Your Email Address:

First Name:

What do we all have in common - may help us

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
fedup99
Total Newbie

What do we all have in common - may help us

Post by fedup99 »

I have been reading through the forum for some time now and it seems we all have something in common BB. The thing is we have so much more in common that we are ignoring and may all have the cure in front of our eyes.

I am going to list everything i have that could cause BB and would be grateful if others could too, There for we will see if there is something that stands out.

1. I have had a tonsilectomy ( not adenoids ) BB stopped for a month then returned.

2. I have 4 silver fillings. ( a doctor told me that Bacteria is trapped beneath these causing the bad breath, He said Dentist's wont admit as liable for court cases )

3. 2 white fillings.

4. a bridge ( has black around the bottom , gets smelly when dont floss )

5. yellow creamy mark around old tonsil crater

6. tongue is pink not that bad in morning, was horrible before tonsilectomy was white.

7. have a part denture but had problem before that

8. Cannot smell my own breath

NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

1) Creamy fluid from tonsil crypts <-----tonsils since removed with the exception of some tiny crypts on the right. No longer get visible stones
Breath was perfect for about 2 months following the tonsillectomy
2) Constant throat mucus, worse right after eating. It's not PND. The mucus just sort of appears in the throat.
3) Food particles stuck in throat that need to be spit out after eating. (not a clean swallow)
4) I can smell my own breath and I know it is realy bad when I can smell it in my nose which is usualy in the mornings when the throat mucus has dried.
5) Tongue is much pinker since tonsil removal
6) Breath used to get better after antibiotics. Now they make it worse.

Our common symptoms are in bold and I would encourage others to do the same. Perhaps the years of tonsil stones has created A toxic environment in the oral/pharangeal areas?
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

1. BB confirmed around age 10 [I'm 28 now]
2. One parent and sibling also have BB
3. My oral care was extremely poor as a child, it only got better when I became obsessive as an adult
4. My BB is sort of sour smelling, sometimes kinda like vinegar
5. Also suffer from tongue coating, my mouth is completely white in the morning
5a. fyi I am currently experimenting with removing Dairy products from my diet and have noticed that my tongue can go to bright pink [no scraping needed] within only 2 days of not eating Dairy
6. I have multiple fillings as a result of cavities; I believe they are white. But these were put in way after my BB was confirmed
7. Also have PND
8. Throat mucus after eating
9. Might possibly also have GERD - currently looking into this
10. I can definitely smell my own breath
fedup99
Total Newbie

Post by fedup99 »

I forgot to mention during my teens and early 20's until 26 i had really bad pains from my appendix this was a daily thing although i never got it checked out ! The pain stopped when i got the BB ? Coincidence ? I also have darker ear wax in my left ear its slmost dark like treacle
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

I have read so many of users post where their bb started around age 11. Thats when mine started as well...

This is a great thread..I am thinking most of us have something in common that led us to this condition..cant figure out what it is though...

Did you guys have any accidents as a kid which led to major surgery?? I wonder antibiotics I took as a kid after the surgery has anything to do with this.
fedup99
Total Newbie

Post by fedup99 »

I was kicked in the mouth around the time my BB started - My lip was split by my tooth. A friend said to me " you fecking breath stank really bad during the healing process " not long after i recieved the room filler !! 80% sure im not that much of a room filler since tonsilectomy but who knows ? maybe my circle of people know its me so top mentioning it. A doctor told me he had known people addicted or having large amounts of crunchy peanut butter which caused BB in later life - he statedthat the crunchy peanuts would stick in crevises and any gap in mouth , tonsil crypts and down throat where there are many more crypts unreachable = bacteria thrives on it causing horrible stench as it calcifies.
ijwbtrma

Post by ijwbtrma »

I also developed bb around age 11/12.... anyone else suffer from fungal infection in nails or anywhere else as a kid? or have apnea a few times a year?
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

ijwbtrma wrote:I also developed bb around age 11/12.... anyone else suffer from fungal infection in nails or anywhere else as a kid? or have apnea a few times a year?
i think i have fungus in my feet as my nails are a little greenish. Also suffer from a lot of dandruff.

some other things that may be of note:

-do not blow my nose often and do not pick my nose

-had poor oral hygiene and missed brushing many days as a child

-had a root canal

-used to have a "bubble" in my gums that i used to pop/deflate with my tongue and this stinky substance used to emit from it (probably pre-teen or teen years)
Sandy.H
Total Newbie

Post by Sandy.H »

I think it started around 12

1)- had tonsillectomy, because my tonsil had lots of tonsils stone. Didn't change anything at all

2)-I have a rare autoimmune disease which make me have a LOT of mouth ulcers and other unrelated symptoms

3)-sometimes i get a sudden metallic taste in my mouth

4)-I'm pretty sure i have candida

5)-Really bad digestive system.

6)-Pnd. often yellow and dark color coming from my nasal area

7)-Tongue is pink

8 ) -Naturopath told me that my lymphatic system is clogged up

9) Had root canal twice and several fixed caries. Even though I had really good oral hygiene since i was a kid.
My sister is a dental hygienist and she once told me that some people are more prone to dental cavity even if they take good care of their teeth because of the chemistry of their saliva. It made me think there must be something wrong with mine since i get tones of mouth ulcers and problem with my teeth even if i keep them clean. But all my caries are fixed and in good condition.
MyhopeSomeday25

Post by MyhopeSomeday25 »

1. I don't have to say a word.. I have Nasal odor as well as mouth
2. Had H plylori ..got rid of it though
3. Had low vitamin D in the past... but I now take vitamins for it
4. I had low blood sugar once many years ago
5. Bad breath started early 20's ..23-24 to be exact.. Never had issues as a teen or child
6. Feel like it began after having a root canal done
7. My breath at times can reach feet away and other times no odor at all
8. I can't smell my own breath
9. My tongue is white majority of the time
10. Have a teeth in front that looks bad but my dentist said its good.. it was saved and won't take it out .. I thought about taking it out myself lol
11. Have 3 wisdom teeth that need to come out
12. Always had weight issues..up and down
13. My tonsils are super small..rarely get tonsil stones..
14. Had bad stomach aches as a kid... getting rid of the hplylori cured it
15. Seems like when I eat better and/or fast.. I don't get that look often and sometimes not at all.. Which is why I feel it's my digestive tract but I don't get how such bad breath can go from stomach to nose and mouth even the next day..
16. Still have my tonsils and adenoids
17. Have chronic post nasal drip
18. The look that i get from people are the worse, they act like a corpse was put in their faces ..they have to immediately hold their nose... yet like I said..I have never smelled my own breath..amazing isnt it...????
mak_123

Post by mak_123 »

1. i have bb as long as i can remember. i got the first critic when i was 4 from very close relatives.

2. here is the worst thing about bb. I HAVE BB trought nose apart from mouth (i belive that those who dont have nasal odor dont have bb because when you breathe its the same breath that you breathe out of your mouth. so basically what i am trying to say is that those with no nasal bb dont have bb!! that is my opinion ) prove me if i am wrong

3. i think mine is genetically passed. i have 2 members of my familly that have bb when you get near them.

4. my bb increases when i am under stress, dehydrated and hungry. !!

5. my mouth gets dry very fast. my tonque is white and i think i have candida. i use tonque scaper but the white thing doesnt go away.

6. i have the worst bb in the mornings. i brush my teeth but its useless. pnd gets sore trought night and i think that is increasing bb.

7.h.pylory from feces and blood came negative. last year i did tonsilectomy ( lingual and palatine tonsils no relief at all!! ). no diabetes.

8.did ct scan on sinuses and mri but everything is ok. (devided septum and a cyst in maxilary sinus but doc said its not the cause for bb)

9.went to gastrologyst did gastroscopy and echotomography everything is ok exept gastritis wich doc said its not the cause of bb. right now i think it may be SIBO ( hope it's not :'( )

if i can remember on smth else i will add.
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

This thread needs more love.

Most of us have some kind of connections especially if our symptoms are similar.

My BB started around 11.

I have strong nasal odor and the condition of my BB varies depending on what I eat. But it's not a room filler.

My BB gets worse when I exercise or being nervous due to interacting with ppl. Drinking water during these times only seem to aggregate the problem.

I had a car accident when I was 7 and was hospitalized for 2 months..during thesee times..I was prescribed to antibiotics and other pills.

Severe nose bleed problem around age 10. One night the bleeding won't stop so I was rushed to the hospital where they cauterized one side of my nose. It was very painful and smelt funny.

Terrible digestive system. Constipation all my life.

Ent said I have very little tonsils and adenoids but still went through with the removal surgery. No change at all. During the recovery period under antibiotics my BB never dissappeared.

Any theory on why many of us started having bb around age 11-12?
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

1) started getting bb when I was around 13
2) had a bad oral hygiene when I was a kid...have several fillings and 3 root canals
3) have chronic sinus problem.. Used to get runney nose and Pnd now it has come down a little
4) ct scan of my sinus shows I have deviated septum.. My nostrils are always blocked I find it difficult to breathe sometimes.
5) my tonsils are of normal size. When I press the flappy skin in the tonsils I get white or yellow pus sometimes small stones and they smell like rotten vegetables
6) endoscopy and biopsy showd no problems in my stomach. Dr told I have little bit of reflux
7) have a poor appetite and I'm very skinny
8) my tongue is always coated
9) I can detect a little bit of smell in my breath. It gets worse when I'm nervous and when my mouth gets dried
10) sometimes I don't smell any odours in my morning breath (strange) it will be like zero odour..I'm not sure there is no bb or my sence of smell is weak for some time when I wake up.
DontBreath
Total Newbie

Post by DontBreath »

1. First time someone made a comment about my breath I was 10. Ever since then, I've probably heard a couple dozen other comments. Some were mean spirited, others were trying to help. I'm 34 now. Last comment was about a year ago. I've never been able to pattern the comments based on diet or anything else.

2. Girlfriend of 3 months says she has never noticed my breath. I asked my ex from a few years ago, and she said the same thing.

3. Tongue odor & rare odor between some teeth while flossing. Always have bitter metallic taste in mouth.

4. Can't see tonsil stones, but I cough or sneeze them out once in a rare while.

5. I do have allergies, and maybe pnd, but mostly I notice congestion and sore throat.

6. I've never had digestive issues or taken antibiotics (or maybe once)

7. Always eaten a decent diet, and now eat a paleo diet with a focus on as many raw veggies as possible.

8. Drink water, tea, or water with apple cider vinegar constantly. Probably a gallon a day.

9. I used to notice my dad's breath (halitosis/non-fecal) in church when he was singing, but he rarely has bb now, but I don't go to church with him either, so I'm not sure about that.

10. Brush floss and scrape tongue 2-3 times daily. Use various non-alcohol mouthwashes.

11. I do exercise frequently, and do deep cleansing breaths

12. Always had a strong body odor and some acne

13. Eat as many probiotics as possible, and do some supplementation as well

14. I love coffee and booze, but I can't always enjoy them, because I'm worried about the effect on bb.

15 When I'm trapped in car or movies or church or something, I chew on cloves[/list]
ThinkPositive
Junior

Post by ThinkPositive »

BB started around late 2012 when I took my braces off. I have to admit that I wasn't cleaning my teeth very well when I had my braces. I realised some reactions from my friends were because of my breath. Started chewing gum every single day.
As it got worse it became nasal odour too and I could smell it sometimes (sewage, faecal odour). I tried nasal irrigation, and visiting my dentist who couldn't. Find anything wrong.
My h.pylori test came back negative.
My digestive system is regular. I had a test for acid reflux but it came back normal too.
I sometimes have to urinate very often at night and get really hungry, so my GP did a blood and urine test but everything is normal.
Currently waiting for an appointment for tmau.
My tongue is mostly white at the back and on the sides, I taste acidic saliva from the sides of my mouth.
I still have tonsils and adenoids. I do have tonsil stones that smell like my nasal odour. Very strong faecal odour.
I had problems in early 2013 when I had a cold but I didnt treat it properly I think that's when really bad breath started. I had the usual symptoms of sinus infection but medication just didn't help.
I have thick mucus from my nose that is always dripping on my throat sometimes it is clear,green or even yellow.
I am using a tongue scraper and on the first day it made a huge difference my nasal odour diminished alot. So my tongue health is related to my nasal odour. This could also mean that the whole of my mouth is contributing to nasal odour.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic