Your Email Address:

First Name:

I´m going to all the doctors I find, It´s Now or Never

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
emotional rescue
Sheriff

I´m going to all the doctors I find, It´s Now or Never

Post by emotional rescue »

Hi to all,

Since I don´t tolerate this anymore. I´m really, REALLY tired of waiting for something magicall to happen and get me rid of this nightmare.

And I´m tired of been ashamed about this.

So I decided to go to the bottom of this, and I will not take a NO or an I don´t know for an answer of any doctor.

So I went to my GP and told him the whole story: that I´ve been suffering from this condition for 15 years, that no one take me seriously, etc, etc.

I feel so ashamed everytime I go to a doctor about this...

But I´m done with that. I prefer to be ashamed 20 minutes that to stay living this way.

I Know that has to be some kind of solution for this condition somewhere!

So he understood me and was open about it.
We did the usual stuff: blood test, x rays.

I told him that the other problem I have is that I have between 2 and 4 pharyngitis (I think it´s called this way in english) per year, wich is a lot.

My blood test was normal, only a little bit of high colesterol. The x ray from sinuses it´s normal too.

So he send me to a gastroenterologist and to an Ent, and then I will come back to him.

The Ent was receptive too, but the kind of doctor that doesn´t explain you things very much. Anyway, receptive. He told me that people come to see him about bb more than I would imagine, and ordered some tests to see how it goes.
I did it, including a computer tomography (Is it called this way in english?)
So I had desviated semptum to the right, but that´s not big deal, he told me.
I have no chronic sinusitis, so he told we can rule that out.
He found trace of a bacteria in my throat related to pharyngitis (even when I´m not with a pharyngitis right now) That´s weird I think. And he gave me a course of antibiotics for that.
He did me another test in wich he puts you a camera through your nose and reach the throat.
He found that I had acid reflux. It´s the first time someone told me this. I´ve never put attention to it since I didn´t felt strong simptomos.
Anyway he gave me a 28 days course of nexium, and told me to came back before it´s done.
He said that could be a factor with bb, and we have to go one step at a time.

So I went to the gastroenterologist yesterday.

She was a female. Some years ago would be impossible for me to talk about this to a woman.
But now I almost find it more convenient, since women seems to be more sensible and open about this kind of things. You know, no woman likes to be fat, have ugly clothes or have any kind of malodour. So I think that if you come with a thing like this, they get it. They get that you are really suffering about it.
So she ask me a lot of questions, and I answered it.
She saw all my previous tests. She sayd that she don´t think acid reflux could have too much to do with bb, but anyway I have to treat it. And she change my prescription from nexium to another one not so strong to start with. But it´s not the prescription only. I have to change the diet, and upper the head of the bed a few inches, so I don´t get acid reflux when I sleep, etc, etc.
I ask about H pilory.
She told me that 80% of bb cases are mouth related.
So she ask me to go to see a stomatologist. They are experts in mouth diseases. It´s different from a dentist. And if he doesn´t find something. I will get test about H pilory and keep searching.

I´m going to the stomatologist on monday, and see how it goes there.
The only weird thing that I found in my mouth is that when I floos It doesn´t smell right in one fake crown that I have.
Other than that, I´ve always have and excelent mouth health according to my dentist.

Any advices or opinions are welcome, i´m plannig to do as much as I can about this shit.

Sorry for the grammar.

Take care,

ER

FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I'm real happy for you. I really hope they find your cause. We don't deserve this ailment.

Btw I'd get that crown checked out just to be certain, leave no stone unturned.
Good luck to you!
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Stankie wrote:Do you remeber what the bacteria in your throat was?
Was it actinomyces?

EDIT: I see now it may be strep throat. Sometimes staph infections can give false positives for strep. I think I am a carrier for staph, because I had surgery recently and my uvula became very dark after. Almost black/purple and all the doctors were mystified. They kept saying it was a bruise from the breathing tube. IMO they were just 'lessening' the situation and avoiding the realty of it. Bruises usually don't erupt with nasty puss filled zits. . . . . But it cleared up after about 3 weeks.
I don´t know how that is said in english, but I will try to translate:

¨Develpment of Streptococcus, beta haemolytic no group A (SXA)¨

Don´t know really exactly what it means, but is a bacteria in the throat.
noway
Junior

Post by noway »

Don't worry, we are all the same, and breaking the silence barrier and never waiting the hopes is a perfect step..

now, some facts you need to know, reflux causing BB but the smell almost dosn't come from bottom it is the hurting effect of the acidic steam on the sensitive lining tissues of your throat or oral cavity or sinus, So, if reflux is the guilty, proton pump inhibitors will 100% relief you because they prevent the secretion of gastric HCL at all, so, give it a period or regular use, i hope this is your problem because it is one of the simplest conditions.
Good Luck, bro.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Yeah, I´m taking Omeprazole 40mg, One in the morning with empty stomach.

So far nothing has changed, but it´s only day 2.

I´ll keep updating.

Thanks
Carri

Post by Carri »

Hello,

I took Omeprazole too! Any update? Thank you I've never heard of stomachologists
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Hi Carri,

I stopped it for about 5 days, since I was in hollydays and It wasn't easy to take it properly.

Before that I wasn't feeling any improvement really, but today I'll started again, I will keep updating.
Carri

Post by Carri »

the last day of my 7 days treatment I felt very weak and nauseous. I don't feel cured now
merijn
Total Newbie

Post by merijn »

hi,
you're GI aid that 80 procent of bb comes from the mouth. Mine is quite related to the white coating that always returns I think. I think diseases like h pylori or other make it so you have the white coating. You could say the real reason of bb isn't in your mouth then.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic