Your Email Address:

First Name:

LEMON PULP AND BAKING SODA FOR TYPE 1

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Sam2

Post by Sam2 »

Here's a formula for temporarily eradicating those anaerobic bacteria and the VSCs...
Get a small glass and a teaspoon.
Add a pinch or 2 of baking soda.
Peel off some pulp of the inside of a lemon and add it.
Mix it around with a teaspoon.
Stick your tongue out.
Let that pulp sit on your tongue as far back as you can without gagging.
A minute later, spit it out.
Use a tongue scraper to take it all out.

The VSCs always come back; there is no permanent 'cure.'
But baking soda and lemon are both anti-VSC, and letting it sit on your tongue as a pulp gives it more time to work than a rinse / paste does.
And... it's natural and inexpensive.

I have tried other natural solutions, including Glycerin, Xylitol, Salt... as well as Chlorhexidrine Dicluconate, Chlorine Dioxide, Hydrogen Peroxide (not even mentioning the hopeless most commercial scented mouthwashes)... visited various useless Fresh Breath centres... eradicated heliocobacter pylori, only for it to come back again... endured endoscopies... I have acid reflux... so I have a lot of experience :P ... and ... the lemon pulp/baking soda is my favourite at the moment.

Do note that these anaerobic bacteria that colonise our mouths are here to stay (although please feel free to inform me otherwise, open up a clinic and cure mankind) and this is just a temporary solution just to treat Type 1, and without needing to mention that it doesn't work for smokers, drinkers, spicy-food eaters and the like.

Johnv713
Advanced
Re: LEMON PULP AND BAKING SODA FOR TYPE 1

Post by Johnv713 »

No offense but a water pik + oral probiotics is the best bacteria removal method bar none. Evrything else is child play even antibiotic and scalding. Stop wasting your time and money on trivial things folks :)
crazy4it
Advanced

Post by crazy4it »

How do you exactly use waterpick and probiotics together?
Sam2

Post by Sam2 »

@Johnv713
Thanks for your input.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterpik-Aquariu ... QQ0VU?th=1
Water pik Cost: 80.93$
https://www.amazon.com/PRO-Dental-Probi ... B9JIG?th=1
Probiotics cost: 21.80$
https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Oralbi ... oralbiotic
Probiotics cost: 43.45$

I have been experimenting different methods for 25 years and have been down both the Waterpik and Probiotics routes (I refer to the brands above which I have bought and used.)
Waterpik - Most of bb (Type 1) comes from the tongue... I read your posts about blasting with the Waterpik, although my personal experience is that a blast is not as effective as a brush... a brush gets down deeper to where the bacteria are, whereas a blast stays more on the surface... a scrape is good too, although I am open-minded enough to try a post I have read on this forum that a scrape is not good. (I am of course talking about the tongue, there is no doubt that Waterpik is a good interdental solution, although I am not sure if it recedes gums in the long term, so I'll still go with the floss.)
Probiotics - The theories behind probiotics are great... use an antibacterial rinse to clear the bacteria from the mouth and repopulate it with non bb-producting bacteria. I have used them and they are not bad. But once you stop using them, guess what happens?

I have many solutions that work for me: Chlorhexidrine Gluconate, Hydrogen Peroxide (mixed with water or baking soda), etc. etc... and I have no doubt that Waterpik and Probiotics work for you... but I'm trying to go down a different route at the moment... besides creating an systematic environment which discourages the oral production of VSCs through nutrition, I'm also trying more natural antibacterial ingredients to treat locally... lemon pulp rests on your tongue and soaks into it... and baking soda is a great warrior against bb. Anyway, this method is just one of several natural remedies.

I would not describe reading about, or trying new methods to combat bb as 'trivial,' and definitely not a waste of time (I have read about several new ides from this forum)... and lemon and baking soda is far cheaper than Waterpik and Probiotics.

So, once again, thanks for your input, but do recognise that there are several solutions and it helps no-one when you try to knock down a solution which works for a certain person...

For example, I read your posts about Waterpik and Probiotics and have given a detailed explanation why I do not do it anymore... but I'm not going to say it's a waste of time or money...

After all, this forum is for sharing positively, which is what I am doing.
Sam2

TYPE 1 TONGUE

Post by Sam2 »

I see that I am introduced here as a Total Newbie... perhaps in posting, but definitely not information-wise...

Referring to my above post, I read that the anaerobic bacteria in the mouth might thrive in slightly alkaline conditions, which is why lemon (acid) neutralises them completely...

But more experimenting has provided a less-complicated solution...

I have been recently curing my white tongue by the method outlined below...

Firstly, the reasoning...
Type 1 BB is produced by Suphides (Hydrogen Sulphide, Dimethyl Sulphide), Methyl Mercaptan...

How are Sulphides neutralised?
Let's look at remedies...

H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide)
NaHCO3 (Bicarbonate of Soda)
ClO2 (Chlorine Dioxide)
NaClO (Sodium Chlorite)
(Bleach is Sodium Hypochlorite)
Commercial Rinse (C22H30Cl2N10 + C21H38ClN + ZnC4H10O6)
Salt (Sodium Chloride - NaCl)

Basically, the cures are Cl and O2... Clorine and Oxygen...
Clorine stains the teeth and tongue...
So, just looking at the Oxygen options, and we have simple H20 (water)...

Various breath centres and online reading recommends brushing the tongue with various products... but why do that, when the act of brushing alone, together with H20, (which has oxygen to neutralise the Sulphides) can work....

But that's already written on several threads on this forum...
The secret is in how to do it...

Recently, I discovered the following method...
I have a glass of water (H20) and a tongue brush...
I dip the tongue brush inside the glass of water, (not flicking the water off) then brush my tongue (mostly at the back) 3-4 times...
Then, I repeat... 4 times...

Guess what?
After 4 brushes, the water in the glass is cloudy!
I change the water in the glass, and dip a tongue scraper in the glass and scrape the tongue...
After I complete the process, my tongue is red again...
The whiteness has been transferred from the tongue to the glass and down the sink...

I'm really impressed with this method, as I can see it working physically...

Hope it can help someone if they have a white tongue problem... try it!

:D
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

"Do note that these anaerobic bacteria that colonise our mouths are here to stay (although please feel free to inform me otherwise, open up a clinic and cure mankind) and this is just a temporary solution just to treat Type 1, and without needing to mention that it doesn't work for smokers, drinkers, spicy-food eaters and the like."

I don't believe the bad bacteria are here to stay. You have to STOP feeding them. No carbs and no sugar.

Also lemon is an acid. The bad bacteria love an acidic environment. Use salt instead. You want your mouth to be as alkaline as possible. There is misinformation on the net that the mouth should be acidic. This is false. Read the research, the mouth should be alkaline. As a matter of fact the anaerobic bacteria feeds on sugar, excretes acid as a result causing the stink. Baking soda neutralizes the acid reducing the stink. Stop the sugar/carbs and they can no longer cause the stink. This includes xylitol that sugar alcohol makes my breath horrible!!! One of the best mouthwashes is the formula developed by the sleeping prophet Edgar Cayce. Look it up...totally alkaline and it works!!!
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Johnv713 wrote:No offense but a water pik + oral probiotics is the best bacteria removal method bar none. Evrything else is child play even antibiotic and scalding. Stop wasting your time and money on trivial things folks :)
Water piks and probiotics didn't work for me. And I've tried different probiotics
Sam2

Post by Sam2 »

@Hopeful One.

The bacteria are here to stay, you can only kill them for a few hours... various articles have varying information, with some suggesting that there are about 100 million bacteria living in the mouth, with those even living in a clean mouth have 1,000-100,000 bacteria living on each tooth surface... the bacteria themselves are not bad, it's just that they break down certain elements to produce VSCs. Some try to alter the bacterial populations within the oral cavity, but that doesn't seem to work... once an anaerobic environment is present, the bacteria produce VSCs.

Where you are right is that you have to stop feeding them.
As for no carbs, no sugar, if you're suggesting eating protein... these bacteria feed on protein...

Yes, it's correct that the bacteria can thrive in acidic conditions, but I would suggest it's more important to focus on creating an aerobic environment. Lemon stimulates the salivary glands. Definitely do not advise others to not use lemon in their diet, that's really outrageous, given the benefits of lemon.

As for the 'stink' that you refer to, these are sulphides, not acid. Hydrogen Sulphide, Dimethyl Sulphide and Methyl Mercaptan, as well as other compounds...

Noted that sleeping prophet already found the solution that scientific researchers are still working on...
Sam2

READ THE RESEARCH

Post by Sam2 »

Lemon has a pH of 2.2 according to wikipedia...
Attachments
PH.png
PH.png (82.99 KiB) Viewed 2997 times
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

Maybe give them a dose of lemon first and end with the baking soda. Killing them two ways.

What about saltwater, what does it do really? I just tested mine that i make it has a PH arounf 6.5-7.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Sam2 wrote:@Hopeful One.

The bacteria are here to stay, you can only kill them for a few hours... various articles have varying information, with some suggesting that there are about 100 million bacteria living in the mouth, with those even living in a clean mouth have 1,000-100,000 bacteria living on each tooth surface... the bacteria themselves are not bad, it's just that they break down certain elements to produce VSCs. Some try to alter the bacterial populations within the oral cavity, but that doesn't seem to work... once an anaerobic environment is present, the bacteria produce VSCs.

Where you are right is that you have to stop feeding them.
As for no carbs, no sugar, if you're suggesting eating protein... these bacteria feed on protein...

Yes, it's correct that the bacteria can thrive in acidic conditions, but I would suggest it's more important to focus on creating an aerobic environment. Lemon stimulates the salivary glands. Definitely do not advise others to not use lemon in their diet, that's really outrageous, given the benefits of lemon.

As for the 'stink' that you refer to, these are sulphides, not acid. Hydrogen Sulphide, Dimethyl Sulphide and Methyl Mercaptan, as well as other compounds...

Noted that sleeping prophet already found the solution that scientific researchers are still working on...
The bad bacteria feeds on sugar and carbs...it's a known fact!! People do your research!! Don't rely on Bad breath clinic information...they just haven't worked for us, yet took our money.

Lemons are alkaline in the body yet acidic in the mouth. You want to create an alkaline environment so ditch the lemons. I have given up my lemons and oranges, my breath is fresher. Plus lemon can harm your tooth enamel because of the acid.

Everyone please do your own research...Therabreath and those products spouting VSC's anaerobic vs aerobic just haven't worked for us on this board. How many of you are getting results from cheap sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) Its cheap and effective. Creating an alkaline environment is the way to go!! If it were a case of oxygen, hydrogen peroxide alone should have worked but it hasn't, although sometimes I do add to the baking soda.

My bad bacteria count is reducing. What grows back on my tongue is minimum...my tongue was a horrible white and yellow before the diet and baking soda
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Brushing the tongue with baking soda has worked wonders for me since i started two weeks ago. Will keep this up. Got 9 hours fresh the other day.

As for the other argument about sulphides creating the bad breath. Sure. But sulphides are created in everyone. We are just missing the strains of bacteria responsible for cleaning up after them (Strepco salivarus (spelling error yep)). I am hoping to reintroduce them with a professional fecal transplant that I plan on doing early next year and curing myself permanently.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

I'm sorry if I came off as argumentative, I don't mean to...it's just that I have suffered for over 40 years and have spent thousands of dollars. I just want to help whoever I can. I don't want anyone to suffer the many years of embarrassment that I have. I've lost many good men, now I'm older and single. I've suffered professionally and personally. Don't give up keep fighting!!
Sam2

BB

Post by Sam2 »

@Hopeful One...
I don't mind you being argumentative as long as your information is correct...

Some of it is, some of it isn't...

The bacteria are not bad... the by-products smell bad... and they don't just feed on sugar and carbs... there are no sugar and carbs being consumed at night-time, yet there is morning breath... because the salivary glands switch off at night... no oxygen-rich saliva, hence a dry environment, therefore some sulphur-producing bacteria multiply, releasing sulphur and morning breath results...

As for your request for people to do their own research, I suggest you listen to your own advice and read more about aerobic and anaerobic environments. There are scientific papers on the internet, you just have to access them.

The quotation below was not from any mouthwash brand.

Definitely don't give up lemons...

I really suggest you don't post on other people's threads unless you are making a positive contribution and are correct information-wise...

I'm not the only one on this forum who doesn't post a lot due to others jumping on them to criticise the information without having correct information themselves.

Brushing the tongue with H20 makes the water in the glass cloudy, taking the sulphur from the tongue out and into the glass... if this information can help at least one person, then I will be satisfied.
Sam2

ORAL BACTERIA FEED ON...

Post by Sam2 »

"The bad bacteria feeds on sugar and carbs...it's a known fact!!"
About this statement, the bacteria themselves aren't bad, the by-products smell bad... as for what they feed on, read the Dr.s post on this forum... here is an excerpt..
Attachments
ORAL BACTERIA LIVE ON PROTEINS copy.png
ORAL BACTERIA LIVE ON PROTEINS copy.png (64.95 KiB) Viewed 2855 times
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic