Your Email Address:

First Name:

What my GI suggested I try...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Whether or not hali-girl was cured is not that important. What's more important is looking at the way we treat each other on this site and how we're pushing people away. Some people here are so negative and rude it's a shame.

If we keep treating people like shit all the time then we shouldn't expect them to come back. Anyway I hope she truly found her cure and if she didn't good luck to her.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yes, hali_grl should not have treated everyone like shit. It's always a shame when people are negative and rude. It's always good when everyone feels open to respectful discussion, scrutiny and questioning and not act like a 5 year old just because others don't agree with you.
glamourgirl05
Junior

Post by glamourgirl05 »

Jess I agree with you about being kind to one another, everybody needs to understand... That not everyone has the same exact cause meaning we all have diffrent reasons why we have bb, we shouldn't turn someone down if they themselves have found a cure... And about hali girl... I had message her on this site, email and even facbook her about this treatment she was trying out,c cuz I was intereted in it,,,I never ever bashed her, and she still never replyed to me, its like aren't we trying to help each other out
searching
Master
Post by searching »

StillHoping wrote:have you had any constipation problems due to the prolonged use of pepto bismol?
No problems with or without the medication.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

glamourgirl05, in regards to hali-girl I understand your point of view, and for sure two wrongs don't make a right. But again bottom line is there are too many negative and rude people on this site, always ready to stand against others instead of supporting each other. That's probably why even though there are thousands of registered members, there aren't that much activity on the site because people just don't come back, probably repulsed by the negativity here.
who farted?
Junior

Post by who farted? »

he said he would get a sample of my faeces and send it to the lab immediately to check for parasites. He said this test is most accurate when the faeces are taken at body temperature - so if you go to a GP and ask to get a faecal test the chances of it been accurate is very slim, as most bacteria dies before it even reaches the lab) and based on the findings he would treat the condition accordingly.

Searching did the doc get back to you about the test,how are you getting on with the pepto bismuth thanks
searching
Master
Post by searching »

who farted? wrote:
Searching did the doc get back to you about the test,how are you getting on with the pepto bismuth thanks
No doctor was involved and no tests were done. In the U.S. Pepto Bismol™ is an over the counter item. The bismuth continues to work well for me.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

searching; can you please provide precise details on how you use it?
e.g. do you actually swallow it after chewing the pills?
how many times per day do you use it?
before or after brushing?
how long does the relief last?
are you still bb free even after eating a meal?

thank you :)
who farted?
Junior

Post by who farted? »

Sadman- he said he would get a sample of my faeces and send it to the lab immediately to check for parasites. He said this test is most accurate when the faeces are taken at body temperature - so if you go to a GP and ask to get a faecal test the chances of it been accurate is very slim, as most bacteria dies before it even reaches the lab) and based on the findings he would treat the condition accordingly
Sadman did you get the test done?,are you getting any relief after the 1st interview with the doc thanks
who farted?
Junior

Post by who farted? »

thankyou searching,
do you find theres a better time to take the capsules for example before breakfast or before bed or with food?
could i also ask what foods due you avoid the most
how do they work with beer and spirits
many thanks
searching
Master
Post by searching »

StillHoping wrote:do you actually swallow it after chewing the pills?
I now use [swallow] the non-chewable caplets. On occasion, when using the chewable-form, I ingest all of the medication after chewing.
StillHoping wrote:how many times per day do you use it?
Two at most. One in the morning and one at night.
StillHoping wrote:before or after brushing?
After.
StillHoping wrote:how long does the relief last?
12, or more, hours.
StillHoping wrote:are you still bb free even after eating a meal?
Yes.
who farted? wrote:do you find there’s a better time to take the capsules for example before breakfast or before bed or with food?
No. It seems to work well just being in my digestive tract sorbing sulfur, and/or providing antimicrobial control of [some of] the volatile sulfur producing species.
who farted? wrote:could i also ask what foods due you avoid the most .
Excessive carbohydrates, starch or sugar. I eat these foods; however, not to excess.
who farted? wrote:how do they work with beer and spirits.
They work well for me.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Searching; since you also use Alum. Which one do you think is the real solution to your bb? Or do you think they work hand in hand; the pepto and Alum?
who farted?
Junior

Post by who farted? »

Searching many thanks!,could i ask one more question do you take anything else with the pepto for example probiotics or just the pepto thanks again,As a child i always wondered what that pink stuff was my father use to take :-k
searching
Master
Post by searching »

StillHoping wrote: since you also use Alum, which one do you think is the real solution to your bb? Or do you think they work hand in hand; the pepto and Alum?
I think the Pepto-Bismol™ reduces the volatile sulfur compounds in my system that otherwise may exit as hydrogen sulfide, methyl mercaptan and/or dimethyl sulfide, through breath, stool, and/or skin. My metabolism appears to have a below-average ability to oxidize or fix sulfur compounds. Left uncontrolled, my system produces and purges a sour gas.

I think alum works independent of bismuth, to reduce oral, anaerobic microorganisms that decompose mucus, skin cells, and/or debris into fetid, volatile molecules - by dislodging the biofilm/plaque from my teeth, gums and tongue. I cannot testify to the safety of brushing with alum. Nevertheless, it is by-far, the most-effective and inexpensive agent/astringent I’ve found in rapidly peeling-off plaque/biofilm.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

who farted? wrote:do you take anything else with the pepto for example probiotics
Pepto and Vitamin B complex.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic