Your Email Address:

First Name:

Just come back from Endoscopy

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FedUp
God

Just come back from Endoscopy

Post by FedUp »

Well Endoscopy went well.

I chose to go with local throat spray so I was in and out within 10 minutes.

Was uncomfortable but nothing unbearable, I just needed to burp alot.

Anyway my stomach is all normal and also I tested NEGATIVE for H Pylori.

I don't know how my breath is at the moment but I've been on clarithromycin for over 2 weeks and i've had no reactions or hints or anything like that. I catch whiffs of BB off of 2 people who sometimes have BB but I often wonder if it's mine mixed with theirs. But oddly enough I don't catch this whiff amongst other people clean breath.

So as of now

Sinus - clear
Stomach - Clear

Gonna get this half impacted wisdom tooth out just to make sure.

I think the Clarithromycin maybe working for me so fingers crossed on that.

Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
daan

Post by daan »

you are still on clarithomycin?
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Yes I am, I was given a 28 day course of 2 500MG a day.

I did ask the nurse if they would affect the results and she said they wouldn't.

My post nasal drip has decreased alot since taking them too.

Maybe I had a really bad throat/sinus infection??

There's only one thing left to do and that's remove this wisdom tooth. Dentist brushed me off last week saying it was fine. It's growing in side ways and is not fully erupted. I need to be more assertive, I will also show him my sinus CT results and Endoscopy results letters.

When I would rub my finger on my tongue, at first sniff i'd get a whiff of a fart scent but then i'd rub onto the back of my hand and get a sour smell, now that has disappeared since this course of medicine.

I was sat in the waiting room for almost an hour and no reactions, no reactions from nurses or people talking to me.

I'm just sick of not knowing if I now smell or not I cannot tell.

But this dentist visit is my last option. But it's hard and embarrassing when there's a pretty assistant in the office with me and my dentist.

So yea dentist my breath smells of shit lol.

What was interesting on my CT scan is my left sinus showed something which was described as mucosal thickening which couuld be related to my teeth. And whats also interesting when I brush the tooth that is near that thickening I get a real odd scent, I wouldn't say it was poo more like a cheesey smell. Which I can smell for a few minutes after I've brushed it. ENT also took another look in that side and saw nothing, she did suggest a tooth could of invaded my sinus floor but she didn't see anything.

I really need an up to date X-ray of my teeth, Stomachs clear, Sinuses "fine".

But yea I'm at a loss at the moment though I'm still optimistic.

Although highly unlikely- maybe I had H Pylori and the clarithromycin eradicated it? I know clarithromycin is used in conjuction with metrozonidale and amoxicillin but hey what the hell right???

These big yellow tablets kill bacteria. I'm also taking vitamins and 4 probiotics per day.

I feel I am close to my cure, this process of elimination sure is a stressful thing to deal with.

Last dentist visit he took a look in my mouth poking around then he was like "gums are good" poked around a little more "gums are very good" he seemed very pleased at how I look after them which was a relief.

A GP did say I had swollen lymph nodes to which she said "usually means infection of the mouth". So is it that wisdom tooth? Time will tell...

As for me I'm Okay, for now anyway. Peace.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I don't think antibiotics will do anything to h. pylori without lowering your stomach acid at the same time. For a fiver you could get a test kit and if it says you don't have it then you can completely forget about h. pylori, because if you did have it and the clarythromycin eradicated it, then your test kit will still show a positive result anyway.

In other words, if it's negative, then you didn't have it in the first place and clarythromycin had nothing to do with it.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

You're probably right, I,m just having a hard time figuring out where it's coming from. I mean the respiratory tract isn't that big of an area nor is the mouth it just befuddles me as to how it is so hard to find the route.

I've also been looking at throat infections causing BB also.

Clarithromycin claims to clear infection in the respiratory tract, I don't seem to have a bad taste in my mouth anymore.

I'm annoyed because the stench is 70% more noticeable when I nose breathe.

Come on you dentist prick find something!!!!
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
daan

Post by daan »

wait and see how clarithomycin work for you

and try to find if you have h.p or not as clarithomycin alone may not be strong enough to completely eradicate H.P

muscosal thickening might also be an area to look into it because it show an infection in respiratory tract, together with your pnd, all could be factor forming a volatile bacteria profile.

i see that exercise could do something for sinus related problem
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I'm taking no more shit now.

I'm gonna bring my hospital letters and results to the dentist they cannot deny I've been going through shit.

I'm gonna get partially erupted wisdom out, if not I WILL go private and get all four removed.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

daan wrote:wait and see how clarithomycin work for you

and try to find if you have h.p or not as clarithomycin alone may not be strong enough to completely eradicate H.P

muscosal thickening might also be an area to look into it because it show an infection in respiratory tract, together with your pnd, all could be factor forming a volatile bacteria profile.

i see that exercise could do something for sinus related problem
It's stupid because the scan showed something but she couldn't figure out what it was, she seems to think it's related to my teeth.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Mac
Junior

Post by Mac »

Really hope you're getting closer to a cure, FedUp. Stay strong. As for that pretty young thing at the dentist, don't put her on a pedestal. She's had explosive diarrhoea at some point in her life just like the rest of us. You never know, she might have a smelly pussy and be really paranoid about that lol.

Out of interest, what probiotics do you use?
Rorsach
Total Newbie

Re: Just come back from Endoscopy

Post by Rorsach »

There was some discussion on this board a month or so ago that brought up the subject of immune suppression and the fact that normal scavanging bacteria in the mouth are not doing their job and getting rid of the anaerobic bacteria that don't belong in our mouths. This may be a fruitful avenue of investigation, particularly on the hard case variety of halitosis.

We should be inundating the Journal of Breath Research with requests for their latest thinking without having to pay an arm and a leg - http://iopscience.iop.org/1752-7163/
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Mac wrote:Really hope you're getting closer to a cure, FedUp. Stay strong. As for that pretty young thing at the dentist, don't put her on a pedestal. She's had explosive diarrhoea at some point in her life just like the rest of us. You never know, she might have a smelly pussy and be really paranoid about that lol.

Out of interest, what probiotics do you use?
Some cheap ones on ebay, I find I shit alot more now disgusting i know lol.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

@Fedup, hey good to hear you are near your goal!! One more soul saved.

I wanted to ask were you always bloated prior to taking the pills?
No matter how much you exercise you always had a bloated stomach?

I know big tummies does not equal bb.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I felt bloated after eating very often and tired.

Also I used to not have a bowel movement for 3 days at a time.

I never ever thought this was abnormal until I had a discussion with friends about shitting and they go once twice a day. I checked on the net to find that it's not normal to go 3 days. But since probiotics I go once, or sometimes twice a day.

Plus sometimes I would get horrible very hard huge turds that would seriously really cause so much pain in the anus hole, also blood. But that has all stopped also, sorry for graphic details.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Also I used to not have a bowel movement for 3 days at a time.
oh that can seriously mess your body up!

So how are things? People treating you like a human now? lol
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Not had a bad week, I've stopped giving a shit but I'm still wary of my BB.

You know when someone suddenly looks disgusted and pulls a face, I get that the odd time but most of the time i get no complaints. I just know they got a whiff of my breath..

I visited another dentist yesterday who x rayed my wisdoms, he found a "grey area" a pocket under my partially erupted wisdom tooth that could trap bacteria, an area which I cannot clean myself so I have a hygienist visit to get deep in there to clean it out, I am not gonna get my hopes up on that being the cause although I hope it is. Failing that he will refer me for extraction but its ages waiting on the NHS but a step in the right direction.

Another dentist absolutely dismissed halitosis being from wisdom's, wouldn't even x ray my teeth despite my pleas.

also I do not have gum disease, my gums are perfect I've been told by 3 dentists.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic