Your Email Address:

First Name:

One big tip that might help....

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Mony
Total Newbie

One big tip that might help....

Post by Mony »

To start off, I've had bad breath since i was a little kid and am 18 years old now. I know i have it because friends have told me and other people have given me little remarks here and there. I know my problem is probably from those pesky little anaerobic bacteria, and maybe a mild case of PND.

Well about a year ago i decided to go head on and try to tackle the problem. First off i read about Therabreath toothpaste and mouthwash and decided to give a shot. I noticed it helped for about an hour after using it at the most. After that i tried nasal irrigation, colon cleanses and detoxes, probiotics, you name it, but they didn't seem to help much. Fast forward to about a week ago when i finally decided to try that BLIS K12 stuff. I started taking it and it felt like it worked longer than the toothpaste and mouth wash alone.

So about 3 days of using therabreath and blis together i noticed that my tongue felt really rough and somewhat drier than the rest rest of my mouth, and that's when it hit me......The top of my tongue is always firmly pressed against the roof of my mouth. I think it happens because i have somewhat of an overbite and since there is very little space between the roof of my mouth and tongue, my tongue just presses up against it. Now if you think about, if your tongue is firmly pressed against the roof of your mouth, saliva can't reach and get in between that area really well because it's getting blocked off i guess. Since saliva can't get inbetween real well and there is very little oxygen present on that part of the tongue, those little anaerobic bacteria have a nice area with very little air and saliva to produce their smells i guess you can say. So I decided to get into the habit of having my tongue lay as close as possible to the bottom of my mouth without touching the roof. Not long after having my tongue lay low and not touch the top i noticed alot more saliva started flowing and boy was i salivating like never before, i actually thought it wasn't normal having this much saliva in my mouth but the more saliva the better, and since my tongue was no longer touching against the roof saliva was able to fully cover the top of my tongue. Now my bad breath is very weak shall i say and is only noticable if you are centimeters from my face. I'm not fully cured, but like i said it is very weak and is only noticable up really close and the taste in my mouth really doesn't taste bad anymore.

These 3 things:
1. Brushing with Therabreath toothpaste and mouthwash in the morning and night.
2. 2 BLIS K12 lozenges after brushing and gargling
3. This the most important to me: laying your tongue down and keeping it from pressing up against the roof of your mouth!!!!!

I been doing these three things for about 4 days and it has allowed me to conversate with people like never before. I dont really get any bad signs from people and they look me in my face when i talk...YESSSS

This might only help people who always have their tongue pressed against the roof of their mouth.

PS: I might of forgot to mention a couple of things but you get the jist of things. So feel free to ask questions and i might remember anything i might of missed. Also please excuse my bad grammar and sentence structure lol....Thnx for reading

jamesmcavoy

Hi

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Good level of understanding .
btw which country are u from ?
Mony
Total Newbie

Post by Mony »

I'm from the US
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I can remember the exact moment when my world turned upside down and I could smell my BB for the first time. I was sitting my school mock exams (age 15 roughly).

Up until this point, my BB was just everyday taunts by my brother and sister, which didn't bother me too much because I couldn't smell anything so I just kid myself that it was just bullshit to put me down.

The reason I couldn't smell it was because my nose was always blocked. But around the age of 15 it had grown enough to allow some nasal breathing. Up until then I was a constant mouth-breather. So as I was now able to nose-breathe, I could easily catch whiffs of my bad breath.

But, because my mouth is the type of mouth which doesn't normally stay closed by itself, I consciously tried to keep it shut to prevent the bad breath coming out. The way I did this was to create a vacuum in my mouth by sucking my tongue up against the roof of my mouth. I swear that made my BB much worse. But it was the only way to keep my mouth zipped up and keep the odour in.

I don't know if such a practice can cause BB, but I'm sure that if a person suffers with at least type-1 BB, keeping the mouth closed like this is going to exacerbate things.
doop

where

Post by doop »

which state are you living?
doop

additional info

Post by doop »

this tip has been discussed in another page take a look at it

viewtopic.php?p=20681&sid=e518f251e9ecb ... e35759f89d
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic