Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad Breath - Unknown causes possible?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
BBad

Bad Breath - Unknown causes possible?

Post by BBad »

Hello,

I have fecal BB which I can smell myself.

Right now, I don't know what to do next. I have done Tonsillectomy, Endoscopy, HP Test, Sibo Test, Turbinate reduction and correction of septum - and my teeth are perfect.

I was diagnosed with autoimmune gastritis and an opened LES (also I have some PND) though I don't think this is the cause of the BB.

What should I get tested for next? Is it possible, that BB comes from bacteria on the back of the tongue and hasn't any cause, or is genetic? The interesting thing is that if I take amoxicillin/metronidazole = flagyl my BB disappears for the period I am taking it.

Tried all diets, nothing helped. I would appreciate SOOO much any hint of what could be a possible cause to get tested for it ... THERE JUST MUST BE SOMETHING lol.

nikon

Post by nikon »

Hi,

You say you have PND, may I know whats causing that?

Now here's what I can say. PND can cause bb, the mucous can get stuck at the back of your tongue and throat and can become breeding ground for bacteria. Don't believe those BS about the tongue as a sole source of bb. To loosen the mucous, you can drink warm water or eat fruits like banana as what you can search from google.

PND, as what my ENT said, can cause acid reflux. And when you have acid reflux, thats instant bb, or could be another source for nourishment for those damn bacteria in your throat or mouth.

In my opinion, and i think ive read this somewhere online too, PND can also cause tonsilloliths. Those nasty smelly stuff sticking in your tonsils. I had them and no doctor told me, had to figure that myself. Then I kinda forced mu doctor to have my tonsils removed.

And then theres the source of all evil, where PND starts. Sinuses can get infected, blocked then infected again and you'll have your seatmate's favorite aroma coming out of your nose.

So yeah, you need to deal with whatever problem your sinuses are having. PND will be easier to deal with after that.
BBad

Post by BBad »

I suspect the PND to be a symptom of my chronic gastritis and losened LES where those gases can stream up into the nose and irritate it.
nikon

Post by nikon »

If you have chronic gastritis which is also causing PND, then that is probably causing your halitosis. I dunno about LES though.

In my case, I have PND because of chronic allergic rhinitis. Whenever I am having the allergy, I'd take antihistamine and prazole. That seems to help a lot. I am also doing nasal irrigation.

I have this problem since 2003, and after 10 years, I am able to do something about it. I have wasted enough time, money and effort trying to fix or improve this at least.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic