Your Email Address:

First Name:

Best jobs for people with bad breath?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
coconuthead
Advanced

Best jobs for people with bad breath?

Post by coconuthead »

You know, jobs that aren't as stressful. Jobs that requires little social contact as possible, because I really need a part-time job. I've been unemployed since December. I quit because I couldn't handle it, so now I'm only attending school. I worked in a department store as a sales associate, and it was awful. I had no choice but to talk, and I usually talk behind my hands (I couldn't do that anymore). I find that it hurts more when people talk about your bad breath behind your back rather than in your face. I've overheard my co-workers talk about how bad my breath smelled on several occasions. One even said "and gum doesn't work. I offered her gum and her breath melted it", like WTF? And customers aren't any kinder. They scrunch up their nose and give you that "how dare you?" look. It became the last straw when 3 of my co-workers were standing there just talking about me. The stuff that was coming out of their mouth was so damn hurtful.They had no clue I was on the other side. I walked by and they burst out laughing. It was so damn humiliating. I literally wanted to cry, then walk over and slap them across the head with the sharp end of the price tag gun. I quit after that, which I regret.

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

I would say tele-customer service related jobs are the best. I am lucky that my job, I have my own cubicle and don't have to interact with clients face to face.

However, since its a team... there is still some minimal interaction with co-workers required. I am currently looking to start my own business, so I wont have to deal with this.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Dam, if people can only smell you when face to face you guys are in the lucky circle of BB sufferers. Give me a few hours I can fill the area with a smell. Sick to death of this life I lead currently. People think I'm a freak, they get in my face to talk and I'm looking away or finding ways not to offend them with my BB. Life sucks I just want normality. I gotta another month to wait for a procedure, failing that I'm gonna get all 4 wisdoms out.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

sorry to hear that fedup :(

but yea I think I have Type 1 BB. I already have all my wisdom extracted and it made no difference fyi
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

Anything creative where you can freelance. Get creative and sell your work. It is not fulfilling to do something like telemarketing or customer service. Use your talents to actually create things like art, design, writings, software, music, etc. There are also many crowdsourcing sites you can make some money but of course there will be lots of competition. Just like anything you do, if you work hard at it the money will follow.
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

StillHoping wrote:sorry to hear that fedup :(

but yea I think I have Type 1 BB. I already have all my wisdom extracted and it made no difference fyi
Type 1 BB? So, there's different types?
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

Anything creative where you can freelance. Get creative and sell your work. It is not fulfilling to do something like telemarketing or customer service. Use your talents to actually create things like art, design, writings, software, music, etc. There are also many crowdsourcing sites you can make some money but of course there will be lots of competition. Just like anything you do, if you work hard at it the money will follow.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

well according to dr Aydın Murat. Here is the link listing all the different types of BB

www.badbreathhalitosis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2814
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesmcavoy

Re: Best jobs for people with bad breath?

Post by jamesmcavoy »

I wonder why i did my engineering becaus i am not able to get an engineers job .
really i hope to god to give me a job i am looking for or the one i want ..
jamesmcavoy

Re: Best jobs for people with bad breath?

Post by jamesmcavoy »

I wonder why i did my engineering becaus i am not able to get an engineers job .
really i hope to god to give me a job i am looking for or the one i want ..
tieuvodanh

jobs

Post by tieuvodanh »

Farmer is the best. Only you in some hectares. Or forest ranger, landscaping (like some Mex guys mowing grass, picking trash...). If you go to university, you'll see some guys doing cleaning jobs at night shift from 10pm-6am.
david

Post by david »

You can work at home.

you can write or take picture, blogging, making programs/games, typing, data entry, etc. Find it freelance website.

btw, what do you love about? i think you should have one, maybe reading or something.. :D

and good luck for your job.
Miffy90
Total Newbie

Post by Miffy90 »

I know this is an old post but just thought i'd add my thoughts because this is something I think about a lot seeing as I've recently come to accept I may well have this condition indefinitely. Being a student i've always had retail jobs which are so hard to have when you have bb because customers are literally in your face the WHOLE TIME!! I've never had any complaints thankgod because I literally stuff my face full of mints the whole day, but its still pretty stressful and emotionally exhausting. Last summer I started a bit of work in a warehouse to help out a family friend - picking and packing and checking in orders etc, and it was soooo nice not to have to worry about customers coming up to me, as i was pretty much just left alone to get on with it. Once I was back at Uni I started looking for stockroom jobs in London and got one in a shop for a few hours a week. (In the interview they kept asking me why I didn't want to be a sales assistant because I was perfect for it and it was more money but I point blank refused - I would literally rather have no money than work on a shop floor again!) Anyway I'm about 2 months into the job and so far so good - I just potter around the stockroom putting away orders and sorting out the stock etc and i genuinely enjoy it. To be honest even if I didn't have bb i'd prefer this to customer service anyway because customers can be dicks! So stockroom or warehouse jobs could be a good option if your trying to stay away from too much human contact at work. For my long term plan I'm currently writing a novel and I paint - whether or not I actually make any money from them is another thing hahah, but I enjoy them anyway! Also another comment said about farming and this is something I would love to do - i worked on a few farms when I went traveling in Australia and loved it, but I don't think i'd ever actually be able to get a job doing it - especially being a 100 pound girl! But I've been thinking recently that i'd like to aim to own a house with enough land to own some chickens and to have a large enough veg patch to become partly self sufficient - if I ever get the chance to move out of my parents house once I finish Uni - damn the house prices in England!
jiazzsy
Junior

Post by jiazzsy »

Hi Miffy...where are you based in England...I sent you a pm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic