Your Email Address:

First Name:

Verbal come backs when you are accused of having BB.

Tell us your story with bad breath
ItsgoingtobeOK

Verbal come backs when you are accused of having BB.

Post by ItsgoingtobeOK »

I was over hearing a conversation between a group of a few black college students in New York.

One said to another, "Man your breath stinks !!"
The accused quickly went thru an 'initial shock and coming out of it' process (perhaps in less than half a second) and replied in a very confident and totally worry free tone by slightly shrugging off his shoulders, "I don't care!, If you don't like my breath that's YOUR problem".

I thought thru it and I think perhaps there are days when I think the same to relieve myself after constantly thinking about my BB, "If someone doesn't like my breath that's their problem".

--------------------------------

Another dialog between 3rd grade school girls that I heard a few years ago while I was working in a retail outlet.

One said to another, "Your breath stinks".
The accused quickly and sharply replied, "Oh yeah??? Let me smell yours!"

This immediately put the accuser on the back-foot, the girl who was accused got herself got face-to-face with the accuser and was ready for the accuser to open her mouth for a breath test, so that she could make a loud sound of "EEEWWWWW". The accuser saw this coming so she never opened her mouth and changed the topic in a low self esteem as if saying, "OK-forget it" in a lost cause.

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

I have days when I'm completely fed up and just speak freely not giving 2 shits about what someone's response to my breath is going to be. Its gets to be too much after a while. I feel like I'm driving myself crazy always looking for reactions and trying to interpret them.

Some days... most days I do care and I keep my distance and verbal communication to a minimum.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I can never think "that's their problem" because if I'm offending someone I don't give a damn about, it also means I'm offending the gal that's trying to start up a conversation with me because from a distance, she likes what she doesn't smell.

It's always a painful reminder for me. Always.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic