Your Email Address:

First Name:

An Amazing Discovery - Sugarfree/Chewable VITAMIN C

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

CyberchndriacNot wrote:
sorry to say that after taking antibiotic and tree resin / mastic my BB wasn't eliminated - it is more maneagable than it was before though. I suspect that the resin might have some vit C in it as I've noticed that chewing on the resin provides more relief than drinking the essence. It seems that the action of the stuff in your mouth eliminates the bad bacteria whilst chewing it. I haven't got to a shop to buy some vit C yet, but found a calcium & vit C tablet the other day and chewed on it before going to school. I was BB free until the afternoon after which i had to top up with some resin. There's something to this...
hey cyber, do you mean the mastic is working less effective for you now? or just that you have to keep taking it to keep the bb at bay COMPLETELY albeit temporarily?

as long as i have a solution to be bb free for at least a few hours (not just a reduction of odor) without like giving me an ulcer or whatever, i'd be happy for now.

waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Jimi wrote:Look one more suggestions

I used to have a lot of heartburn, and burping all the time and stuff. But I removed all my artifical toothpaste with fluoride. I am using only a mixture of 4 parts baking soda and 1 part salt and also a little bit of peroxide so the mixture becomes like a gel.

Baking soda is grat for heartburn. But just use for brushing the teeth and tongue.

Then I bought a water pick device that sprays water between the teeth - use instead of flossing and you can add a baking soda and clean your teeth.

And I suggest go wild with Vitamin C. I would be careful with high doses of Zink, it is still ametal so I am not sure if it is harmless.

Take as many Vit C so you get a diarrhea, then you should stop.
I do not have a heartburn afetr I started brushing with baking soda.

YOu can use water pik Braun device also for sinuses and add salt and baking soda. YOu have to add 1 spoon of salt (SALT HAS TO BE NATUIRA- check the health shops - no artificial ingredients) on 2 cups of water or your sinuses will burn

try this

or take calciumascorbat powder. I think that t is not so important to disolve it on the tongue, you can eat it also, because it works from the body - I think it affects the liver
brushing with baking soda helps heartburn? wow that i've never heard of. i'm afraid to use peroxide tho', as it had made my breath a lot worse at some point. do you think it'd help if i just put some b soda directly on my toothbrush?

i started to take pills instead this morning. i don't think it works quite the same as the chewables. but it doesn't affect my stomach as much. and i read somewhere that if you have stomach problems with vit c, try taking it 30 mins before meals. so i'll try that today.
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

Post by CyberchndriacNot »

Not trying to be negative; just trying to explore all possibilities...and I believe that we might get some mileage out of this finding, but we need to be objective IMHO.

I'm also a great believer in natural remedies but we must keep in mind that some natural substances can be just as toxic as synthetic ones if taken in large quantities.

On the Vit C point, I'm still wondering why it's OK to take large doses? It still has to be filtered out of the kidney, even if we don't absorb it don't you think? Aren't our kidneys having to work overtime?

i don't know, just asking questions, coz I don't know the answers...
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

CyberchndriacNot wrote:I'm concerned about the levels that have to be taken for this to work. anything taken in excess is going to be toxic for the kidneys.

having read a bit about vit C toxicity levels it seems that we shouldn't be taking more than 2000mg per day. I've also spoken to a nurse and a sport's nutritionist who both say the same thing.

A study conducted in the Uk in 1998 confirmed that cell damage can be done if you take more than 500mg daily for a period of 6 weeks. This study was refuted by Professor Balz frei of the US who said the study contradicted other research findings where it was found that cancer cells could be dramtically reduced via Vit C consumption.

I never thought that I could have Vit C deficiency because I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables. Perhaps, unknown to me, I have not been able to absorb the benefits.

I found an interesting statement in Herbal remedies by DrArien van der Merwe where she states that low levels of Vit C leads to frequent infections (doesn't apply to me), chronic fatigue, candida, leaky gut (maybe, but don't have heartburn), poor vascular integrity (I got a DVT clot last summer after travelling), accelerated aging of skin (my skin's still looking firm LOl!), blood-clotting tendency (as in my case), high LDL cholesterol and blood fats (not me).

Going by others'postings, some of these conditions look familar... maybe an increaed intake of Vit C is the answer... but I still worry about the doses needed,,,
re low levels of vit c leading to frequent infections - cyber, i'm wondering if what we all have is some kind of unknown/unexplored infection of the mouth or something?! i've had that question in my mind for a while now...
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

CyberchndriacNot wrote:Not trying to be negative; just trying to explore all possibilities...and I believe that we might get some mileage out of this finding, but we need to be objective IMHO.

I'm also a great believer in natural remedies but we must keep in mind that some natural substances can be just as toxic as synthetic ones if taken in large quantities.

On the Vit C point, I'm still wondering why it's OK to take large doses? It still has to be filtered out of the kidney, even if we don't absorb it don't you think? Aren't our kidneys having to work overtime?

i don't know, just asking questions, coz I don't know the answers...
i, too, am worried about overdosing and overtaxing my system in processing it. even tho' if i didn't have these damn heartburns, i'd still be taking megadoses to help the bb out. however, i'm thinking if it is helping our mouth condition, maybe that's where all the vit c goes, thus it's actually used instead of having to have our system to further process it?

i have no idea how much sense scientifically it makes. all the nurses, docs, med students out there (larc?), care to tell us what you think based on what you know of how nutrients are processed?
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

Post by CyberchndriacNot »

waitingforrelief wrote:
hey cyber, do you mean the mastic is working less effective for you now? or just that you have to keep taking it to keep the bb at bay COMPLETELY albeit temporarily?
What i mean is that I can rely on it, but I must say I think it's working for fewer hours. At the beginning I was getting relief for a whole day, but I will chew the resin after eating a meal. I guess we all know the bad breath is coming back feeling and I do everything to be in tune with my body (i.e. be obsessed and self-absorbed!!!) and pre-empt it so as not to allow the bacteria to multiply.It hasn't cured it, but it allows me to manage it.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

hungrygirl wrote:Right....

I was going to post this after i've concluded my experiments, but now is really a good time.

I use massive amounts of vit C for hangover and for colds.

One morning after partying, i had about 5-6000 mg vitC with about 2 liters of water, i cleaned my tongue as usual and went to work.
Later about noon, i was told that i didnt have any smell, also, that my tongue looked pretty good. In the afternoon, when i checked my tongue again, it indeed was pretty good still, nice and pink.

A few weeks later i had a bad cold, and i was taking vitC 1000 mg every hour. I was told again that i had no bb and i could see my tongue stayed nice and pink all day long.

This vitC was from Tesco, the cheapest one, effervescent with 15 mg of zinc citrate.

So i said i must check this out and bought zink citrate only, and been taking it all day for days. Just today i decided that its not doing the job, cos my tongue is white and im fairly sure i dont smell good. So, next experiment is with the vitC.

And then i've seen your topic! So its great!

But as i said, mine was not chewable, it was effervescent, it doesnt have sugar but has sweeteners and many other junk ingredient.

On monday i will buy the best, purest and most absorbable? vitC and will see if it works the same.

hungrygirl, just wondering about your vit c experiement. you mentioned that you did the effervescent vit c drink and it worked? are you still drinking it?

over here in the US we have this thing called EmergenC. would you mind taking a look at it and see if it's the same thing that works for you?

http://www.mothernature.com/shop/detail ... 83/S/99616

i have to say tho', that the tongue color thing may not be a reliable indication of bb. my tongue actually has become whiter after taking vit c, while the breath has gotten better.

just wondering how your experiement is going. let us know?

good luck.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

this guy is supposed to be the authority on the whole vit c "movement" and tihs is a book he wrote if anyone is interested-

http://www.amazon.com/How-Live-Longer-F ... 895&sr=8-1

he suggests that one should also take other kinds of vitamin besides c, i guess to 'balance things out" or something. i haven't read the book - that's just the idea that i've gotten from reading other stuff online about his theory.

so i started taking some multi-vitamin today.

i usd to take this pharmaceutical grade stuff that would make me feel much better anyway. but then i decided to go off the vit track because i believe that we should be able to get all our nutrients from food. but i started taking those again today. and i feel so much more energetic.
hungrygirl
Advanced

Post by hungrygirl »

Here is another opinion about vitC from a nutritionist.

http://patrickholford.com/content.asp?id_Content=1305

I bought 3 types of vitC, a timed release, a highly absorbable with bioflavonoids, and a normal capsule, 1000mg each (none of them is chewable). I've been taking them randomly, 5-10 a day since monday. Two days later there was a definite change on my tongue. If some one was looking at it as i talk, they would say its normal and pink, but the back of my tongue is still white. I still dont have lots of saliva, and i think i dont have bad taste, but cant confirm my breath with anybody.
hungrygirl
Advanced

Post by hungrygirl »

over here in the US we have this thing called EmergenC. would you mind taking a look at it and see if it's the same thing that works for you?
No, yours has too many ingredients in it, mine was only vitC and zink. I'm not taking the zink now.
i have to say tho', that the tongue color thing may not be a reliable indication of bb. my tongue actually has become whiter after taking vit c, while the breath has gotten better.
Yep, you are correct, the method might not be trustable, but thats all i got. I will not form an opinion on my bb anymore unless someone confirms it.

How do you know your breath is better?
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

hungrygirl wrote:
No, yours has too many ingredients in it, mine was only vitC and zink. I'm not taking the zink now.
Yep, you are correct, the method might not be trustable, but thats all i got. I will not form an opinion on my bb anymore unless someone confirms it.

How do you know your breath is better?
well i know i can up to a certain extent smell my own odor. not to say that it is fool-proof because i know one's own judgment of breath is def not always reliable. but i've lived with it long enough to know that my own sense of smell is somewhat reliable - again, to a certain extent.

when it's bad, it really stinks up the air in front of me. i couldn't help but to smell it. but when it's mild, that's when sometimes i think i might mix up the taste, the smell inside my nose and what i perceive to be the smell of my breath. not to mention when i get a certain odor, i always get a certain bad taste as well. and that odor and taste has been greatly reduced. in terms of reaction, i haven't been in close contact with others too much since beginning the c, but the times that i have, it seems like i have gotten a little less reaction.

i'll have my bb tester around next week. so i'll have a more definite answer.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

I haven't gotten as nice results as you've all gotten. I think it might be in the severity of one's breath, for a person with worse breath this'll work better. Anyway, I still plan to continue eating these at least for a while and see what happens if I quit. I do have gotten some results though, my saliva's flowing better and generally I feel also better.

When you say you brush your teeth, how exactly do you do it? Do you brush your mouth from every place like I do? I press the toothbrush as deep in my throat(nearly the whole brush that is) as I can and try to get rid of the mucus laying deep down there. I also brush the place where my tonsils were and every hole-like area I can see. The underneath of my tongue and behind the teeth is a good place also.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Hey waiting for relief,

I'm sorry if I came across as negative against your concerns. It's just that we have had so much dissapiontment with this thing, that I just want more hope!
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

snoopsister wrote:Hey waiting for relief,

I'm sorry if I came across as negative against your concerns. It's just that we have had so much dissapiontment with this thing, that I just want more hope!
no worries, snoopsister. i understand about not wanting disappointment... i'm just glad that you are having some relief!
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

i went back to 5000 mg today but breath is getting worse. :(

so now the vit c seems to be losing its effectiveness, and i have heartburn additionally.

i could feel the bb coming back today - you know that feeling, plus bad taste in the mouth. and i could smell some fecal odor at some point. and the metallic, morning breath was there even tho' it wasn't at its strongest. tonight i was at a gathering and a few times i laughed/talked and smelled urea on my breath. (altho' i could only smell it when i talked, not when i tried to smell my exhalation.)

i don't undersatnd why nothing works for my odor. and when anything seems to help, nothing lasts longer than a week or two anymore. the vit c seemed so much more promising than everything else. i really really hope that this was just a temporary lapse and that tomorrow it will work again. altho' i kind of doubt it. there's something that hasn't felt completely right in taking the c. i've been soooo run down somehow like my body has been having a hard time processing it even when it was helping my breath.

i'm so frustrated. i hate these bugs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic