Your Email Address:

First Name:

correction-fresh morning breath using thumbs

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
pagmic2
Advanced

correction-fresh morning breath using thumbs

Post by pagmic2 »

squeeze the post nasal drip out from between the posterior faucial pillar and the side/back of throat, and also use thumb to wipe post nasal drip down the throat so it's not just stuck to the back of the throat. Swallow it down after dislodging it and pushing/wiping it downwards with thumb. The rest of what I wrote was correct. In Christ who answers sincere cries for help from those who love Him, Mike

Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I also believe that the post nasal drip causing mucus to stagnate in the throat is a major cause of breath odor, but I don't understand how you use your thumbs to squeeze mucus out of the throat. Could you give us a better explanation?
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Phantasist wrote:I also believe that the post nasal drip causing mucus to stagnate in the throat is a major cause of breath odor
i thought so too until i saw all the treads on webmd of people complaining about PND but no mention of bb. So i think PND is just another symptom, like BB. There's probably a correlation between the 2 but one isn't the cause of the other.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I think if you can hack up some of your PND and it already smells bad then it's likely that it became smelly before it reached your throat - indicative, perhaps, of a problem further back up (ENT).

If the PND is just thickened, odourless, colourless mucus, then I think that this by itself cannot normally cause bad breath, because a lot of people have this kind of increased mucus sensation through allergies and colds etc and this definitely does not always lead to BB.

If you have this kind of PND AND you also have Type-1 BB from other underlying causes, then it's very likely the bad breath will be exacerbated by this PND.

Then, there's always the possibility that some people may have something different about their mucus. It may look just like normal mucus, but chemically and also immunologically it may be different enough to cause bad breath. There's so much shit that isn't known about.

There's also the individual's microorganisms to consider too. Some people might be "immune" to bad breath caused by excessive PND, if we're to believe the SHIT about BLIS-K12 and whatever about "desirable" and "undesirable" bacteria to have in your mouth/throat.

I think it's most likely to do with with ecology though. If you have PND for long enough then this "bad" ecology will shift your microbial flora in your mouth/throat to one which tends to produce more odour. If you only have temporary PND then it might not be long enough for this change to happen and you get away with it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic