Your Email Address:

First Name:

How far does your breath's smell reach?

Tell us your story with bad breath
angst-ridden
Advanced

How far does your breath's smell reach?

Post by angst-ridden »

My BB is caused by bacterial imbalance, and it can be smelled like 14 to 20 steps away especially when I'm hungry or have dry mouth. It even goes out of our house and into the street, so I counted the number of steps. How do I know? The loud comments. My BB smells like morning BB or stale or rotten something most of the time. I only got to smell it once though after I step out of my door and it is strong, imagine smelling the food being cooked by your neighbor. That strong! So I'm sort of doing a survey if rotten/stale smelling BB is the only type that can be smelled at very far distances, or if other BB smells can be smelled too. I think fecal smells can't go that far, only the rotten ones.

TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

when I taught grade school, the kids in the back of the room could smell it sometimes. My breath smells fecal or like rotten eggs or sewage. getting tested for tmau soon. going to try taking molybdenum this week. I have had this for 24 years.
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

What is molybdenum? Google doesn't seem to give much info. Is that a pill?
I think the reason why the smell reaches that far is because we continually breathe, so the smell doesn't really subside unlike farts for example, so it gets concentrated and then travels through the air.
Tony22

Post by Tony22 »

My breath has mainly a fecal smell and it can travel a few feet, no super far.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

My breath can fill a single decker bus. And this is with my mouth trapped shut the whole journey. This is only on very bad days tough.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Have any of you ever smelled your own breath?

Well, that's actually from me on the other side of the planet
Carterjex
Total Newbie

Post by Carterjex »

Be strong and fight and You win
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

on the odd occassion when i'm speaking it will erupt and fill an area and fly across the room.

I remember one occassion talking and guy was making gestures as if to ask have i shit myself.

then a couple of minutes later a loud shriek from the OTHER END of a big room "JESUS WHO'S FARTED" and they pointed to me, great.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
forced2balone

Post by forced2balone »

I'm very bad at judging distances, but I think my breath can travel at least the length of two parked cars or more. I cannot smell my breath but I think it smells fecal. A friend of mine at work will occasionally give me a ginger ale and twice he has given me a chocolate candy bar. maybe he thinks I have an upset stomach or need to have a bm. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. I am so damaged from this bb problem that I have a built in defense mechanism, that I make up excuses for people reactions and comments. How many sodas can I drink? I don't want a soda I stopped drinking sodas. I prefer water
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@forced2balone

ginger ale?
chocolate candy bar?
soda?

You think people are offering you snacks because of BB? What does offering snacks have anything to do with BB? You're jumping to conclusions. They're being nice people, sharing food is a thing in all cultures since the dawn of time.

If someone has BB, they get offered gum, not junk food.
nikon

Post by nikon »

I remember one time people are saying things in my former office. I think it reach up to 5-6 meters radius. For a long time, elevators are a no-no, I'd go to work during non-peak hours when very few people are using the elevators.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic