Your Email Address:

First Name:

Staphylococcus aureus and PND

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

@aydinmur, sadman
thanks for your reply. I didn't know it was that serious? I noticed the PND about 3-4 years ago. All this started with a tonsilitis in 2004! I haven't been sick in the last one and a half years (not even a cold). I assign this to good oral hygiene, brushing my tung every day up to three times.

I have the results here, mentioning the sames results:
1. Tonsil crypt swab
2. Nasal swab

The nasal swab says grampositive, S. aureus, no portor mentioned. There is a list on both results that shows the resistance of the bacteria to antibiotics. It's sensitive to all except penicilin G (megacilin).
I took Tavanic (Levofloxacin) for 5 days (a 5 day package) without any results except dizziness. The sprays didn't help either.
I guess I would need a longer treatment with antibiotics, but according to almost all sources, oral treatment doesn't cure the sinuses. And there is no chance of getting the antibiotics into the sinuses, just like that.

After thinking I was a "psycho", my ENT advised my to get this treated. He said something about rheumatism, and if I had problems with my joints!?

What can I do? I'm thinking of having a local surgery opening the ethmoids.

aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

"why penicillin despite S. aureus resistan to penicillin?"

I would like to answer the question here, because of the answer may be general interest.

More than 50 beta lactamases are synthesized by bacterium, they are secreted to periplasmic space (between bacterial membranes). They destroy pencillin's beta lactam chain. Thus, penicillin turns to penicillinoic acid that is ineffective. This is titration reaction. For this reason, if antibiotic is regularly, high dose and continuously given then penicillin will consume B-lactamases and eventualy, will be effective on bacterium.

Particularly, Streptococcus pyogenes and Streptococcus pneumonia are highly rezistant to penicillin under in vitro conditions. Although, penicillin is the best choice for both bacteria under clinic conditions. This is true for most Gram positive cocci (including S. aureus). Vancomycin, gramicidin, lincomycin may be another choice.

Nose carriers are known problem for S. aureus. Not rare.

- Murat
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Its not directly relate with your situation but I would like to share that one paper will be published on next month related with detection of nasal S. aureus carriage.
http://jcm.asm.org/cgi/content/abstract/48/11/4242
-M
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

Thank you aydinmur, I will keep track of it.
I went to the ENT. He prescribed bactoban nasal and tetracillin 200 for 14 days.

He asked me to consider a "Infundibulotomie" (german word), where they cut something out of the ethmoids in order to free the Ostiumeatal Complex and the sinuses.
nicc
Junior

Post by nicc »

How is the swab from the sinuses area taken?
Is it the swab stuck up into your nose?
I've never heard of this test before
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

George80 wrote:He asked me to consider a "Infundibulotomie" (german word), where they cut something out of the ethmoids in order to free the Ostiumeatal Complex and the sinuses.

I guess he tries to open some closed ethmoid cells to air circulation with make Infundibulotomie. This may be useful operation for type 2 halitosis patients. Please share result with us.

-Murat
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

The cut away the "Processus uncinatus". This is a small bone in the nose. The sinuses are then free to "breathe". So far the theory.
Norman
Re:

Post by Norman »

George80 wrote:The cut away the "Processus uncinatus". This is a small bone in the nose. The sinuses are then free to "breathe". So far the theory.
Hi george please helpp!!

Few weeks ago My doctor took a sWab test grom my tongue and he found S. aurus bacteria same one which you had . He gave me Azytromicine one pill of 550 every second day for two weeks. My bad breath was colpletaly gone ! Even on the ways heb i didnt take it. But when my course ended the bad breath came again . The doctor prescribed me azytromicine again but this time without a gap of one day I have to take it 6 days in a row twice 250 mg a day . And I started onmy yesterday and I dont have any bb again not even morning beeath .

Please tell me how you got rid of this bacteria Im sure my bad breath is because of this bacteria because no other anti biotics work like flagyl and tetraciclune and amoxciline dont work at all only antibiotics that worked beside aeytromicine is ciprofloxacine but it didnt work that well like azytromicine
Norman
Re:

Post by Norman »

Hi doctor aydinmur

Im writing you because Im hopeless but I also see a bit hope now because after 10 years They finally found something . My doctor did a swab test and he found S . Aurus . He gave me azytromicine 550 I had to take it every second day for two weeks... my bad breath was completaly gone ! Even on the days where I didnt take the antibiotic my bb was fresh . Even in the mornings no bad breath .But after the course ended the bad breath slowly came back . Now Im finally sure what is causing my bad breath I took many antibiotics but they didnt work because Most of the anti biotics I took focused more on the stomach and gut. But this one antibiotic did wonders but sadly only temporary . I am sure now that my bb is not comming from my colon or gut as I also took rifaximine which is a anti biotic that only works in the gut and colon and it did nothing absulutly nothing ... also flagyl did nothing . Only anti biotic that worked is this azytromicine or ciproflaxcine but cipro didnt work that well because the bad breath used to return on the same day in the evening. But if I take azytromicine Im bad breath free for complete 2 days with one pill of 550 mg or two pills of 250 in one day.

Please can you advise me and give me tips how I can get rid of this bacteria easly . Im having bad breath for more thn 10 years now It has completaly destroyed my life please If you can help me get rid of this bacteria I will do anything for you sir please

Thank you in advance sir.

aydinmur wrote:
George80 wrote:He asked me to consider a "Infundibulotomie" (german word), where they cut something out of the ethmoids in order to free the Ostiumeatal Complex and the sinuses.

I guess he tries to open some closed ethmoid cells to air circulation with make Infundibulotomie. This may be useful operation for type 2 halitosis patients. Please share result with us.

-Murat
Attraction
Advanced

Re: Re:

Post by Attraction »

Norman wrote:
George80 wrote:The cut away the "Processus uncinatus". This is a small bone in the nose. The sinuses are then free to "breathe". So far the theory.
Im sure my bad breath is because of this bacteria because no other anti biotics work like flagyl and tetraciclune and amoxciline dont work at all only antibiotics that worked beside aeytromicine is ciprofloxacine but it didnt work that well like azytromicine
It is great that you know your cause is from bacteria. Get your mouth thoroughly checked by a dentist including X-rays to find every single cavity, root canal, infection & tooth decay. If you haven't already, I strongly recommend to get your Wisdom Teeth pulled. Finally, if you still have your tonsils get them removed. If all of the above do not work, then look for other potential causes. Do not forget 80%+ of chronic cases are due to the above causes.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Norman wrote:I am sure now that my bb is not comming from my colon or gut as I also took rifaximine which is a anti biotic that only works in the gut and colon and it did nothing absulutly nothing ... also flagyl did nothing . Only anti biotic that worked is this azytromicine or ciproflaxcine but cipro didnt work that well because the bad breath used to return on the same day in the evening. But if I take azytromicine Im bad breath free for complete 2 days with one pill of 550 mg or two pills of 250 in one day.
Dear Norman,
One only thing can exactly be said, your halitosis mainly takes origin from bacterial action at anywhere in your body.

Its clear that: This bacteria are sensetive to azytromicine but not cipro nor flagyl. This info does not give its address(es). Rifampycine or azytromicine are delivered to every where in the body, not only colon or gut. These antibiotics supress every microbiota. Unfortunately it is impossible to know exact location(s) of responsible bacterium by treating different antibiotics. Note that, the responsible bacterial species can be harbored in more than one place. This is other face of fact.

I wish I could give good news
-Murat
Norman

Post by Norman »

Attraction wrote:
Norman wrote:
Im sure my bad breath is because of this bacteria because no other anti biotics work like flagyl and tetraciclune and amoxciline dont work at all only antibiotics that worked beside aeytromicine is ciprofloxacine but it didnt work that well like azytromicine
It is great that you know your cause is from bacteria. Get your mouth thoroughly checked by a dentist including X-rays to find every single cavity, root canal, infection & tooth decay. If you haven't already, I strongly recommend to get your Wisdom Teeth pulled. Finally, if you still have your tonsils get them removed. If all of the above do not work, then look for other potential causes. Do not forget 80%+ of chronic cases are due to the above causes.

Thanks for your reply attraction.

I was thinking to get that done too but the problem is that My tonsils are in great shape ! I never in my life had tonsil stones. If I touch my tonsils and thn snif I dont smell anything If I touch my wisdom teeth I dont smell anything too . My denist said I Have great oral health . My saliva also does not stink at all . Only place where I can smell this bad odor is when I touch back of my tongue and thn sniff I can smell the exact same smell which is comming frm my mouth. Im thinking my problem is my lungs ad I am also diagnosed with sibo and Im now on my yhird week of sibo treatment but it has done nothing positive . I got rifaximine an antibiotic which only works in the intensines but It does notjing to improve my bad breath...

The weird thing is that I get rid of bad breath temporary only by usinng : azytromicine an antibiotic , betaine hcl and hydrogen peroxide . I have to take atleast 3 capsules with every meal to get relief from bb for about 2-3 hours. But after that bb comes back. If I gargle and brush my tongue with pure hydrogen peroxide in te morning for 10 minutes I can be bad breath free for 5-6 hours .

Its really a mystery this bad breath sometimes it makes me think its in my mouth but thn why does betaine hcl work temporary ??? Betaine hcl increases stomach acid and has nothing to do with my throat, tongue or mouth.

I had endoscopies of my stomach a few times they never found anything .
Norman

Post by Norman »

aydinmur wrote:
Norman wrote:I am sure now that my bb is not comming from my colon or gut as I also took rifaximine which is a anti biotic that only works in the gut and colon and it did nothing absulutly nothing ... also flagyl did nothing . Only anti biotic that worked is this azytromicine or ciproflaxcine but cipro didnt work that well because the bad breath used to return on the same day in the evening. But if I take azytromicine Im bad breath free for complete 2 days with one pill of 550 mg or two pills of 250 in one day.

Dear Norman,
One only thing can exactly be said, your halitosis mainly takes origin from bacterial action at anywhere in your body.

Its clear that: This bacteria are sensetive to azytromicine but not cipro nor flagyl. This info does not give its address(es). Rifampycine or azytromicine are delivered to every where in the body, not only colon or gut. These antibiotics supress every microbiota. Unfortunately it is impossible to know exact location(s) of responsible bacterium by treating different antibiotics. Note that, the responsible bacterial species can be harbored in more than one place. This is other face of fact.

I wish I could give good news
-Murat

Thank you for your reply sir ,

Its really a mystery doctor . One thing is for sure my bad breath is not comming from my intensines if that was the case rifaximine would have worked for sure as this anti biotic only works in the intensines.

My bad breath can be smelt from 5-6 inch anf it is strong . If I eat it smells like the food I ate for 2-3 hours after that the smell gets worse it gets like mix of the food I ate and rotten smell of eggs.

Things that worked for me temporary are azytromicine , BETAINE HCL and hydrogen peroxide .

If I take 3 capsules of betaine hcl with every meal Im bad brearh free for a few hours thn the bad breath returns. Betaine hcl increases stomach acid thats why I think I dont have enougj stomach acid .

But ... if I dont have enough stomach acid then why does the anti biotic azytromicine work?? Even if I dont tale betaine hcl and I only take azytromicine I can get rid of bad breath for whole day.

But then also hydrogen perixide works if I gargle with it. i gargle with it for 10 minuted anf Im bad breath free for 5-6 hours . Which indicates that the problem lies in the mouth ?? But then again why does betaine hcl work which increases stomach acid ???

I have had endoscopies of my stomach a few times first time they found helicobacter pelory And after the anti biotic course I got rid of it .. recently I got tested for it again , again endoscopy and they took a swap of my stomach but they did not find anything .

Note: im diagnosed with sibo but the sibo tratment does nothing for me itd my third week on rifaximine 550 twife a day . I have to tzke ot for 4 weeks but Im afraid it will give me more problems Im thinking to stop the course.

Can you please give me some suggestion from the info I gave you ? Im verry thankful to you that you are willing to help and responding so quick I wish there were doctors lile you in my country :(
mindspace
Advanced

Re: Staphylococcus aureus and PND

Post by mindspace »

Hi Norman Do you know frequent use of antibiotics what led to-leaky gut,yeast overgrowth and toxic mold because you've lost serious amount of good bacteria.You should take now serious amount of probiotic,not antibiotic and maybe antifungal as well.And you should eat healthy.Otherwise you make your situation the worst-it is what I have now.
Norman
Re: Staphylococcus aureus and PND

Post by Norman »

mindspace wrote:Hi Norman Do you know frequent use of antibiotics what led to-leaky gut,yeast overgrowth and toxic mold because you've lost serious amount of good bacteria.You should take now serious amount of probiotic,not antibiotic and maybe antifungal as well.And you should eat healthy.Otherwise you make your situation the worst-it is what I have now.

I am taking antibiotics only this year. I am suffering from bb for more thn 10 years now. I have been taking expensive and one of the best probiotics for 5 years and it did nothing for me I only wasted money on it !!! Probiotics are good if your bad breath comes frm your colon or intensines but thats not my case . After all these years of taking probiotics I now have bacterial overgrow in my intensines thats why Im taking antibiotics. Atleast with anti biotics I get temporary relief .probiotics arz Sh!t believe me. Im also tested for candida and I dont have candida
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic