Your Email Address:

First Name:

About cig, e-cig and nicotine

Tell us your story with bad breath
NoMoreNicotine
Total Newbie

About cig, e-cig and nicotine

Post by NoMoreNicotine »

I wanted to share my short bb story with y'all hoping to help those who had similar experience like mine a little bit. I was a cigarette smoker for about 6 years, I didnt really notice a bb except of course the times after I smoked. Couple weeks ago I decided to quit smoking and start vaping (vaporizer/e-cigs). Everything about it seemed attractive, harmless cig smoking like experience, different delicious flavors, being able to mod your vaporizer even the nicotine level in your e-juice. Sounded perfect.

Shortly after I started vaping my right tonsil became bigger and a little sore. I stopped vaping and got a different flavor with lower nicotine level (6mg/ml), and my tonsil went back to normal. Now for the last week or so I noticed this bad rotten smell on my saliva and tongue. I couldnt obviously get the bb, but the smell on the back of my tongue was undoubtedly there. I wasnt sure if i always had this smell or it is a recent thing, but one of my dates already went bad... Anyways. Immediately started reading online I tried to find the cause of this smell. Got myself lots of new mouth cleaning products, a neti pot, mouth and nose sprays, tongue cleaner etc. Used them for a couple days however the bad smell was still there.

Later I started to think about what recently changed in my life that this bb became an issue - I dont remember having this before, neither any of my dates said anything about it. And I found a reason: Vaping! I made a little search online and figured not only tobacco products/cigarettes are a bad news for your mouth health but so is nicotine in them itself. Nicotine reduces the blood flow to your mouth, meaning less oxygen goes to the white bloodcells in your mouth and this obstructs these bloodcells to properly fight off the bad breath causing bacterias in your mouth, as well as slows down the saliva production. And this led me to believe the cause of my bad breath is actually nicotine itself!

Long story short, shortly after I figured this theory, I came on here and made this post to let you know that I'm going to stop vaping and using nicote of any sort, buy hydrogen peroxide and rinse my mouth with it to kill the bacterias with oxygen for a couple days and give y'all an update. Hopefully I'm right about this and going to treat this issue.

Sorry if this post was made before, I didnt come across anything so I wanted to carry this out myself.