Your Email Address:

First Name:

Has anyone tried snorting probiotics ?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Hal

Has anyone tried snorting probiotics ?

Post by Hal »

Hi everyone,

I have had a thought occur to me that may help us get rid of our "curse".
I was wondering what effect snorting probiotics would have on our problem. I think it may help us out...as it would deliver the good bacteria to our sinus and nasal cavities as well as reach those areas above our throats that are so hard to get to. I have opened capsules before and poured them in my mouth and kind of gargled with it and it felt like it had a freshening effect. I think I will try snorting some and see what happens. What do you guys think ? It is cheap and easy to do so I don't see what we have to lose.

I'm hoping we can get a group of us to try it for a predetermined length of time and see if it helps. What do you guy's think?

Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

I added probiotics to my sinus flush a couple of times. Did nothing. Maybe snorting is more effective though, who knows.
Hal

Post by Hal »

I'm going to snort some before I go to bed ...so it has time to work overnight. I just feel like it would be much more effective ( For bb) for the probiotics to be administered to the soft tissues of the the throat and sinuses rather than the digestive tract. I figure it's worth a try.
Room Bus filler2
Junior

Post by Room Bus filler2 »

we can try ..
my bb is more worse if i take the breath in nasals . can reach 10 meters or more .
specially if i havd hungry it kills you ..
while all my colon system , stomach ,and esaphogues is normal and good.

i havd cured my white tongue even in the mornings is pink but my bb is there . so i dont know if we have sams sympotoms
chrissie
Total Newbie

Post by chrissie »

I wouldn't do that if I were you.

The nasal mucosa has a different bacterial composition than the mouth and the gut. Probiotics are made to increase the "good bacteria" in the gut. Those are not the same as in the nose. You're much better off with salt water flushing (not just spraying). And Naseptin nasal cream, if you think your problems are of infectious and not athrophic or inflammatory origin.

Maybe someone can create a nasal spray with the "ideal" nasal bacterial composition.... Any pharma people here?
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Chrissie,

I did a little research after reading your post and found an NPR transcript from a show they did back in 2012. They interviewed a Dr Susan Lynch regarding the use of probiotics to restore healthy bacteria colonies in people that experience sinus problems. It sounded quite promising and she did mention Lactobacillus as being one of the bacteria that inhabits the sinus cavities.

I will try to contact Dr Lynch and see if any further progress has been made in this area and mention our plight also to see if she might be willing to help us. I agree that sinus flushing is helpful...but it wouldn't help establish healthy colonies of bacteria. The Dr mentioned flushing out bad bacteria followed by dosing of good bacteria.
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted you to know that I did correspond with Dr Lynch via email and she said that she is unable to help us or advise us on these matters. She said that until trials on mice are completed human trials cannot begin and she cannot advise as to whether it would be safe or beneficial to introduce probiotics into the sinuses
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic