Your Email Address:

First Name:

How I cured my Bad Breath.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

dollymary1 wrote:Hi! What a lovely post, I'm so glad another one of us is cured! I had a tonsillectomy nearly a year ago, I was convinced this was the cause of my bad breath, it didn't work for me though :(
Tung brush sounds like a great product for me, my tongue is HEAVILY yellow/white coated at any point in the day no matter how much I brush it. You said it made your tongue soft? My tongue is really textured and sort of carpet like or hairy, was your tongue like this before too?
Thank you! I'm so happy for you
Hi!
My tongue was exactly like you describe, it is hairy and like a carpet. I think it is one anatomical problem that makes us more susceptible to bb than other people though I don't know if normal people's tongues are like that too or not.
Yes in the beginning my tongue would hurt a little (it has very hard bristles compared to other brushes) and be sensitive after using the TUNG brush and sometimes even bleed a little at some spots. But after a few weeks it would be much easier to clean and the results were much better and of course completely painless. I believe it also made that part of the tongue softer which is what probably made it easier to clean. I even used regular toothbrush for a few days at a time when I was away and didn't have my TUNG brush with me and the results where just as good because of that.
The main difference of the TUNG brush with all the useless TUNG scrapers (and those come in a lot of different shapes and variations) is that the latter just scrape the surface. On the other hand the tung brush would somehow suck all the gunk out of the hairy area of my tongue. Apply some toothpaste (a little more than a grain of rice - or you can use the TUNG gel, I was using regular baking soda toothpaste after finishing the first tung gel tube and the results were just as good for me), use it in circular motions and all the crap from the tongue (that white stuff along with a lot of mucus that apparently gets stuck inside those "hairs" of the tongue) gets sucked into the bristles of the brush, just rinse it under water and repeat. After a few times my tongue was almost completely pink. Now after my tonsillectomy my tongue doesn't get nearly as much white crap as before so I stopped using the TUNG brush overall and just brush it for half a minute with a regular toothbrush after brushing my teeth and the results are great. But before getting my tonsils out, the TUNG brush is what gave me a social life and that's why I'm recommending it to everyone in this thread, who knows maybe it helps someone else too :)
Last edited by noptical on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

noptical wrote:
dollymary1 wrote:Hi! What a lovely post, I'm so glad another one of us is cured! I had a tonsillectomy nearly a year ago, I was convinced this was the cause of my bad breath, it didn't work for me though :(
Tung brush sounds like a great product for me, my tongue is HEAVILY yellow/white coated at any point in the day no matter how much I brush it. You said it made your tongue soft? My tongue is really textured and sort of carpet like or hairy, was your tongue like this before too?
Thank you! I'm so happy for you
Hi!
My tongue was exactly like you describe, it is hairly and like a carpet. I think it is one anatomical problem that makes us more susceptible to bb than other people though I don't know if normal people's tongues are like that too or not.
Yes in the beginning my tongue would hurt a little (it has very hard bristles compared to other brushes) and be sensitive after using the TUNG brush and sometimes even bleed a little at some spots. But after a few weeks it would be much easier to clean and the results were much better and of course completely painless. I believe it also made that part of the tongue softer which is what probably made it easier to clean. I even used regular toothbrush for a few days at a time when I was away and didn't have my TUNG brush with me and the results where just as good because of that.
The main difference of the TUNG brush with all the useless TUNG scrapers (and those come in a lot of different shapes and variations) is that the latter just scrape the surface. On the other hand the tung brush would somehow suck all the gunk out of the hairy area of my tongue. Apply some toothpaste (a little more than a grain of rice - or you can use the TUNG gel, I was using regular baking soda toothpaste after finishing the first tung gel tube and the results were just as good for me), use it in circular motions and all the crap from the tongue (that white stuff along with a lot of mucus that apparently gets stuck inside those "hairs" of the tongue) gets sucked into the bristles of the brush, just rinse it under water and repeat. After a few times my tongue was almost completely pink. Now after my tonsillectomy my tongue doesn't get nearly as much white crap as before so I stopped using the TUNG brush overall and just brush it for half a minute with a regular toothbrush after brushing my teeth and the results are great. But before getting my tonsils out, the TUNG brush is what gave me a social life and that's why I'm recommending it to everyone in this thread, who knows maybe it helps someone else too :)
Dr Dailey's theory..
ttylxman

Post by ttylxman »

So I got the TUNG brush a few days ago and wow. I've been scraping for a decade and it's almost laughable how ineffective the scrapers are compared to this brush. It's truly amazing.

It practically shreds the top layer of your tongue off and leaves it nice and smooth and pink. You can tell they knew exactly what they were doing when they made it. It reaches so far back without causing me to gag as well.

So far my breath has improved about 50% and I hope it'll keep getting better. It works REALLY well with chlorhexidine and also with iodine. Hydrogen peroxide would also do the trick I'm sure.

I'm going to start rinsing my sinuses again and see if I can finally start living my life. I still expect to have to get a tonsillectomy before any sort of cure is possible though.

Thank you so much Noptical.
kite

Post by kite »

Folks,

Looks like another ray of hope.

Could any of you advise which TUNG brush you all use.

Thanks
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

noptical wrote:
dollymary1 wrote:
Hi!
My tongue was exactly like you describe, it is hairy and like a carpet. I think it is one anatomical problem that makes us more susceptible to bb than other people though I don't know if normal people's tongues are like that too or not.
Hey, I think we might be onto something here. You hear of tons of people on this site who have had tonsilectomys and not been cured, the Hairy tongue thing may be the reason why tonsilectomys are so hit and miss. Perhaps you have to remove the crap from your tongue before the tonsilectomy takes effect.

Obviously this won't work for everyone but at least it's something to consider. I'm definitely going to order a Tung brush, even if they just control your breath until you find the real cause it's worth it!

Thanks again for your original post!
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

dollymary1 wrote:
noptical wrote: Hey, I think we might be onto something here. You hear of tons of people on this site who have had tonsilectomys and not been cured, the Hairy tongue thing may be the reason why tonsilectomys are so hit and miss. Perhaps you have to remove the crap from your tongue before the tonsilectomy takes effect.

Obviously this won't work for everyone but at least it's something to consider. I'm definitely going to order a Tung brush, even if they just control your breath until you find the real cause it's worth it!

Thanks again for your original post!
I don't think its the hairy tongue alone that causes the problem, because that would make a lot of people have bad bb like us. I think it is a combination of many things. In my case it probably was constant PND, along with bad tonsils and hairy tongue that would catch all the mucous and let the bacteria grow. That's why having my tonsils removed reduced the crap producing bacteria at that are so much that my breath is great :).
ttylxman wrote:So I got the TUNG brush a few days ago and wow. I've been scraping for a decade and it's almost laughable how ineffective the scrapers are compared to this brush. It's truly amazing.
I'm happy that it worked for you :) This is the exact feeling I had when I started using the TUNG brush after trying useless tongue scrapers for months.
kite wrote:Folks,

Looks like another ray of hope.

Could any of you advise which TUNG brush you all use.

Thanks
TUNG brush is its brand name, or more precisely "Dr Wieders TUNG brush". Not sure if there are any copycats with a similar name and how effective they are compared to the original.
If you're in the US you can buy it from their official website: http://www.tungbrush.com/shop/
They also have 4packs etc but I think you'll be fine with only 1, a single brush can last you a year if not more.
If you're not from the US there are plenty of online shops that sell it, even on ebay. Report back with results :)
kite

Post by kite »

TUNG brush is its brand name, or more precisely "Dr Wieders TUNG brush". Not sure if there are any copycats with a similar name and how effective they are compared to the original.
If you're in the US you can buy it from their official website: http://www.tungbrush.com/shop/
They also have 4packs etc but I think you'll be fine with only 1, a single brush can last you a year if not more.
If you're not from the US there are plenty of online shops that sell it, even on ebay. Report back with results Smile
Thanks for the info, i have ordered the brush now, will keep updated how it works.

I want to try Pepto Bismul too as being discussed in another thread, but not now since i am Breast feeding my baby, hope one of this cures our BB. i will try the same with my 9 yrs old kid too, since he has been having same problem just like me but not as severe as mine, i know it starts at less severe just like mine was when i was his age & came to this severe :cry:
Anita
Total Newbie

Post by Anita »

noptical: before you had BO too?

the stones appeared only once? or always appeared? previously only used the TUNG? not gargle?

tks!
sorry using google translate XD
Anita
Total Newbie

Post by Anita »

kite: Does BB is hereditary? Try to compare the things they have in common to find the cause.
kite

Post by kite »

Anita wrote:kite: Does BB is hereditary? Try to compare the things they have in common to find the cause.
I am not sure if its heriditary. In my case my father's side MY grandmother had it, her both sons ie my father & his brother had BB, his daughter i have BB, my immediate elder sister has a milder BB, but none of my any other sis or brother have BB, my mother never had BB . now my 10 yrs old kid has BB since he is 6 yrs old. ](*,)

I ordered Tung brush & started using it since last friday my BB looks lot better i feel its better when i use gel to brush. If i just brush my toung using just plain paste its not that effective, hope i remains better as long as i use it
Anita
Total Newbie

Post by Anita »

great.
I can not wait to get my Tung, but as I am in Brazil will take to arrive.
I'm hopeful
ttylxman

Post by ttylxman »

So far the brush + gel is working well but definitely not a cure. Still struggling with PND as I feared, feels like I really need to deal with that first and foremost.

The brush is making me gag now for some reason.. Yesterday I threw up in the shower while using it. I'll now only use it before meals while my stomach is still empty. Not a big deal, I mean as far as tongue cleaners go it still makes me gag less than any others.

Might be buying a few more just to see if replacing them frequently works better. The brush feels a bit softer now but that might just be my tongue getting used to it.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Anita wrote:noptical: before you had BO too?

the stones appeared only once? or always appeared? previously only used the TUNG? not gargle?

tks!
sorry using google translate XD
Nope never had BO.

I was constantly removing the stones and they wold reappear after a week or so.

Not sure what you mean with your last question. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic