Your Email Address:

First Name:

Should I vent with my psychologist?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Ihatemybreath
Master

Should I vent with my psychologist?

Post by Ihatemybreath »

Have about 3 weeks I am going to this psychologist witch is really simpatic and cool, and sweet with me... but I'm not sure if I can vent about my bad breath problem with her cause this is so embarrasing... Is such a shame for me... But I feel like I need to talk with someone bout this and just vent... cause anybody but she will hear me... cause nobody wants to talk about it, is disgusting. She always say to me ''I know there is something inside you you want to hold out''', but I say ''no...'', but obviously I have something, my bb.

please I don't know what to doooooooo, should I tell or not? I feel so embarrassed

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

I say go for it, she will not make you feel awkward. Youll probably be relieved afterwards
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

A psychologist can't fix bad breath. This is not a psychological problem; it's a physical problem.

I guess you can talk to her if it makes you feel better, but in the end you'll still have the same problem.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Ofcourse it wont fix the problem. *I meat this will help you vent and perhaps learn how to cope with the unhappy feelings
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I'm curious if a legit psychologist would refuse to admit that their patient has BB / B.O, wouldn't it be unethical for a psy to lie? Anyone have opened up to a real psy about BB?
deebo

Post by deebo »

Excellent question and concern Archi . I've seen 2 counselors about bb . The 1st was just an off handed mention of bb as I was still scared to utter it in the open and basically venting . He did not admit to anything but i never asked him to directly . The 2nd was a counselor who had clearly reacted to my bb before when i saw them about anxiety . I posted about this before but never updated so the short updates is : I revisited the counselor with the aim of creating a mental health protocol for ppl with chronic odor . I know tact is everything when approaching talks about odor so the 1st words i said were basically "I'd like to discuss something that is very uncomfortable .. probably more for others than for me ". I asked if she'd ever known or dealt with it before . No. I explained to that more ppl with this issue stop or don't pursue talk therapy . Within the next few months there was an admission to odor but I feel like it was probably a half assed attempt to appease me and to rectify saying she hadn't smelled me before . I sent her some videos of sufferers with positive messages and she used it as ammo for me to be more positive about having odor which understandable . When I said I had just talked with that sufferer about a terrible week they were having to deal with ,it was kind of disregarded .

I thought it would be smart to just ask her to join the fb groups ,just to see the reality of what a large percent of us go through as everything I said was just sort of seen as overreacting and it would give a much better understanding of the whole. She did not want to join for whatever reason but claimed that I had explained well enough and she did understand our plight completely . I put any visits on 'hold until further notice' . That was 6 months ago .

I'm seeking to find another professional next month but maybe its better to just vent next time. There is a list of things I've learned for you folks and interactions with shrinks that I'll post here soon, more for my own edification that anything. In the meantime I'll say that Tact is really important . Its very easy to ruin any progress in the 1st few seconds so consider choosing your words carefully
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

deebo wrote:Excellent question and concern Archi . I've seen 2 counselors about bb . The 1st was just an off handed mention of bb as I was still scared to utter it in the open and basically venting . He did not admit to anything but i never asked him to directly . The 2nd was a counselor who had clearly reacted to my bb before when i saw them about anxiety . I posted about this before but never updated so the short updates is : I revisited the counselor with the aim of creating a mental health protocol for ppl with chronic odor . I know tact is everything when approaching talks about odor so the 1st words i said were basically "I'd like to discuss something that is very uncomfortable .. probably more for others than for me ". I asked if she'd ever known or dealt with it before . No. I explained to that more ppl with this issue stop or don't pursue talk therapy . Within the next few months there was an admission to odor but I feel like it was probably a half assed attempt to appease me and to rectify saying she hadn't smelled me before . I sent her some videos of sufferers with positive messages and she used it as ammo for me to be more positive about having odor which understandable . When I said I had just talked with that sufferer about a terrible week they were having to deal with ,it was kind of disregarded .

I thought it would be smart to just ask her to join the fb groups ,just to see the reality of what a large percent of us go through as everything I said was just sort of seen as overreacting and it would give a much better understanding of the whole. She did not want to join for whatever reason but claimed that I had explained well enough and she did understand our plight completely . I put any visits on 'hold until further notice' . That was 6 months ago .

I'm seeking to find another professional next month but maybe its better to just vent next time. There is a list of things I've learned for you folks and interactions with shrinks that I'll post here soon, more for my own edification that anything. In the meantime I'll say that Tact is really important . Its very easy to ruin any progress in the 1st few seconds so consider choosing your words carefully
This sounds like the same reaction and conversation i had with a dentist, of all people. Shame on her. I knew i was wasting time with this poor excuse of a supposed "professional". i had point blank told her what my concerns were. Yet she persisted in saying she did not "smell" anything. I had shared with her the psychological toll this was taking on me and that i needed to know if she could help me and if so, what the "action plan" would be. Never got a response to either. Never went back.
“Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It’s beyond me.” ~Zora Neale Hurston
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic