Your Email Address:

First Name:

In the news. Doctors Develop World's Longest Lasting Mint

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for your feedback funkybreath.
Please give further details on using these mints if you have more to add, such as where is the best place to put them in your mouth, and how well do they stick. I know they aren't a perfect solution, even if you only have type-1 BB, but they could be a god-send to some people and the word needs to get out there. If the word gets out there, this company who makes them (or any other company who becomes interested) would really see the potential of this slow release system for true chronic halitosis sufferers and develop it further with zinc and/or other chemicals and agents which can control the bacteria or neutralize the odour.

SADMUM - HOPELESSONE?? any news please?

funkybreath, if you go back to page 2 of this thread, the chlorhexidine irrigation I do is detailed in there.

funkybreath
Total Newbie

Post by funkybreath »

I usually place the mints near the back of my mouth on the bottom in between my cheek and gums and eventually it sticks to my gums. It's nice to not have to pop mints over and over but they seem to be duller than a regular mint. I don't use them regularly because they throw off the taste of meals and I eat six small meals a day. They don't seem to do the trick for me in between meals.
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

If I had this mints I probably would get tired of them and just put it in the garbage. I hate mints and gum and anything chewable that cover up BB. Living with a f*cking mint in my mouth forever NO WAY
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

And whenever I see somebody chewing I think this peoples is trying to cover up BB. MMMMMM is it true? I don't think so, but it always come to my mind. In this place where I go every weekend have this woman who EVERY weekend is chewing gum. I think she may have BB cause it's not normal........ I never talked with her
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I'm gonna order some if they can really last this long in the mouth.
Xylitol defintely helps me and I like the idea of this being released almost continously in my mouth. I know Dr. Aydinmur said that xylitol is just another sugar alcohol (or something like that) which makes bad breath worse, but whenever I chewed gum I always felt like it was helping me, even though it probably wasn't. So even if these do the same thing, I'll be pleased with them. It's a shame they have to be so expensive.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

SADMUM and HOPELESSONE

You were both very active members on here.
One of you said you'd tried these mints and gave very positive feedback, the other said you were still waiting for your delivery.
Suddenly you both went quiet.
Are you still around? If so, can you please update us on these mints?

These mints could be lifesavers for some people, and we might even be able to get the makers to agree to offer a discount for members or free trials etc.
betterdays

Post by betterdays »

I personally can't function with anything too minty in my mouth for hours. I am actually a huge fan of Xylimelts and more recently Salese though. I pretty much keep one in my mouth day and night. They keep my mouth moist and bb at bay. I feel that my bb originates in my mouth and throat. They are definitely not a cure but help me to at least maintain my bb and give me a little more confidence to speak to people. Since I started using them I haven't had anyone offer me any gum or other telling gestures. I still haven't gotten the courage to speak to anyone up close though.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi, how long do those last in your mouth at a time?

I wish we had more feedback on Forevermints. I really like the idea of being able to put something in the mouth which lasts for hours
betterdays

Post by betterdays »

Salese last literally all night, but the consistency does get kind of squishy after about 4-5 hours. Xylimelts are more of a mint consistency but last only 2-3 hours at most. I use them during the day because they stick to my gums so I don't have to worry about inadvertently spitting them out while I'm speaking. I also have a chronic cough from my PND and have noticed that it has subsided significantly since I started using them. I am hoping to make it to an ENT in the very near future and pray that I am one of those people that can be cured from some type of laser whatever
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for your info. It's interesting how they help with your cough. Maybe a cough is a harmful symptom of the toxic bad breath chemicals which you're managing to reduce. I've noticed in recent years since my BB has had major improvements that my asthma has almost completely disappeared. Actually I could make a whole list of things that have improved, especially my skin.

Anyway, gonna look into these products. I need "Smints" for my own sanity. Having had the worst shit-breath for 25 years, and a lifetime of worrying about breath in general, and just being a pathetic person who will never break free from worrying about what other people are thinking, something like this is a godsend. I get allergies and sometimes I sneeze without warning and it's only a matter of time before a Smint ends up in someone's eye. I want something that can stick to my gum and be totally discreet and which last a while.
ItsgoingtobeOK

Post by ItsgoingtobeOK »

halitosisux wrote:Gotta say, Smints helped me a LOT when it was inappropriate to chew gum.. and xylitol most definitely makes a difference, as does peppermint.. I think it's a brilliant idea if it can work for Type-1 or Type-2.

Even better would be a similar long-lasting tablet that can stick in the mouth, but instead release a safe antibacterial type substance (or deodorizing substance), without the need to mask odours with peppermint. There surely must be something that can be released slowly in the mouth that can do this, like nano-silver particles or whatever, or even antibiotic substances which don't get absorbed into the body, but only act by direct contact in the mouth while they're in there.

Jesus Christ how hard can it ****ing be? However complex the causes of bad breath might be, it's only a ****ing odour. With all the technology available, how the **** are we still so stuck in the dark ages when it comes to BREATH odour FFS.
Man, I am telling you, if I could find anything (like a pill) that gives me zero bad breadth for four hours, I will be over the moon, and happily pay for it for the rest of my life.

From my research, chronic bad breadth is a genetic disorder and perhaps it can't be cured with a pill or a surgery. Folks who come here an talk about oral hygiene, and mouth washes, and floss, and tooth decay and healthy diet have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what we are going through.
My only hope for now is stem cell research where they could first identify that freaking gene whose malfunction causes the super excessive growth of bacteria in our bodies/mouths/lungs/blood, and then replace or cure it with stem cell procedure.
wizbaby

Post by wizbaby »

am in Nigeria, how/ where can I buy forevermints?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic