Your Email Address:

First Name:

Adenoids

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FedUp
God

Adenoids

Post by FedUp »

Is it true the adenoids can also produce tonsolollith?

I'm just at a loss lately as to what is causing my halitosis...

A few times this week I've caught what I thought was other people's bad breath, but it's impossible it's theirs as it was quite strong.

The whiffs I usually get back smell like dirty bacteria, like as if tonsolollith are just chilling somewhere.

In my case nasal odor is stronger than mouth odor, I wish I'd have asked to have adenoids removed when I had tonsils removed.

Back where the adenoids I can feel something there even when my PND is not there. My breathing is not the best through my nose anyhow, it's really restricted. Next time I visit ENT, another months time I'm gonna ask about adenoids. It just seems impossible for me to have halitosis with my oral regime, seriously impossible. Average person probably brushes teeth and mouth wash for a max of 2 minutes and fresh breath all day.

I'm starting to think I'll be trapped like this forever. Why me? Why us???

Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Adenoid tissue shrinks and kind of shrivels up at adult age.

I've read that when this happens they can form crevices which can harbor bacteria creating a smell of "rot".

I wonder if it's possible to get a swab taken of the adenoid to see it's possible to know whether there's a bacterial orgy going on there?

Might be something worth mention to your ENT on your next visit.
crazy4it
Advanced
Post by crazy4it »

If the adenoids are responsible would that mean bb from nose and mouth if u just have mouth odor would it be safe to rule out adenoids?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It would be wrong to speculate on this because adenoids can affect the nose and cause problems with breathing which presumably could affect the sinuses and lead to other BB causing issues. Best thing is get them checked as part of any investigations.

There has to be a physical reason why a lot of people get improvement with nasal irrigations, and it might be because these irrigations are affecting this area.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

@ Fedup, I think your biggest problem is your diet, maybe you should try changing it. Eat more healthily for a better BM. Once you get things moving without the help of pills I'm sure things will improve. With pills once you stop your body doesn't know how to adjust so things just get clogged up again. You have to train your body to work naturally, by eating a healthy diet.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I don't think it's my diet as last year I went on a diet and lost like 16 pounds and my breath never let up an inch.

Adenoids makes sense (does it?)

Nasal odor stronger than mouth odor. Sometimes if I exhale really hard through my nose I can taste a horse shit odor from that area where the adenoids are...

And btw are there any treatment to STOP PND? It's driving me absolutely berzerk. My mouth feels heavy all day sick of coughing and hocking back mucus, it's the most annoying thing ever.

If I can just stop this halitosis and PND i will be back to being happy and care free.

Oh btw Waterpiks for flossing are absolutly useless, for months I been using it and I kept getting a "cheesey" odor from a few parts of my gum whilst brushing and I couldn't figure out why.

Thanks to MrChips thread I started using interdental brushes... well that cheesey odor is no longer present upon brushing but halitosis from else where is still there, but I swear by these things now.

My gums bled like hell upon first few uses, still getting a bit of blood now but I'm gonna be a bit more thorough tonight, Ii cannot be assed using using them before going to work as it's a long boring process. But they're excellent for gum health.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Very strange indeed, CT shows nothing, nasal irrigation does nothing...hm...

The pills didn't do anything at all? It didn't lessen the smell??

The only way to clean out pnd is to do a nasal rinse with a netipot.
Use the packet salts that comes with the pot. I know when I started I didn't really get anything but after using it for a while things just started coming out on it's own. Sometimes there would be a period of 2 weeks when I didn't sneeze anything out, I 'm about to stop using it, then bam, outta nowhere I get a black glob of crap. I think that the salt needs time to loosen up the crap inside?
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I'd say the clarithromycin got rid of my mouth bacteria - I don't have to brush my tongue as much these days.

I can still detect the tonsololith odor when I get a whiff the odd time.

I'm just pissed off I'm being robbed of life.

There is nothing in my mouth that is putting off an odor. I managed to dig in deep with a tooth pick in my partially erupted wisdom and no odor in the slightest.

Cheesy gum odor has dissappeared.

I can't believe how small the ENT area is but yet I'm unable to know where this stench is stemming from???
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic