Your Email Address:

First Name:

I'M ATRIAL AND YOU ALL NEED A TMAU TEST BUT I HAVEN'T YET

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Notanymore and fedup I think you guys are wasting your time with random and silly stuff like pnd. Pnd is just mucus generated by your body to protect your sinusis from anything that goes to your sinusis when you breath it.
Pnd does not smell and everyone has it unless you have medical condition plus it does not smell. Grow up guys.

NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Atrial wrote:Notanymore and fedup I think you guys are wasting your time with random and silly stuff like pnd. Pnd is just mucus generated by your body to protect your sinusis from anything that goes to your sinusis when you breath it.
Pnd does not smell and everyone has it unless you have medical condition plus it does not smell. Grow up guys.
Grow up? Who do you think you are? If you don't like this discussion then get out of my thread. In fact, Halitosux, is it possible to just ban Atrial from posting in here? What an annoying little troll.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I think it's possible the PND doesn't smell but instead carries the infection into the throat. There have a been a few occasions i've snorted out thick glue textured like snot-balls from behind nose- squished them and had a rotten egg smell. and no they're not tonsil stone like.

Telling us to grow up because we're trying things is crazy. We've definitely been cursed but there is a cure- it's just the mammoth task of finding the source which is hard.

Me personally, my PND gets thick for 10-15 minutes after brushing my teeth.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Notanymore I'm not here to troll or annoy you I just want you and others to stop chasing unicorn cures/causes.
How can you believe simple mucus that is protecting your sinusis from foreign particles can cause bb pnd mucus is part of healthy immunesystem.
If you flush your sinusis with as much saline water as you can and that does not help then you can probably assume it's not due to sinusis.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I think the best thing to do is keep open minds and allow everyone the chance to prove what they're saying is correct and allow others to find out whether anything relates to them or not.

Anyone who thinks that PND isn't a potential factor with BB needs to try the simple experiment of incubating a sample of their mucus/PND that is mixed with bacteria from their mouth or throat. If you do it right, the sample that smells of nothing initially will shock you at the stench that is produced. So under the right conditions (which could even simply be stagnated mucus in the sinuses due to poor drainage/aspiration) that mucus could absolutely reek in there.

As for DIY irrigation of the sinuses - does DIY irrigating really get to do anything beneficial in there? Personally I think DIY irrigation is good for the nasal passages as long as there's nothing wrong except for allergies or a bit of congestion, but I don't trust the idea of forcing water into places where there might be stagnation/blockage etc. That's asking for trouble.

BTW, this does not apply to what NOTANYMORE has just had done. Sinus washouts are proper washouts with a catheter inserted into the sinus openings - nothing like the same thing as a DIY with a neti pot type flush.

If irrigation of the nasal passages does help anyone though, that could be a sign that something deeper in the nasal system is going on.

btw, I can't ban anyone. Only Jimi can do that. But even if I could, I'd never use it unless it was absolutely necessary.

Atrial, perhaps it might be an idea to make a new thread and start your own discussion on the things you are trying to say in here?
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Atrial wrote:Notanymore I'm not here to troll or annoy you I just want you and others to stop chasing unicorn cures/causes.
How can you believe simple mucus that is protecting your sinusis from foreign particles can cause bb pnd mucus is part of healthy immunesystem.
If you flush your sinusis with as much saline water as you can and that does not help then you can probably assume it's not due to sinusis.
If you had been able to process the information I posted, you would have understood that my sinuses have been coated with infected mucus. I have also posted in another thread that nasal washes were helping prior to the surgery so there is definately something nasty in my sinuses. Also, I still do not have halitosis and my PND has slowed to a crawl. Hopefully it continues but for now I am enjoying the fact that I have found my "Unicorn".

I agree with Haliosux that you should start your own thread. Please do not post in this one anymore or I will just PM the people I actualy care about and everyone else can blame you for a lack of updates.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

NOTANYMORE wrote:
Atrial wrote:Notanymore I'm not here to troll or annoy you I just want you and others to stop chasing unicorn cures/causes.
If you had been able to process the information I posted, you would have understood that my sinuses have been coated with infected mucus. I have also posted in another thread that nasal washes were helping prior to the surgery so there is definately something nasty in my sinuses. Also, I still do not have halitosis and my PND has slowed to a crawl. Hopefully it continues but for now I am enjoying the fact that I have found my "Unicorn".

I agree with Haliosux that you should start your own thread. Please do not post in this one anymore or I will just PM the people I actualy care about and everyone else can blame you for a lack of updates.

Wow someone does not agree with you and you want to ban them how open minded.
Enjoy your placebo cure reality will hit you in the face next few weeks.
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

All you talk about is TMAU, some super rare genetical condition. Who is chasing unicorns here?
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Atrial wrote:
NOTANYMORE wrote:

Wow someone does not agree with you and you want to ban them how open minded.
Enjoy your placebo cure reality will hit you in the face next few weeks.
Says the least open minded person on this forum who thinks everyone has TMAU. Give me a break. Thanks for the well wishes. Also, I just want you banned from this thread not the board. You are a cancer and your negativity (not halitosis) is what can't be cured.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Yes I'm full of negativity because I don't believe mucus causes bb.
If your nasal cavity stopped producing mucus then that would actually cause odor. How do you think 99% of people's nasal cavity stays clean and odour free. It's due to the mucus and chemicals it contains.

The main thing is you will know your cure is just placebo sooner or later.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Corpsebreath wrote:All you talk about is TMAU, some super rare genetical condition. Who is chasing unicorns here?

Tmau actually effects about 2 % of the population.
All the people you have met in your life how many of them would you think would have so bad halitosis that they would be on bbh forum answer is less than 2 % that proves that most people here have rare cause to their halitosis.
Tmau is likely cause because people have been diagnosed medically and those people were on this site.
Some people are self diagnosing and blaming anything that they can think of without any evidence.

I have already explained my evidence for tmau read my other posts.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Atrial, why don't you discuss this in a TMAU thread? You're trying to force your opinions on people who are focusing on other things and trying to remain positive about them.

One thing you're failing to appreciate is that FedUp and NOTANYMORE have mucus that actually looks and smells "infected" i.e. bacteria seem to be clearly involved where they normally wouldn't be. With FedUp it's even coming from one side. Yes it might be TMAU, but they're trying to eliminate other more likely and obvious things. I bet most people on this site with nasal odours have something relating to their sinuses causing their BB. But because their ignorant doctors don't see it as a "health" problem of concern, they are dismissed. You may well be 100% right, but solving BB is about the process of elimination. NOTANYMORE has found an ENT willing to try things they wouldn't usually try in the absense of more serious health problems.

TMAU tests are inherently unreliable as a YES or NO answer, especially if the symptoms are only BB. What exactly are you trying to advise? Please continue this in a TMAU thread.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

halitosisux wrote:Atrial, why don't you discuss this in a TMAU thread? You're trying to force your opinions on people who are focusing on other things and trying to remain positive about them.

One thing you're failing to appreciate is that FedUp and NOTANYMORE have mucus that actually looks and smells "infected" i.e. bacteria seem to be clearly involved where they normally wouldn't be. With FedUp it's even coming from one side. Yes it might be TMAU, but they're trying to eliminate other more likely and obvious things. I bet most people on this site with nasal odours have something relating to their sinuses causing their BB. But because their ignorant doctors don't see it as a "health" problem of concern, they are dismissed. You may well be 100% right, but solving BB is about the process of elimination. NOTANYMORE has found an ENT willing to try things they wouldn't usually try in the absense of more serious health problems.

TMAU tests are inherently unreliable as a YES or NO answer, especially if the symptoms are only BB. What exactly are you trying to advise? Please continue this in a TMAU thread.

If every ENT you met tells you that there is nothing wrong with your sinusis and you believe they are lying or not taking you seriously maybe they are not lying and there is nothing wrong with you.

Tmau tests are actually pretty simple they measure tma levels in your urine so stop making up lies.

keep wasting your money and time with pnd and other random things
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I'm going to have the last say on this because any further things you say in this thread are going to be deleted.

TMAU tests are simple to perform. But it's not just about measuring the TMA levels in urine. If you make the place stink like a fishmongers and primary TMAU is suspected, then testing and diagnosing is straightforward because the TMA levels will be high. Genetic tests can also increase the certainty as to the cause. But TMA is only a chemical and it doesn't always build up in the body for the same reasons as primary TMAU. This is where diagnosing becomes less certain because there's LOTS of different reasons why TMA can build up in the body. How it comes out of the body will also vary between different people. So it's not as straightforward as you make it sound.

If I were you I'd go and get a second ENT opinion - or perhaps even your first opinion.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

halitosisux wrote:I'm going to have the last say on this because any further things you say in this thread are going to be deleted.

TMAU tests are simple to perform. But it's not just about measuring the TMA levels in urine. If you make the place stink like a fishmongers and primary TMAU is suspected, then testing and diagnosing is straightforward because the TMA levels will be high. Genetic tests can also increase the certainty as to the cause. But TMA is only a chemical and it doesn't always build up in the body for the same reasons as primary TMAU. This is where diagnosing becomes less certain because there's LOTS of different reasons why TMA can build up in the body. How it comes out of the body will also vary between different people. So it's not as straightforward as you make it sound.

If I were you I'd go and get a second ENT opinion - or perhaps even your first opinion.

Why are you making up lies that don't even make sense

If you get tmau test and your TMA results are more than 10 mmol you have tmau simple as that stop over complicating.
Most tmau smells of garbage/shit not fish.
If you are so smart why are concentrating silly pseudosciense like pnd.
If you waste people's time with your lies divert people to silly causes once they lose hope and end up in a bad place you are partially responsible
I hope you realise that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic