Your Email Address:

First Name:

found solution for my 20 yrs chronic bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
dan

Post by dan »

Hello. I found some tamarind at an Asian store and bought some. However, its 'sweet tamarind'. Does that work as well? Or should I be buying a different (or sour) version?
thanks

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

dan wrote:Hello. I found some tamarind at an Asian store and bought some. However, its 'sweet tamarind'. Does that work as well? Or should I be buying a different (or sour) version?
thanks
I doubt it makes a difference. I mean, you're gonna eat sugar from other food anyway. Don't go crazy on Tamarind at 1st, i got diarrhea (just once) yesterday from taking too much of it.
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

I eat tamarind sometimes. Never knew it could be beneficial to my bad breath. I will try it in its juice form and eat it in its natural form more often.

Thanks op.
nightmare
works for a while

Post by nightmare »

It took a while but I found tamarind in a concentrated form. I mixed and drank 1/3 of the can in water 1/2 hour before dinner, 1/3 during dinner, and a 1/3, 1/2 hour after dinner, I felt a little burning after the last glass but went away in a short period of time . 2 hours later, halimeter reading was 70, Wow. Next mourning reading was up to 150. Bummer. I tried HCL a while back and never got burning after taking 6, so I didn't continue. Anyway, for the last week I have taken HCL with every meal, about 8, and a few hours later the halimeter readings are always 70 or lower. But it does slowing go back up, between 130-300 depending on what I eat. Taken enough HCL or tamarind will give me a few hours of relief. I think I need to find out why I have low gastric acid?
james2
Total Newbie

Post by james2 »

@nightmare

Yes that is also my case. I should use tamarind daily, if i stop it next morning I get the bad breath again. It is possible that we are lucking enough hydrochloric acid or other enzymes.

But Tamarind does not give me burning sensation-

@Archimonde

I see here that you did buy tamarind so do you see any differnce? Please report if you see improvement or not.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I bought it in natural form in a box. Not sure yet because it takes effort to eat them out the shell, for 3 days I had a few... nothing. I stopped.

For whatever reason, 5 days after, I lost the rancid sour tonsil stone fluid taste from the back of the throat. Very obvious. It was simply 100% gone. Now I had caught Kombucha on sale 3 days earlier, and drank 6 servings over a 3 day period, so i'm not sure what made the difference.

During those days, same reactions one day, but oddly, 2 days later, certain people were getting a little closer. Coincidence most likely, I need more time and data. Not the first time I had relieved my throat taste, but having no impact on reaction, so that is to be noted, however there is a confidence just in having a fresh taste, so it is still worth the mental break.
betterdays

Post by betterdays »

elliott wrote:I bought it in natural form in a box. Not sure yet because it takes effort to eat them out the shell, for 3 days I had a few... nothing. I stopped.

For whatever reason, 5 days after, I lost the rancid sour tonsil stone fluid taste from the back of the throat. Very obvious. It was simply 100% gone. Now I had caught Kombucha on sale 3 days earlier, and drank 6 servings over a 3 day period, so i'm not sure what made the difference.

During those days, same reactions one day, but oddly, 2 days later, certain people were getting a little closer. Coincidence most likely, I need more time and data. Not the first time I had relieved my throat taste, but having no impact on reaction, so that is to be noted, however there is a confidence just in having a fresh taste, so it is still worth the mental break.

How did you get rid of the taste before?
ItsgoingtobeOK

Post by ItsgoingtobeOK »

hmmm,, that's interesting.
We almost always have Tamarind in our kitchen. We occasionally use it in foods to get a little sour flavor.
There are a couple of snacks we make that have plain yogurt, gram flour balls, chopped parsley, mint, coriander, chilli pepper and large amount of Tamarind.

In the traditional South Asian medicine, Tamarind is also used for better digestion and to bring a cooling/soothing effect on the stomach.

A friend's wife recently brought us a bunch of home grown organic Tamarind from India. It's ripped and extremely powerful and will definitely result in sore throat infection if taken raw. I will make a diluted juice and add three glasses to my daily routine.

Wouldn't hurt if a single glass could give relief for four hours.

Let me get back to you on this one.
ItsgoingtobeOK

Post by ItsgoingtobeOK »

Nope, doesn't work for me.
A glass of Tamarind juice before every meal for two days gave me IBS.
faith59
Junior

Tamarind Extract

Post by faith59 »

I haven't posted in a long time, but was reading what James said about Tamarind juice. I bought the Tamarind extract from Amazon thru this forum. It's made by SACRED MEDICINE SANCUTUARY. It's a small bottle for $20 but you just squeeze about 20 or 30 drops in your mouth and drink some water or just drink it directly from the bottle. Also bought some friom Whole Foods in a small jar that I just spoon in my mouth and then drink water with it. Each about 3 times a day.

I have to say I definelty feel a difference after about 3 days. No reactions from people. It's been about 2 weeks and my mouth and breath seem better. No stares from people when I talk to them.

I'm drinking a smoothie for lunch right now and I scrap my tongue in the back and I'm not getting any smell . So hopefully this a miracle for us. [-o< [-o<

http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Medicine-S ... nd+extract
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

very happy for you faith59, please keep us posted!!
jamesmcavoy

hi

Post by jamesmcavoy »

I tried .i have pure type 1 .
Got diahrea
nightmare
low ph is working!

Post by nightmare »

With a little help from metronidazole I think I'm getting closer. Tamarind will give relief for a short period of time. Made a MD appt. and told him that Tamarind, HCL or Metronidazole all have given some relief. I asked if he thought Metro / HCL together might be worth a shot. I found several articles on gastric ph and bacteria. A ph of 2.5 or less will kill bacteria. The stomach only produces acid when food is in there. Anyway I took 1 500mg metro a day and 6-12 HCL caps with meals, 2 HCL caps or a glass of Tamarind every hour between meals for 3 weeks. I still take the HCL and drink Tamarind. Its been over a month without the metro and I am BB free! I think the metro is only active in gastric acid for a short period of time. With just Metro the bad bacteria hides until its free to come out. By adding HCL/Tamarind the bad bacteria doesn't have a chance when it comes out, least that what I think. Attach are some good articles on low ph killing bacteria.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16914658
http://gut.bmj.com/content/43/suppl_1/S56.full.pdf
https://microbewiki.kenyon.edu/index.php/Stomach
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic