Your Email Address:

First Name:

Odd Methods To Stop Bad Breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
AcesUp311
Total Newbie

Odd Methods To Stop Bad Breath

Post by AcesUp311 »

Thanks for reading. I am a new member here. I joined because I want to share how I got rid of my chronic bad breath of 14 years.

If you have any kind of sinus problem, then that is most likely giving you your bad breath. This includes allergies, thick post nasal drip, stuffy nose, etc. Whenever you have these symptoms, it means your nasal cavity is not large enough to function properly.

These solutions can be tried right away in your home to see if your sinuses are causing your bad breath.

1) Mouth muscles: Pout your lips like you are going to give someone a big kiss. Now, press your lips together as hard as you can for 45 seconds. As you are doing this, clear your throat several times and you should be able to "break" up any mucus that has been stuck in your nasal and post-nasal areas. What you are doing is flexing your lip muscles, also known as your compressor septi. After 45 seconds of pressing your lips together as hard as possible, did you notice a "burn" in your upper lip? If so, this means you have very weak lip and mouth muscles. When your lip muscles are weak, they drag your nasal cavity down instead of keeping it up and at attention, so to speak. When you drag your nasal cavity down, you are making the area very small and cramped. This allows mucus to become "stuck" in your nose and throat. This also causes a stuffy nose and post nasal drip.

2) Posture: Your posture and head position can directly effect your sinuses and breath. If you sit at the computer a lot, read your phone, or look down a lot, then your head posture is causing problems for you. Lay down on your bed without a pillow so that your spine is completely straight. Look straight up at your ceiling so that your chin and neck are stretched a bit. Hold that position for a few minutes. Clear your throat several times while doing this. Did you notice anything while clearing your throat? Did your drip stop? If so, your head posture is causing your sinuses to give you bad breath.

3) Post-nasal stench: If you have thick mucus going down the back of your throat, then the area it is constantly "sliding" over most likely stinks. This same stench is on the back of your tongue caused by the thick mucus. Your nasopharynx which is in the very back of your nose and beginning of your throat, is most likely the culprit of your stench. Try this odd method to clean that area out. I use Alkalol which you can find on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1e57Mkz This stuff breaks up mucus like there is no tomorrow. It is all natural and makes my sinuses and breath smell fantastic! This is kinda gross, but it works so well. Get a mouthful of the solution and bend over your sink so that your chin is tucked to your neck. This will get the liquid to the very back of your mouth and in your throat. Now, forcefully blow out your nose kinda like you do when you laugh unexpectedly. It's a short burst of air. This will transport the liquid UP your throat, over your nasopharynx, and out your nostrils. It's kinda like a reverse nasal flush. It may take some practice to get this going but once you get it right, the mucus will start to drain quickly. I repeat the flush several times, 3 times a day. I LOVE the sensation the Alkalol gives me. It makes me feel so fresh, which in turn, gives me the confidence I need to talk to people. Try it out! You can do this right away by using a very salty saline (hypertonic) solution with baking soda. You will be able to tell if you feel fresher almost immediately. I suggest you use Alkalol if you benefit from the homemade solution. Alkalol's primary function is to dissolve thick mucus.

4) Adderall: If you research the side effects of Adderall, you will find out that one of them is a clear nose, free of mucus. I was prescribed the minimum dose because my sinus problems were causing me to feel tired and unable to concentrate. The first time I took it, within an hour or so, my sinuses and post nasal drip disappeared. I'm not saying to go out and get prescribed Adderall. It is definitely not for everybody. But, if you can't concentrate, then I would go to your primary doctor and talk to him about it. You will be amazed at how clear your breathing becomes.

So, in conclusion, this is what I do every day to extinguish my bad breath and sinus problems. First thing in the morning I take an Adderall. Then I eat breakfast (no dairy, no coffee, no sugar) I then do neck strengthening and posture exercises. I practice perfect posture with my chest out and head back throughout the day. I flex my mouth muscles by kissing the air while I'm doing my exercises. Next, I brush my teeth with Closys toothpaste, found on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1cCIFV0 Then I scrape my tongue with an Orabrush until there is no coating at all. Then, I do my reverse nasal flushes for 5 minutes or so. Then, I gargle with hot water, a capful of 3% hydrogen peroxide, and 4 drops of peppermint oil.

Again, I avoid all dairy and sugars, as much as possible. Dairy is VERY hard to digest for 95% of adults. When your body can't digest the dairy, it sits in your body and rots. Then it clogs up your lymphatic system which messes EVERYTHING up in your body. I also eat fibrous foods all day long. Green vegetables are the best at keeping your mouth and throat clean. Drink filtered water all day long, too. I drink 95 ounces a day which is one HALF ounce per pound of body weight. You should also look into taking Pearl probiotics with lactoferrin, found on Amazon: http://amzn.to/Nn2oi0 These Pearls are different from the rest of probiotics because they are wrapped in a coating that withstands your stomach juices. This allows the Pearl to get all the way into your intestines and clean up the bacterial mess in your gut. So important for us bad breath sufferers and anybody who wants to stay healthy and happy (your gut contains 80% of your immune system and directly effects your mood and brain health)!

If you don't notice at least a little bit of difference after trying all of these methods combined, then I apologize for wasting your time. But I think the majority of suffers will find relief if these methods are practiced every day.

Good luck!
;)

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for sharing.
I've never really properly attacked my PND, except for a time when I tried to force my doctor to give me different antibiotics to try, thinking I had chronic sinusitis causing my PND. I've got a deviated septum and one side is always soggy and wet when I look into the nostrils with a light. I know how easily my nose turns into a torrent of mucus when I've irritated it or exposed myself to house dust, so that's where it's all originating from and that's all it takes I guess, to end up having a throat with a constant stream of abnormal levels of mucus.

Have you ever tried Alkalol to irrigate your nose from your nostrils?

I'm sure BB is the combined effect of many different things happening at the same time, and every little thing we try to do, like alleviating PND, all help to bring BB levels down.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

When you used Adderall and your mucus dried up, how did that affect your BB? was there an immediate effect on your BB too?
AcesUp311
Total Newbie

Post by AcesUp311 »

You are welcome!

For the longest time, I thought dust allergies were causing my problems, too. But after I was tested for hundreds of different known causes I didn't have ONE single reaction to any of them. I was given every single nose spray medication you can think of. Nothing worked.

I even did the whole elimination diet where all I ate for two months was raw vegetables, fish, and water. I lost 15 pounds! This did help me quite a bit with my mucus production. It wasn't as thick but it didn't get rid of it completely. I still had a white coating on the back of my tongue, so I slowly added different foods back into my diet and never noticed an increase in mucus until I started eating dairy again.

Dairy is the DEVIL! Just don't eat it. It may not completely solve your BB problem but it will help it one way or another.

To answer your question about using Alkalol the conventional way, yes I have tried it and it works quite well. BUT doing the neti style doesn't allow the solution to get to the very back of your nose and top of your throat. That's why I suggest doing the reverse flush. It reaches every part of your mouth, nose, and throat.

I agree with you about our problems being a combination of things. And that's why have found great relief doing ALL of the things I mention in my initial post. You have to attack the problem from every angle you can think of. The only time one solution works is if your tonsils are the source of your bad breath. Other than that, you have to stay on top of the problem with various methods.

Regarding the Adderall, it takes about 45 minutes for the drug to kick in. Before taking Adderall, I noticed if I had been sitting in my office for an extended period of time, and left for a few minutes and come back into the office, I notice a stale 'farty' odor. But ever since I started taking Adderall, if I do the same, I never notice the odor.

I asked a few of my friends who take Adderall about their sinus problems. One of them said he got sinus infections several times a year before taking the drug. Ever since, he hasn't had one single infection. So, I think there is something there with Adderall and mucus.

In my original post, I said the first thing I do when I wake up is take an Adderall. Then I do my routine. What this does is it allows the Adderall to kick in and stop the mucus. THEN I do the reverse flush so the Alkalol can do its thing without all the excess mucus getting in the way. Now it can attack the dry, stagnant mucus that is stuck wherever it's stuck. It's MUCH more effective that way. I hope that makes sense...
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Great post!

If you used Alkalol 3 times a day without Aderrall, would that be enough for your breath to be fresh all day?
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Going to try this reverse irigation now. Interesting stuff.

I've always felt there may be a contortion that I'm missing that prevents me from extending/compressing muscles enough to move mucous.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

AcesUp, thanks for your reply. Lots of interesting information.

Weird how Adderall manages to stop that "farty" smell. There could potentially be some quite complex reasons behind that, beyond just relating to mucus.

Do you find that your tongue dorsum odours reduce proportionally with any reduction in your levels of PND?

Are you lactose intolerant?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
AcesUp311
Total Newbie

Post by AcesUp311 »

Archimonde wrote:Great post!

If you used Alkalol 3 times a day without Aderrall, would that be enough for your breath to be fresh all day?
Thanks!

Yes, if you use Alkalol three times a day, then you should notice a dramatic difference. At least I do. Always do the flush after you eat a meal. Why? Because most of us who have sinus problems also have throat/post nasal structural problems. I am a firm believer in this. So when we eat, some of the food particles we swallow get kinda pushed up into the top of our throats/nasopharynx area. This can cause ALL KINDS of odors. Rotting, partly digested food behind your nose is something most of us would never consider. But doing the reverse flush will clean out all the mucus/food and you will notice a difference.

Again, I am not saying all BB sufferers will benefit from this. But, if you have ANY kind of sinus problem, you will benefit.
AcesUp311
Total Newbie

Post by AcesUp311 »

elliott wrote:Going to try this reverse irigation now. Interesting stuff.

I've always felt there may be a contortion that I'm missing that prevents me from extending/compressing muscles enough to move mucous.
Me too. In my post above I talk about food particles getting stuck up in the throat and behind the nose. I really think this could be the source of bad breath for a lot of people.

Think about it. Sufferers are always complaining that they scrape their tongue, gargle with various solutions, and irrigate their sinuses to no avail, yet they still don't get relief.

The area they are not cleaning is the area where food and mucus get stuck, which give off terrible smells.

Check this link out: http://freehealthtips.org/procedure/janik.php
AcesUp311
Total Newbie

Post by AcesUp311 »

halitosisux wrote:AcesUp, thanks for your reply. Lots of interesting information.

Weird how Adderall manages to stop that "farty" smell. There could potentially be some quite complex reasons behind that, beyond just relating to mucus.

Do you find that your tongue dorsum odours reduce proportionally with any reduction in your levels of PND?

Are you lactose intolerant?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
You are welcome.

Yeah, I am sure there are different reasons why the Adderall is helping me. I am just assuming the mucus is what causes my smell. No stagnant mucus, no smell.

Good question about the tongue coating and PND. I have read on several alternative health websites that the very back of the tongue can tell you a lot about what's going on inside your body. But I think there is an exception to the rule. Most of my tongue is very pink throughout the day, but the very back becomes coated depending on my water intake and the amount of green vegetables I eat. Sometimes I just get lazy and don't drink enough water or eat enough fibrous foods. And sure enough, on those days, the coating appears. But I also have to mention, even though I might have a coating on the back of my tongue, it doesn't necessarily mean my breath is bad. It's strange. Again, that's why I am a firm believer in the whole reverse flush technique. If I stay on top of the flushes throughout the day, I hardly ever notice the smell that I used to always have.

I am not lactose intolerant but I must have a slight reaction to dairy. I do sometimes slip and eat a pizza or have ice cream. I have a sweet tooth, which makes this whole process hard for me. I think sugar is just as addicting as any drug out there, if not more. It's an epidemic in the United States. But that's a whole different topic. But that is why I try not to ever eat dairy and sugar. They just add fuel to the fire.
AcesUp311
Total Newbie

Post by AcesUp311 »

One more thing to add, just to think about.

I think having bad breath is similar to having a disease like Diabetes or HIV. Of course, it's not as severe as those two things, but our breath situation will probably never go away and we will always be susceptible to it coming back IF we don't stay on top of it. That's why it is so important to have a routine of thoroughly cleaning every part of your nose, throat, and mouth.

Always remember to think about those who are less fortunate than you. Those who have a physical difference that gets stares everywhere they go. Those who have to get around on a wheelchair. Those who can't go outside in the sun or they will have a terrible reaction.

We all have our own individual problems we suffer from every single day. You have a choice to live your life to the fullest.

I read on another post that said ever since they have had bad breath, they have noticed who truly loves them in their life. And those who don't love them fade away. Only keep the people who share the same kind of love as you do for them.

Rant over!
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Aces, did you have the kind of BB that gets significantly worse like 12 hours after eating either: sweets, meat, dairy, alcohol ?

Do/did you have partially blocked nostrils, lump in throat, PND?
AcesUp311
Total Newbie

Post by AcesUp311 »

Archimonde wrote:Aces, did you have the kind of BB that gets significantly worse like 12 hours after eating either: sweets, meat, dairy, alcohol ?

Do/did you have partially blocked nostrils, lump in throat, PND?
Yes to all of the above.

If I don't stay on top of the problem it will return with a vengeance the next day. Usually that next morning I have horrible breath.

I forgot to mention this before. When you are doing the reverse flush, as you are blowing the solution out your nose, do the 'kiss' technique at the same time. This will expand your nasal cavity and allow the solution to get to every crevice of your nose and nasopharynx.
thf
Junior

Post by thf »

Thanks for posting your information. I'm just curious about how you came about all of this information, is this your own research? Also, so you just suffer from bb or do you have problems with nasal odor as well?
AcesUp311
Total Newbie

Post by AcesUp311 »

Most of the stuff I do has been on my own trial and error. Nothing was helping me so I just started trying different things and the things I mentioned above work the best for me.

I did an experiment to see if I have nasal odor or not. One night I taped my mouth shut before I went to sleep. My hypothesis was if I sleep the entire night just breathing through my nose, then when I wake up, if I truly have nasal odor then my entire bedroom should smell.

Well, when I woke up, my room smelled the same exact way as it did when I would sleep without my mouth taped shut. Bad. So, I truly believe I have nasal odor, which is caused by the stagnant mucus.

I also think that even though when we talk to people and we get a negative reaction from them, that it could be caused by nasal odor and not from typical bad breath.

Have you ever smelled someone who usually doesn't have bad breath, but after they drink alcohol, their breath smells kinda stale? That's the common form of bad breath. MY bad breath doesn't smell that way. It smells kinda like vomit with a mix of cheese. So I believe that odor is caused by partly digested food particles combined with mucus.

The Alkalol wipes that smell out combined with the reverse flush.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic