Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad breath? What's it like on the other side?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

I just have one question for Archimonde:

Do you actually have bad breath?! :-k

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Last edited by Archimonde on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

I wish my bb was imaginary, I really do. But after my friend told me I know is a real and persistent problem.... I can't help. The advice I give to all of you is ''ask someone'', is much better than live with this doubt..... Now I know I have bb, ok let's face the fact.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Archi, I would have already confirmed this if I felt it was warranted.

But now that you've asked me to, I can confirm using the IP checker, that (as far as IP checkers are concerned) Archimonde has nothing to do with ART.

But, the Art IP is connected with another member of this forum of over 150 posts.

I understand your logic though Archi, especially if people can have "true" PATM without having bad breath (or at least without worrying about BB).

BUT - A person can potentially be highly allergenic to others (if they keep pets for example). They may well have BB which lingers, and which causes many of the symptoms to others which "true" PATM sufferers describe (nose rubbing, and throat clearing). So this is where there can be some overlap and confusion, I guess.

So, there is always the potential for a person, whose main concern is BB, for them to "mimic" the same characteristics as those with PATM.

Please keep the discussion going though. We are all here to learn from each other, otherwise there's no point in having a forum.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

I am Art's partner and lover, you all have seen me on this forum. He tells me over and over again there is no odor, as do my family, friends, therapists. When I talk to people 90% or more of the time they rub their nose, some even give me an uncomfortable look. I do not have pets right now, sometimes I think I can taste bad breath. I was told in the past and I have shared that I am a former heavy drinker, by my doctor, a psyc doc, a GI doc that they did smell my breath. I feel like I am going over the edge, why can't I talk to people without them rubbing their nose, I cry and cry. If I don't smell then God please someone help me. It hurts. This started about two years ago. My hygiene, as most everyone here is outstanding. Particularly my oral hygiene. If I don't smell, why would the guy at the bait and tackle shop we stopped at look at me with loathing and rub his nose constantly? I have been a very attractive and fit women, well dressed and very able to converse until now. When I was drinking, I know that can smell. I just saw my family at my grandparents final memorial. They all said no smell, however as soon as I saw them the nose rubbing started, for some also itching, like my brother. I thought I heard my dads girlfriend say it stinks in here when I was downstairs and she did not see me. I am sitting with Art now and he has rubbed his nose about 3 times in ten minutes. People clear their throat. I know I had an odor before. Is it gone? sometimes life becomes more than I can bear. For whomever said they are SICK of people posting here without BB, please know I was told I had it before and I am in purgatory. Do not be so quick to judge me, I suffer horribly. This has caused me to drop my college dreams, my job, loose my home, lonetime friends pushed away, caused near death alcohol consumption. Do people rub their GD nose if something stinks. I have started to dislike the general public and want to live in solitude. As Art rubs his nose again. Here I sit. I love animals more than people. If I did not smell than why would some people look at me with some type of loathing? I need help. I am so sad, my heart breaks over and over again. Don't jusdge me. I was told before I stank okay? How do people react to you guys bad breath, do they rub their nose? I wouldn't say 50 feet, more like 20-25 feet, enclosed much further. I am sober and a pretty woman. Art kisses me. He ate some ranch pretzels the other day and we were intimate, well they gave him some gross breath and I did not rub my nose, I kept turning my head away and told him it smelled bad. He and others say I actually smell GOOD. He tells me if I have morning breath which is maybe three times since we have been involved and we sleep together every night. He says my breath is a turn on and is very good. This is hell. Wish we could smell it ourselves. Do you see my problem? If I don't smell but cause people to rub and itch and sneeze should I be able to work? Will they give me the dirty looks. I am scared for my future. Art is tired and I am at the end of my rope. PATM - read some of that and many of those people think they stink too. Thanks and sorry for the rant. Good to hear from you Halitosissux. Help. Hugs, thissux
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

BTW - Art just rubbed his nose again and I just scrapped a layer of white off my tongue, I thought I tasted halitosis. Sometimes I feel a taste in the back of my throat. I have met with someone from this board, she did not smell at all either, I got on my knees and promised her. She just left a job due to this and she rubbed her nose too! She said I did not smell at all, that I do not have it. Could you go from alcohol BB to no smell and PATM. What is all of this????
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

I hate to say that I am filled with anger at those that rub their nose etc. Perfect strangers. I had a tough younger life, I work out a LOT and have been trained to box, yes I am a pretty and nice woman, however I feel on edge and at times feel like hitting the people that rub their nose and asking what exactly the problem cause is. This is changing me, I am a loving, gentle, though tough and kind woman that loves animals and has a big heart. At least I had one. These are passing thoughts however sometimes I really want to act on them. I hate this. Any feedback folks?
deebo

Post by deebo »

yes , these things are all plausible from the little that was posted . i swear ,sometimes i think some Doctor afraid to admit to his bb or bo patient ,concocted PATM and halitophobia . We've all probably heard from several people with genetic and type 2 tmau stories of how their docs for Years beat around the bush ,saying they didnt smell anything, putting them on anti-psych meds and the works ,only to profusely apologies their ass off when the patient finally comes in with tmau paperwork .
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@thissux Thank you very much for coming forward. (Suck it, Stankie.)

THISSUX: I will repeat myself: you don't have BB, your brain has convinced you that the reactions that you are seeing are caused by a bad odor. WRONG. The reactions are real, you are not crazy, but they're caused by an odorless irritant/allergen coming from you, no one knows why that's happening, there are ways to reduce the # of reactions.

Don't listen to Stankie or Deebo, they are mostly clueless. Stankie is new here so he gets a pass from me. Deebo has been around for a while, has 1000 posts and yet he knows nothing about what's a BB reaction and what is not, not acceptable for someone who BB sufferers might listen to. He thinks every reaction is caused by BB or B.O, so misleading it could you make someone like Thissux depressed.

THISSUX: I will send you a PM in a couple of days, it will have an explanation of what's going on with you, how to reduce the reactions, etc. There is hope for you.
deebo

Post by deebo »

.... woe
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Poor Art as I am always asking if I stink or my breath stinks. If I don't have bad odors or breath, can it really be this PATM issue?
For those of you that know and have had your BB confirmed by a trusted family member or other such person, can you please share your experience with reactions? What happens exactly when you say you are getting reactions, or getting them from a distance? Is nose rubs one of them? I hate this, it has taken my legs out from under me. If it is just a phobia, I really need help. Art points out that I can talk right in his face and others face or at least close enough and they don't back away but rather I note, rub their nose or scratch near it just about all the time. It is maddening. What kind of reactions do the people with solid confirmation of a strong breath issue get? Do you all mind sharing? Thanks again all!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thissux, do you mind me asking you why it matters to you whether people supposedly react to you even though nobody can even attribute their reaction to you?

Personally, Even if people were falling like flies around me, providing that they weren't able to attribute this to me, then I wouldn't consider it MY problem! Why do you consider it to be YOUR problem?

Most people with solid confirmations of BB reactions will describe the grimmacing or the look of horror, the revulsion and CLEAR comments aimed directly at them, etc. If you don't get these, then what's the problem?
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

halitosisux wrote:Thissux, do you mind me asking you why it matters to you whether people supposedly react to you even though nobody can even attribute their reaction to you?
obviously she feels like they are reacting to her and not telling/blaming her. I get tons of nose rubs as well and it is annoying to no end. someone can just be sitting around normally and then when i get next to them they start rubbing their noses every few seconds.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic