Your Email Address:

First Name:

Breakthrough? Eustachian Tube draining to throat. (pics) (treatment)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
curebringer
Total Newbie

Breakthrough? Eustachian Tube draining to throat. (pics) (treatment)

Post by curebringer »

Okay, what I noticed lately when I do neti pot irrigation from nostril to throat is that water has trouble going to throat when irrigating the right side, and part of it ends up in my ear. The other side doesn't have that problem. I also have a crackling noise in my ears ever since I was a kid, I can voluntarily make that crackling noise whenever I want. That is not really common and can indicate Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, clogged middle ear or similiar conditions. I did the Flip Turn Sinus Flush and that cleared my upper sinuses well, so then I noticed a very musky smell coming to my throat from the right side somewhere, if you've ever out of curiosity tasted your ear wax (gross I know, but it's full of proteins, I'm a bodybuilder), it has a very sour smell/taste. It's that smell/taste combo I feel coming to my throat! I tried the valsalva manouver to get the fluid out from the ear after nasal irrigation, and feel like there is something going on in that right side, it's like the valsalva manouver activated a lot more space in the right side of my face than it does on the left. Perhaps some anatomical problem, who knows. I also have a postural imbalance and had a deviated septum, so maybe my whole body is retardedly out of whack. :D I also have black shades under eyes, and the right side is darker. This sounds like I'm a Frankensteins monster but not true, just pointing out some details that most people never even notice, but hey, when it's your body you notice everything. Back to the topic: I never knew that the ear was actually connected to the throat with some tube. This could explain why even after doing nasal irrigation many of us get the awful stench after a short time. It could actually be coming from the mucus stuck in the Eustachian Tube or Middle Ear. which the neti pot doesn't reach. Check out the picture:

So basically there is another source of stench that most of us never thought about. So I looked further how to irrigate this tube, and came upon this ENT's site with further explanation how to do it:

http://www.fauquierent.net/etd2.htm

I tried it recently with half water/half h2o2 in nasal spray in the way he said and got some mucus that is usually so fuking difficult to reach because I feel its in some deep part of the throat. Well I guess it's the frickin EUSTACHIAN TUBE!!!

Certainly worth a try for all of you that feel throat PND is the cause of your bb.

curebringer
Total Newbie

Re: Breakthrough? Eustachian Tube draining to throat. (pics) (treatment)

Post by curebringer »

I think this could be it. Try the spray thing.
crazy4it
Advanced

Post by crazy4it »

If that's the case would you have nasal odor?
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

If you had fluid stuck in you ear or in the Eustachian tube, i believe you would have a very uncomfortable feeling in your ear, like it was constantly blocked or pressurized. You know the sensation you get in your ears when the airplane takes off.
curebringer
Total Newbie

Post by curebringer »

crazy4it wrote:If that's the case would you have nasal odor?
I do have nasal odor.
Dead wrote:If you had fluid stuck in you ear or in the Eustachian tube, i believe you would have a very uncomfortable feeling in your ear, like it was constantly blocked or pressurized. You know the sensation you get in your ears when the airplane takes off.
I can make a crackling sound in my ears at will. That can be a sign of blockage. Also, when I try diving in sea at summer time I have pressure when going a bit deep but not too deep. Oh, and I had laringitis as a kid and went deaf for a few hours or whole day, can't remember. Maybe it fuked up with my ears. Anyway, that's all cherry picking symptoms. But the fact is I don't feel that strange mucus buildup in an unreacheable place since I sprayed and did the valsalva manouver a few times as mentioned in that ent's post. And now I feel both eustachian tubes open when doing the valsalva, before it was just the left side! Tommorow in the morning I'll go to the library. Usually in those quiet, reading enviroments I can smell the awful stench from throat/nasal area so let's see if it cleared up or not. I'll be sure to report back. :P
curebringer
Total Newbie

Post by curebringer »

This morning almost zero PND. A little bit on my better side, the left side, probably because I sleep on that side all night, but basically 95% less than usual. My voice is also clear. Sprayed both sides again just now and did the valsalva manouver. Both ears unclogged. Let's see what the day brings.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

curebringer wrote:This morning almost zero PND. A little bit on my better side, the left side, probably because I sleep on that side all night, but basically 95% less than usual. My voice is also clear. Sprayed both sides again just now and did the valsalva manouver. Both ears unclogged. Let's see what the day brings.
hi, do you also have a coated, smelly tongue? do you grind your teeth? I have read there's a correlation between heavy teeth grinding-jaw malfunction and ears.
thanks
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

-- snip --

Accidental double-post.
Last edited by ttylxman2 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

I have the same problems.

Tinnitus, sinus headaches, cracking sound at will, clogged ears 24/7, inability to equalize underwater or on planes, vertigo spells that put me on my ass, and ear wax over-production.

But my sinuses are also very congested and have been for as long as I can remember. PND is pretty bad and there's always a bad taste in my mouth and throat, although it doesn't taste like ear wax. I think. I don't really want to taste it and find out, but I know how it smells.

Every time a doctor looks at my sinuses, they just give me a steroid spray and say there's no infection, just inflammation, and suggest allergies may be the cause.

Allergy meds don't help, and I have 0 other allergy symptoms and it never improves/worsens just stays the same all day and all year.

Tried neti-pot with GSE in it for a month, no results. Water kept falling out of my nose up to several hours after when my sinus congestion shifts and opens up random passages. This is the main reason I stopped, but I will try again.

I think my ear and breath problems are all side effects of my sinus congestion, so I'm going to pay for an extensive examination and try to come up with a solution for that with a doctor. My previous ENT downplayed any role of my sinuses to my taste/breath issue and didn't take it seriously enough.

Traveling soon to see an ENT with better ratings/reviews.

My tonsillectomy cut away a lot of tonsil stone harboring tissue, and they removed some infected tissue in my adenoids, but that didn't make a significant impact on my taste/breath situation. It is VERY nice not having tonsil stones though. Glad I did it.

Had my teeth x-rayed and thoroughly examined, no dental problems.

My lingual tonsils are always sore but I don't notice any stones or bumps when I do a self-examination with my finger. Both sides in the corners of the linguals hurt but has no noticeable deformity or inflammation. Previous ENT saw nothing wrong with them and decided not to remove them in the tonsillectomy.

The pain and taste might all be from bacteria in the PND coming from a deep sinus infection that an ENT hasn't felt the need to thoroughly rule out yet.

Running out of possibilities here, and I definitely need to start tackling this congestion more seriously.

I think all we can do is go through all the possibilities with good doctors who will thoroughly rule things out instead of rush through and miss something. Clearly whatever is going on with us is rare and not well understood or we would have it fixed already. Gotta make sure they know they're looking for something unexpected or hard to see to be causing it.
Ethanklein

Post by Ethanklein »

curebringer wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:04 pm
Certainly worth a try for all of you that feel throat PND is the cause of your bb.
Hi Curebringer, you havn't been on since 2016 so I guess your not available to be reached on this account anymore but would be great to hear from you again.

I had never thought or explored the ear angle, but reading this post a lot of what you discuss clicks and makes sense (thick/excessive PND buildup, sinusitus, inflamed passages, ear clicking/fullness) and I feel like this "eustachian tube/ear" angle is an area we need more attention and discussion on that hasn't been explored enough. I know some people theorize about biofilm or old mucus in hard to reach places, this is quite an interesting subject.

I assume as you have not been back since your original posts in 2016 you are somewhat past this issue, would be great to hear from you or other users reading this perhaps we can start hearing more peoples experience with their Eustachian tubes and possible interactions with PND buildup/Sinus etc. When I think about it, I certainly can feel the crackling and "full" ear feeling all the time and get a short, odd semi "clear" feeling after doing that valsalva Manouver. Hope to explore this more.

Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic