Your Email Address:

First Name:

What to think/do?!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Sickandtired
Junior

What to think/do?!

Post by Sickandtired »

Hello once again.

There is no brilliant news to tell you, but I'm in huge dilemma.
Few years ago i asked my 2 close friends about my breath, both answers were negative. I thought they were uncomfortable to talk about that with me, so i stopped there, I asked them few times and they told me they smell nothing, one of those friend i was really spending a lot of time together and she suffered from very bad breath so i thought thats why she doesnt want to talk about it. Nevertheless i still suffered from tongue odor, strange reactions, white tongue and who farted comments, so it was pretty clear I do have bb. Yesterday I asked my roommate and many years long friend with whom I have really honest conversation and relationship, does my breath stinks, I told her i'm having a new gastro appointment so I must know it. She assured me I do not have any kind of bad breath or smell, I asked her also from my nose and she told me it nonsense. That we're friends for years and now living together she would notice it and surely tell me especially considering my stomach problems, i blew into her nose few times and she said nothing, and also that since we were in cinema that night she said i would really then smelled it since we were close talking.

But here comes today, i sat in car with my sister and she was like did you passed a gas after few minutes?

And also fun fact: when i'm talking to some people like closely (can't escape it) i can smell their breath but they don't have bad breath, so it's like I'm getting whiffs of my own breath, or their breaths reacts to mine? How to explain this?!?

So who is crazy here? I think I'll lose my sanity soon. This is so frustrating!!

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Sickandtired I totally sympathize with you as I am currently in the exact same boat; feeling EXTREMELY confused :? My best friends have told me I am crazy and don't have bb - yet I am constantly dealing with the reactions.

On Sunday; I met up with stinkbomb and somethinstinks - ALL 3 of us could not smell anything on each other. The bizarre part is that I purposely did not use my salagen/probiotics [my current regime] before meeting them, and we met in the afternoon- many hours after I had brushed and my mouth was feeling very stale. Yet they couldn't detect any bb/odor on me and neither could I smell anything bad on them. We even ate food and still nothing

This is the 2nd time I have metup with someone from this forum where the exact same thing happened; could not smell bb on each other. I don't get what's going on?? Surely, we can't all be crazy and imagining all these reactions we are getting? Has anyone on this site met in real life and confirmed bb to each other?

I remember someone [forgot the name] mentioned before on this forum that it may be that we both have TMAU, that's why we couldn't smell each other. Is this possible? Or maybe PATM really does exist and most of us have it? ](*,)
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
badexhale

Post by badexhale »

@stillhoping so the tonsils and adenoids removed did not help at all? Also were are you located? A few members and I are meeting in California on Sunday maybe you can join.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

@badexhale I do not believe the removal did anything for me - although I never had tonsil stones or any issues in that area, soo it could just be that isn't my problem.

I actually live in Canada, and just happened to be visiting NY last week. Please do report back what happens after your meetup, if you guys are able to confirm bb to each other?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I've never been to a meetup, but if it's possible, you should try taking along a neutral friend or volunteer of some kind so that they can dismiss the possibility of familiarity/familiarization (whatever the word is).

The reactions that seem to be happening might be because of odour emitted from other parts of the body. Bear that in mind.
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Re: What to think/do?!

Post by Corpsebreath »

Sickandtired wrote:And also fun fact: when i'm talking to some people like closely (can't escape it) i can smell their breath but they don't have bad breath, so it's like I'm getting whiffs of my own breath, or their breaths reacts to mine? How to explain this?!?

So who is crazy here? I think I'll lose my sanity soon. This is so frustrating!!
If you are talking to someone and you smell their breath, then they have bad breath. It's that simple. That smell has nothing to do with you or your own breath. Why do you think they don't have bad breath if you can clearly smell it? Everyone has bad breath from time to time, especially from close up. Stop thinking you are all alone with this.
badexhale

Post by badexhale »

StillHoping wrote:@badexhale I do not believe the removal did anything for me - although I never had tonsil stones or any issues in that area, soo it could just be that isn't my problem.

I actually live in Canada, and just happened to be visiting NY last week. Please do report back what happens after your meetup, if you guys are able to confirm bb to each other?
did you pay for it yourself? Cause I remembered in your earlier posts that you didn't have the funds do get it done. Just curious what the cost was is in Canada. Over here there asking somewhere around 9k-10k.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

StillHoping wrote:Sickandtired I totally sympathize with you as I am currently in the exact same boat; feeling EXTREMELY confused :? My best friends have told me I am crazy and don't have bb - yet I am constantly dealing with the reactions.

On Sunday; I met up with stinkbomb and somethinstinks - ALL 3 of us could not smell anything on each other. The bizarre part is that I purposely did not use my salagen/probiotics [my current regime] before meeting them, and we met in the afternoon- many hours after I had brushed and my mouth was feeling very stale. Yet they couldn't detect any bb/odor on me and neither could I smell anything bad on them. We even ate food and still nothing

This is the 2nd time I have metup with someone from this forum where the exact same thing happened; could not smell bb on each other. I don't get what's going on?? Surely, we can't all be crazy and imagining all these reactions we are getting? Has anyone on this site met in real life and confirmed bb to each other?

I remember someone [forgot the name] mentioned before on this forum that it may be that we both have TMAU, that's why we couldn't smell each other. Is this possible? Or maybe PATM really does exist and most of us have it? ](*,)

It was me who suggested tmau but it's hard for people here to consider that they may have tmau.

They can enjoy chasing cause/cure they couldn't find last 10/20 years
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

@badexhale that may have been someone else? Luckily health care is actually free in Canada; soo I only had to pay for the painkillers prescription. As halitosisux suggested; would you guys be open to having a neutral individual join your meetup? It would be really interesting to find out how many ppl on this forum who meet can actually confirm whether or not they have bb

@Atrial its just I don't get how TMAU works exactly; so are you saying anyone who cannot smell my bb also has tmau as well? And anyone who can smell it - does not have tmau?
badexhale

Post by badexhale »

Oh yea I'm all for having someone neutral there definately but who? And how do we know we can trust them to be honest? If we could find that I'd be more than glad to let them be there.
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Corpsebreath wrote: If you are talking to someone and you smell their breath, then they have bad breath. It's that simple. That smell has nothing to do with you or your own breath. Why do you think they don't have bad breath if you can clearly smell it? Everyone has bad breath from time to time, especially from close up. Stop thinking you are all alone with this.
I understand that, but that's happening with ppl whom I have contact almost everyday, and when we're talking really close there is no smell, but after I say something then the smell comes up, like it's catching on theirs.
halitosisux wrote:I've never been to a meetup, but if it's possible, you should try taking along a neutral friend or volunteer of some kind so that they can dismiss the possibility of familiarity/familiarization (whatever the word is).

The reactions that seem to be happening might be because of odor emitted from other parts of the body. Bear that in mind.

I ruled that out, since I was talking with my roommate openly about bb, There is one girl having a strange smell of her body, and she talked to me numerous time before about it and said that they tried to tell her (by hints) so she could be aware, but she's always avoiding that topic, so... Then i asked her for myself has she ever smelled me in that way, she said even after workout and sweating like a pig, I do not smell. And we often wear each other clothes. So i don't think she would be wearing my clothes otherwise.
StillHoping wrote:Sickandtired I totally sympathize with you as I am currently in the exact same boat; feeling EXTREMELY confused :? My best friends have told me I am crazy and don't have bb - yet I am constantly dealing with the reactions.

Have you ever asked anyone else other than your friend? And how about them from the meet, have they?
I saw in your signature you entire family has it, are they doing anything to get rid of it, did they had hpylori? And is your smell plain sour? No extreme smells?
Has anyone ever told you you have bb after that time when you were 10 years old?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

badexhale wrote:Oh yea I'm all for having someone neutral there definately but who? And how do we know we can trust them to be honest? If we could find that I'd be more than glad to let them be there.
You or the others attending could perhaps ask around for a volunteer, maybe someone who might even be interested in what you're doing such as a dental worker or a doctor, or simply put an advert for a reliable medical student or someone like that who needs some extra cash. If you think about it there's plenty of ways you can do this. I think it'll be really important to do this because we often read about meetups where the result is only further confusion.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sickandtired wrote:I ruled that out, since I was talking with my roommate openly about bb, There is one girl having a strange smell of her body, and she talked to me numerous time before about it and said that they tried to tell her (by hints) so she could be aware, but she's always avoiding that topic, so... Then i asked her for myself has she ever smelled me in that way, she said even after workout and sweating like a pig, I do not smell. And we often wear each other clothes. So i don't think she would be wearing my clothes otherwise.
Consider that some people can smell certain odours that others can't. This might be all there is to it, in a very simplistic way. Intermittent odour might also be occurring.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Atrial wrote:It was me who suggested tmau but it's hard for people here to consider that they may have tmau.

They can enjoy chasing cause/cure they couldn't find last 10/20 years
Atrial.. I don't quite know what the correct word is with you.. But bollocks often comes to mind..

You go on about TMAU as though you have proof of everybody's Urine test, yet you live in a country where TMAU testing is FREE and you haven't even been tested yourself. WTF???
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

halitosisux wrote: Consider that some people can smell certain odours that others can't. This might be all there is to it, in a very simplistic way. Intermittent odour might also be occurring.
This. I'm suspecting that intermittend odour is my problem still. Before I got ppi, probiotics, chlorella, ruled out milk products, and some more lifestyle changes, I think it was stronger and more constant, cause my tongue was much more white all the time. But now obviously I haven't kicked bb out 100%. So it appears out of the blue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic