIDICULOUS I want to smash every nose in then they can't smell nothing again!!!
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Wow, I'm really suprised how some medical system works over there. In my country I'm able to see my doctor the same day I want to (ENT) and for things like CT, endoscpy, gastroscopy waiting list can be from 5 days to 20 days it depends. But it's not that long. Sweet irony and still here I am.
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

how have your parents helped fedup
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

if things are considered "urgent" like idiots getting drunk starting fights and being punched then you get scanned straight away. But having chronic halitosis isn't urgent. It's not like everyday we don't suffer from fear and embarrassment, not like it's socially crippling, not like it's a very depressing thing to have.

@Daniel Pine

my parents are non the wiser, ironically I breathe freely through my nose and mouth without a care in my room, my mother never complains of a smell.

Never cracks a window, never sprays air freshener.

I don't talk to anyone about my condition but doctors.

I can never smell anything when I'm at home hardly. Sometimes I catch a whiff of my nasal shit stench but other than that no. this sucks
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

FedUp wrote:Got in work today, colleague has a pack of gum on his desk. Offers me a bag of crisps then says have some gum for fresh breath after - ok fair enough they're smelly crisps.

I said i'm not hungry i'll have the crisps later, he offers gum the 2nd time i'm like no.

So we're talking again, he's like "you want some gum?". ***k me want to make it any more obvious???

halitosis is the only thing in life holding me back right now, this is ****ing RIDICULOUS I want to smash every nose in then they can't smell nothing again!!!
I kinda feel like punching noses in too some days.
Amy1
Total Newbie

Post by Amy1 »

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I hope you don't mind if I vent a little. It's just that because of my foul breath, I am having a very hard time at work. I don't know what my breath smells like but it must be horrible. My co-workers are constantly spraying air freshner and perfumes. It is difficult as I have to talk on the phone all day to clients.Whenever I get on the phone with a client, the spraying starts. I feel so devastated every time one of them starts to spray their air freshners. I'm so tired of having to endure this humiliation every day. Thanks for letting me vent as I do not have anyone I am comfortable talking to about this.
deebo

Post by deebo »

fedup , when my co-worker offered me gum i took 3 and put them all in my mouth . When he saw it didn't do shit for my breath he stopped offering ,and no one has openly said a thing to me in a year about odor since. if your co-worker thinks it will help , maybe humor him .

I'm always curious what we expect or want peoples reactions to be , realistically
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Still annoying along with bringing in deoderant forcing it on me. In all my time of being smelly breathed I've NEVER been offered deoderant like that. I've been rinsing my sinuses for the past week, not been offered gum or deoderant since. 5 1/2 weeks until hopefully diagnosis and treatment. FRUSTRATING to say the least.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic