Your Email Address:

First Name:

bad taste sometimes

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
danger
Master

bad taste sometimes

Post by danger »

I sometimes get a bad taste out of nowhere for about 5 seconds and then it disappears and I think I have found out where from.

if I rub my tongue really hard on my teeth/tooth(usually the same area) I occasionally get a really bad taste. this doesn't happen all of the times, it kind of varies. when I floss this area though the floss never smells and my tooth/teeth looks in good enough enough condition in that area. my dentist was pleased enough on my last visit.

I am not sure if this taste makes my breath bad or not. my tongue does not seem to smell that bad anymore lately either which is a good thing. this taste though freaks me out when it happens and makes me paranoid.

meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

In january this happened to me. I hadn't pooped in many days.I took some milk of mag to poop, and the taste went away
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

This could just be dental plaque beginning to mature. Mature dental plaque smells bad according to "potty-mouth" the microbiologist I think he was. My front teeth do that a little bit if I scrape my tongue hard against them at the end of a day.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

meowkity1 wrote:In january this happened to me. I hadn't pooped in many days.I took some milk of mag to poop, and the taste went away
I have no problems going to the toilet so I don't think it is that
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:This could just be dental plaque beginning to mature. Mature dental plaque smells bad according to "potty-mouth" the microbiologist I think he was. My front teeth do that a little bit if I scrape my tongue hard against them at the end of a day.
interesting but a couple of things I don't get:

1 - once I got the taste and straight away flossed that area and I got no smell whatsoever on the floss. if it was plaque why wouldn't the floss smell?

2 - sometimes I do the tongue rubbing and get the taste, and then literally 30 seconds later do it again and get no taste.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I often hear and see people with perfect breath, needing gum or mints or needing something to refresh their mouth etc.

Compared to "normal" people, are we just overly conscious of tastes and smells once we've been made to fear about our breath? I wish we could all know the answers to such questions. I would keep experimenting with your lady friends danger.

I'm in a rush here atm, but I'll reply more later. I think these kinds of discussions are important.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:I often hear and see people with perfect breath, needing gum or mints or needing something to refresh their mouth etc.

Compared to "normal" people, are we just overly conscious of tastes and smells once we've been made to fear about our breath? I wish we could all know the answers to such questions. I would keep experimenting with your lady friends danger.

I'm in a rush here atm, but I'll reply more later. I think these kinds of discussions are important.
my dad sometimes has mints and I wonder why. I have never ever noticed BB on my dad. and the thing is he has some(not all) false teeth(I wonder if that might be why and has helped in him never in getting BB)

sometimes when I am busy and not really thinking about my breath/mouth I don't really notice any tastes. it is usually when I am thinking about it or doing certain tests that I notice it, so there might be something to that.

ha, I would like to carry on experimenting with lady friends but they are not cheap.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic