Your Email Address:

First Name:

Had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted today

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FedUp
God

Had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted today

Post by FedUp »

Well I took the plunge and got all 4 wisdom teeth extracted.

Upper wisdoms hadn't grown through but were gonna grow in backwards.

Bottom right was impacted, bottom left was fully erupted vertical but had grown in at a funny angle.

I may go to work tomorrow i will see how i feel.

All i can taste/smell is the stuff they put on wounds for blood, my friend even commented on that smell as soon as i stepped in the car, which for first sign is a good one.

Will give it a while before I get the verdict.

I'm so glad I've had this done, if it's not my cure at least its a check off the list. But looking at the stitched up holes they did a good job I'm very pleased.

And btw my left cheek is like a golf ball. Pain is not too bad at all tbh. I've not taken my pain killers or amoxicillin yet either.

Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

I really hope this will be your cure FedUp! But can't you take tomorrow off and rest at home! Why would you want to go back to work so soon?

When I had my wisdoms out, my face was so swollen and bruised for over a week, and the pain was excruciating! So I recommend you start taking amoxicillin to prevent infection and take a few days off work till you're feeling better.

Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed for you :))
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

How you're feeling today????????? Update please
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Mouths kind of sore, cheeks swollen up.

I only went to work to see if I would get any reactions which I didn't.

I can smell the wounds on my breath so far. But other than that I want the swelling to go down it's huge.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

When I had my wisdom extracted the dentist didn't stitch up the hole. He said it'd eventually fill in. It's now been about 2 months since my extraction and the whole is just about completely filled as if it was never extracted).

Hoping this is your cure FedUp. If it turns out to be your cure, please come back and visit. Even if it's once every few weeks. So many people are cured and never return. They forget about the people who were there for them when they had bad breath. It's so unfortunate :(
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

coconuthead wrote:When I had my wisdom extracted the dentist didn't stitch up the hole. He said it'd eventually fill in. It's now been about 2 months since my extraction and the whole is just about completely filled as if it was never extracted).

Hoping this is your cure FedUp. If it turns out to be your cure, please come back and visit. Even if it's once every few weeks. So many people are cured and never return. They forget about the people who were there for them when they had bad breath. It's so unfortunate :(
That's what I though..........Maybe we'll lost one of the best members. Peoples just can't let go, they sould back here eventually
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I usually get offered get offered gum off a guy at work, he bought some the other day and he didn't offer me any. lol I'm probably reading too much into it. Even if this was my cure I'd still be far too paranoid and conscious of where I'm breathing.

I can smell myself around certain people at times and I didn't smell a thing.

The real test comes when I'm back at work and I can brush my teeth properly.

It's strange because No antibiotics ever worked for me, not even temporarily.

I wish I could show you my x-rays. I'd have to do a poor photoshop job to show how my wisdoms were sitting.

I'm at a show tonight gonna be close to strangers and I'm absolutely scared to death, worst of all i will not be drinking to even drown out my cares.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
bbshiat

Post by bbshiat »

hey fed up

is your nasal breath gone ? hope it works for you
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

I was wondering if it is possible that BB comes from wisdom teeth even when I put my finger there or floss in this area there's no smell...... is it????????
ikageorgian
Advanced

Post by ikageorgian »

FedUp keep us posted pls. [-o<
ikageorgian
Advanced

Post by ikageorgian »

sadmum wrote:I really hope this will be your cure FedUp! But can't you take tomorrow off and rest at home! Why would you want to go back to work so soon?

When I had my wisdoms out, my face was so swollen and bruised for over a week, and the pain was excruciating! So I recommend you start taking amoxicillin to prevent infection and take a few days off work till you're feeling better.

Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed for you :))
sadmum does it help you at all or in certain extent? In terms of bb of course. :)
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

ikageorgian wrote: sadmum does it help you at all or in certain extent? In terms of bb of course. :)
The WT extractions helped to "temporarily" reduce my bb by prolly 95%, but it only lasted while I was on the antibiotics, once the meds were up the bb returned to its original state!

In saying that I have found great improvement while using the OralB toothpaste and also when rinsing with Kforce mouthwash (as much as I hate admitting it, it actually works well, on me anyway!).

So far those are the only two things that have had some significant long term improvement on my bb (been using both for over 2 months now).

I'm still not sure where my bb is coming from! it's so confusing to really establish where it's originating from. But I feel that it's prolly coming from my tongue, stomach & maybe sinuses too!

:?
imu
Total Newbie

Post by imu »

I am sure that BB is not originating from tongue & sinuses.
ikageorgian
Advanced

Post by ikageorgian »

sadmum wrote:
ikageorgian wrote: sadmum does it help you at all or in certain extent? In terms of bb of course. :)
The WT extractions helped to "temporarily" reduce my bb by prolly 95%, but it only lasted while I was on the antibiotics, once the meds were up the bb returned to its original state!

In saying that I have found great improvement while using the OralB toothpaste and also when rinsing with Kforce mouthwash (as much as I hate admitting it, it actually works well, on me anyway!).

So far those are the only two things that have had some significant long term improvement on my bb (been using both for over 2 months now).

I'm still not sure where my bb is coming from! it's so confusing to really establish where it's originating from. But I feel that it's prolly coming from my tongue, stomach & maybe sinuses too!

:?
sadmum I am unable to send you pm, can you please send me pm and I will reply to you, want to suggest you smth.
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

imu wrote:I am sure that BB is not originating from tongue & sinuses.
And what makes you so certain of that?

ikageorgian wrote: sadmum I am unable to send you pm, can you please send me pm and I will reply to you, want to suggest you smth.
You don't have to pm me, you can make any suggestions or give advice/info here so that everyone else can read it and might benefit from it too, after all we're all here to help one another.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic