Your Email Address:

First Name:

Fasting For Fresh Breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Levantin3
Total Newbie

Fasting For Fresh Breath

Post by Levantin3 »

Hey guys,

So I've been thinking of starting fasting for quite a while now. I've had bad breath for more than 4 years (I'm 22), I've tried some medication (antibiotics and other), but still with no result... My stomach is the main source of my bad breath (I had my tonsils and all of my wisdom teeth removed) and that's why I think fasting might be able to help me.

The plan is: I'll try to be on a diet of mainly water, tea, and small amounts of fruit for at least a month. I don't expect it to be easy so starting a new thread is a way of keeping myself focused and motivated.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. Well, I guess if it doesn't help me cure my bad breath, at least I'm gonna get in shape. :lol:

Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levantin3
Total Newbie

Post by Levantin3 »

Thanks. :)

Yeap, bad breath is inevitable while fasting. But it's because of your body trying to get rid of all the toxic waste that has been accumulated. In theory, if you fast long enough, your breath will get extremelly fresh. One can always hope!
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levantin3
Total Newbie

Post by Levantin3 »

Actually the first 4-5 days are most challenging, well at least in my experience. After that it gets considerably easier - you get used to it and you can even lose your appetite. All of that tempting junk food just loses its appeal.
crazy4it
Advanced
Post by crazy4it »

good luck and post updatess
Levantin3
Total Newbie

Post by Levantin3 »

Had to start all over again, which is annoying... but it happens. Fasting for fresh breath take 2!
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

As of today, I'm officially done with fasting! I've tried on and off with fasting but it just makes me smell much worse. I started to get what seemed to be relief from upping my dose of rifaximin but after not eating for two straight days a familiar hard to describe scent is returning. I distinctively remember my bb getting room filling after a stint on fasting. so for some reason this doesn't work for me. I don't know if this means my bb is related to a kidney problem or what because I know fasting is hardest on kidneys especially since I don't drink as much water on fasting days.
Levantin3
Total Newbie

Post by Levantin3 »

Dude, that's the point - you body is balancing itself, it is getting rid of all the toxins in your body. If you are a skinny guy, you can see results in let's say 3 weeks; or two sessions of two weeks. If you are a big guy like me you'll need 3x3 weeks or something like that. All people that have successfully finished fasting report extremely pink tongue and baby-like fresh breath. Actually, when your tongue gets super pink - beyond that point it is dangerous to fast; any duration more than 1-2 weeks is also dangerous and has to be done with medical advise or extreme caution.

I think CureZone has some good info in English - if someone is interested in the subject. ;)
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

What do you think about alternate day fasting? Because I refuse to go back to fasting I can't stand to be around my own self with the fumes rising out of me. If you come back to this site and say 3x3 fasting has cured your bb, I will definitely reconsider.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

When you guys are fasting your body is going through katosis which means that your body is running on fats stored in your body. Many bodybuilders go through this as they are training for competition and starving /fasting themselves.

When your body goes through ketosis it results in bad breath even for normal people.

How do I know this ? I m part of body building forum because I lift weights 9casionally and many members there report bad breath when on a cut which is pretty much fasting. Keep in mind these members dont usually have bb.
Hussay
Total Newbie

Post by Hussay »

Bad breath is inevitable while fasting. however it's because of your body making an attempt to get eliminate all the waste that has been accumulated. In theory, if you quick long enough, your breath can get extraordinarily fresh.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic