Your Email Address:

First Name:

link between bb and saliva consistency?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
leanne_6
Total Newbie

link between bb and saliva consistency?

Post by leanne_6 »

has anyone noticed a link between saliva consistency and bb?

i developed bb after having a nasty cold as a teenager. ever since the cold i have had problems of having saliva with a thick, sticky texture and a nasty taste in mouth and bb.

ive been on antibiotics recently which made my saliva feel 'thinner' and more normal and breath fresher.

its now gone back to being thick and (sounds gross - ) but a phlem type texture.

what could cause this and does anyone else also have this??

oneday4800
Advanced
Post by oneday4800 »

Do u have a white tongue? Maybe the saliva is mixing with the gunk and bacteria. Causing the saliva to be thicker. Or it could be mucus.
Harry_2K
Junior

cold started it all

Post by Harry_2K »

Hi Leanne,

It also started the same way for me as that of yours. I suddenly caught cold, throat infection and fever one morning and since then BB. It's been 16 years since then. Coating on tongue, BB and fatigue have been my problems since then.

What could be the connection with saliva and BB? is there any connection? Am not sure.

Harry
SuddenBB

cold started it all

Post by SuddenBB »

i developed bb after having a nasty cold as a teenager. ever since the cold i have had problems of having saliva with a thick, sticky texture and a nasty taste in mouth and bb.
While I was having my dental treatment, I developed a cold and a white coating began to appear since then. Roughly around the beginning of July this year (the cold). My saliva became stringy. I did the spit test and my saliva would sink. But I tried fluconazole, and it didn't help. I asked my doctors whether its Candida, and they said no. My saliva production was also less.

My coating has been better but not gone after my triple antibiotic therapy (Amox+Clarithomycin+Omeprazole). Chlorhexidine helped but slightly. Not much improvement.
What could be the connection with saliva and BB? is there any connection? Am not sure.
90% of the dust in our house is our body shedding of skin and what not. The tongue also sheds off keratin. I read this somewhere. But most of it is washed away by saliva. Incase your mouth isn't producing enough saliva then it won't be washed away. Saliva also has enzymes and organisms to fight away bacteria in the mouth so helps in maintaining oral flora. Lack of it can cause problems.

My two cents.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic