Your Email Address:

First Name:

OMG im almost cured. Must read!!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Obsessed
Total Newbie

Re: OMG im almost cured. Must read!!!

Post by Obsessed »

Just wanted to check in again. This is still a highly effective treatment. Still get BB in the evening/night so I chew some gum but I feel so much more confident. Only $25 on Amazon for 50 tablets (Naturewise Oral probiotics), and since I only use one a day it's not straining my budget.

For any of you still looking to try this, I strongly recommend it...so happy I figured this out.

Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

Cool. Im still using it on and off as maintenace.
Myhealthrepublic
Total Newbie

Post by Myhealthrepublic »

Johnv713 wrote:Howdy from Texas!!!

Please read my post in its entirety before making judgement.

I have had bad breaths for 3 bleeping decades due to excessive used of antibiotics when i was a kid. Over the years, I've tried pretty much everything under the sun includes Zinc supplement, hydrogen peroxide, chloryphyll, activated carbon, tonsilectomy, baking soda, Smarthmouth, Therabreath, candida meds, etc, and even paid $500 to have a dentist looked at the biofilm in my mouth under a microscope and implemented a special mouth rinse made by him. Nothing works!

Below is the routine I religiously follow and I can tell my malodor is 90% gone. It may not work for all of you but i can almost gurantee that it will for most. Various studies concluded most cases of halitosis originate fromt the mouth unless you have some other underlying causes like diabetese, Gerd, other med conditions, etc. So most likely your bad breath is coming from the mouth.

1. Scrape the living day light out of your tounge as far back as possible. The gagging reflex should subside with time. Just be patience.

2. Use oxygenating toothpaste on teeth and tounge. Anerobic bacteria in your mouth dislike oxygen.

3. Use " dental" probiotics, not the one for your gut. (What?? Probiotics didnt work for you? Please read on) The label should say dental/oral. Most of the probiotics for your stomach wont survive the acid in the gut thus rendering it less effective than the probiotics specifically designed for the mouth.

The bottle i purchased is one tablet dissolved in mouth in the morning and before bedtime. I went the aggressive route and took 2 in the morning and two at night. Within 2-3 days i noticed the coating on y toung turned white instead of the usual nasty yellow gunks. Sorry that was kinda graphic :) My bad breath and dry mouth reduced significantly. On subsequent days it increasingly gotten better and better eventhough i cut down to 2 pills a day.

I wont name the brand since i dont want anyone to think i have an ulterior motive. Just google dental probiotics and you'll get a list. If you really want to know just PM me because the one im using is quite effective, at least for me it is.

G'luck and thank me later ..smiley.
Thanks for your story and updates JohnV. I'm new to here and have tried everything over the past 30 years to no avail.
Can you please confirm the Oral Probiotic and Toothpaste you have been using?
[email protected]
Much appreciated... Mark
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

Dead wrote:I feel like it has helped with my tongue coating. Unfortunately i seem to have multiple sources. I also have a smell coming from further down my throat. It's not a cure for me.
hi Dead
it didn't work for me either, it merely masked the odor a bit, for a couple of hours tops. Same reason as you, the bb comes from my throat and deep in the pharyinx, which is sticky because of mucus and the smell is rotten. Have you found a way to manage the smell coming from down there?
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

steffna wrote:
Dead wrote:I feel like it has helped with my tongue coating. Unfortunately i seem to have multiple sources. I also have a smell coming from further down my throat. It's not a cure for me.
hi Dead
it didn't work for me either, it merely masked the odor a bit, for a couple of hours tops. Same reason as you, the bb comes from my throat and deep in the pharyinx, which is sticky because of mucus and the smell is rotten. Have you found a way to manage the smell coming from down there?
Hi Steffna
This throat bb has been really hard to treat for me. It comes back almost immediately after brushing, even that bleach solution doesn't seem to affect it. Sometimes when i haven't eaten for a whole day i think it gets reduced a little. What about you? Have you found anything that helps?
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

ATTENTION FOLKS!!!!!!

The reaon why the probiotics only work temporarily is simply because the bac count eventhough in the billions per tablet isnt enough to physically evict the smelly bac that been camping and multiplying in your mouth, for God knows how long(years).

For example, to overun an established enemy position on a battlefield you'd need at least a 2:1 friends to enemies ratio, in most cases. Anything less is probably futile in achieving your objective, the unless each and evryone of your men is the Terminator clone :)

No amount of brushing, garling, or oil pulling will drastically reduce the foul odor producting bacteria below the gum line to where the probiotics can entrench themselves. The best practical way , that i know of, is to employ a Waterpik unless you go in for a deep cleaning every few days. Which will drain your wallet faster than having a gf/wife :)

Im not trying to convince you to go out there and buy soemthing you dont need, but this is science speaking.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

Johnv713 wrote:ATTENTION FOLKS!!!!!!

The reaon why the probiotics only work temporarily is simply because the bac count eventhough in the billions per tablet isnt enough to physically evict the smelly bac that been camping and multiplying in your mouth, for God knows how long(years).

No amount of brushing, garling, or oil pulling will drastically reduce the foul odor producting bacteria below the gum line to where the probiotics can entrench themselves. The best practical way , that i know of, is to employ a Waterpik unless you go in for a deep cleaning every few days. Which will drain your wallet faster than having a gf/wife :)
hi John,
thanks for your advice. You mean use a waterpik to clean the pockets of gums? That would be beneficial I suppose. The thing is I have my teeth cleaning every 6 months, the dentist really makes my teeth sparkle and when I asked she said no particular amount of waste was in my pockets, just the normal amount you get. I don't know if using it every day would make a difference though, but it won't hurt to try. I have a feeling my problem originates somewhere else, it's not just my mouth that smells, also body, scalp etc.
Last edited by steffna on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

Hi Steffna
This throat bb has been really hard to treat for me. It comes back almost immediately after brushing, even that bleach solution doesn't seem to affect it. Sometimes when i haven't eaten for a whole day i think it gets reduced a little. What about you? Have you found anything that helps?[/quote]

same! can smell it from my throat even while brushing. When I don't eat my breath smells fecal as usual but I have less amount of yellow gunk in back of my tongue. If I do eat something it becomes a combination of bad breath + food odor = unapproachable
I really don't know, I've been searching my entire life for an answer. My father has it too that's why I'm discouraged. To answer your question, I haven't found anything that helps so far.
I was thinking of giving antifungal meds ( fluconazole) another try. I did a 2 weeks course one year ago without improvements, but I was not strict with my diet I admit. In case this curse originates from a yeast infection. Where do you think yours originate from? I know, one million dollar question... :D
hang in there
Steff
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

Hi Steffna

I think it's great you get your teeth clean every 6 month,keep it up. However bacteria gets under our gum and populates every single day. Flossing, brushing and other means of removal help but the high pressure jet from a water pik really get down to the source (under gum)

I, too, experienced the smell coming from my throat in the past but with the aid of a wp over the course of a few months i can definitely tell the stench from my esophagus subsided. It takes time, just be patient. Its been a life saver for me and made my life worth living again after 30 plus years. I trying to repeat my story repeatedly because years ago i was like most of you on here dismiss the effect of a wp.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

Johnv713 wrote:Hi Steffna

I think it's great you get your teeth clean every 6 month,keep it up. However bacteria gets under our gum and populates every single day. Flossing, brushing and other means of removal help but the high pressure jet from a water pik really get down to the source (under gum)

I, too, experienced the smell coming from my throat in the past but with the aid of a wp over the course of a few months i can definitely tell the stench from my esophagus subsided. It takes time, just be patient. Its been a life saver for me and made my life worth living again after 30 plus years. I trying to repeat my story repeatedly because years ago i was like most of you on here dismiss the effect of a wp.
thanks John, I appreciate your help! I guess I have nothing to lose. I'll order a wp from amazon when I'll get my next salary. Just added on my to-do list. It's interesting the stench from your esophagus stopped. It makes me wonder if it originates in our guts, or it's just in our mouths, but saliva and swallowing distribute this bacteria deep down our throats, and it also makes our tongue coated. Who knows.
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

I paid about $70 for mine. Bought one for about $30 off of amazon for my dad to combat his wife wn bb. Cant tell you about the quality but it's more affordable than mine. Just throwing out there for those looking for a more affordable Wp.

Yeah it's kinda surprising the odor from my esophagus lessen the last few months. I attributed that to the bad guys from my tounge and gums arent as many in number, due to daily use of the water flosser (wp) )thus reducing the acitivity of csv bac in my esophagus. Sorta like kill two burds with one stone, if you will :)
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

steffna wrote:
Hi Steffna
This throat bb has been really hard to treat for me. It comes back almost immediately after brushing, even that bleach solution doesn't seem to affect it. Sometimes when i haven't eaten for a whole day i think it gets reduced a little. What about you? Have you found anything that helps?

same! can smell it from my throat even while brushing. When I don't eat my breath smells fecal as usual but I have less amount of yellow gunk in back of my tongue. If I do eat something it becomes a combination of bad breath + food odor = unapproachable
I really don't know, I've been searching my entire life for an answer. My father has it too that's why I'm discouraged. To answer your question, I haven't found anything that helps so far.
I was thinking of giving antifungal meds ( fluconazole) another try. I did a 2 weeks course one year ago without improvements, but I was not strict with my diet I admit. In case this curse originates from a yeast infection. Where do you think yours originate from? I know, one million dollar question... :D
hang in there
Steff
That's good i think that you're gonna try antifungals. We seem to be in a similar line of thinking, i have actually planned on trying Nystatin soon. About your question, if i had to guess right now i would say some kind of gut dysbiosis. Do you also have stomach problems or IBS like symptoms? Since i got this throat bb i have been very bloated and getting stomach ache every day.
You hang in there too!
Dead
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

That's good i think that you're gonna try antifungals. We seem to be in a similar line of thinking, i have actually planned on trying Nystatin soon. About your question, if i had to guess right now i would say some kind of gut dysbiosis. Do you also have stomach problems or IBS like symptoms? Since i got this throat bb i have been very bloated and getting stomach ache every day.
You hang in there too!
Dead[/quote]

I don't have stomach aches, but I am bloated all the time, once I was even asked if I was pregnant, no joking ](*,) I am out of breath when I eat also, and sometimes my heartbeat increases when eating. I guess it is caused by the hiatal hernia and/or LPR.
I agree with you, something that is out of balance in your guts is affecting everything else, I feel if we don't solve the original problem, all the rest is just band aids.
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

steffna wrote:That's good i think that you're gonna try antifungals. We seem to be in a similar line of thinking, i have actually planned on trying Nystatin soon. About your question, if i had to guess right now i would say some kind of gut dysbiosis. Do you also have stomach problems or IBS like symptoms? Since i got this throat bb i have been very bloated and getting stomach ache every day.
You hang in there too!
Dead

I don't have stomach aches, but I am bloated all the time, once I was even asked if I was pregnant, no joking ](*,) I am out of breath when I eat also, and sometimes my heartbeat increases when eating. I guess it is caused by the hiatal hernia and/or LPR.
I agree with you, something that is out of balance in your guts is affecting everything else, I feel if we don't solve the original problem, all the rest is just band aids.
Same here. Some of my friends thinks i'm a secret alcoholic because of my "beer" belly lol. I also often get rapid heart beat after eating. Another thing i'm gonna try is the antibiotic rifaximin. That one isn't absorbed by the bloodstream like most ones, so it only kills bacteria in the digestive tract. If it works then i'll know for sure it's something in my gut.
Fhaye
Total Newbie

Post by Fhaye »

Johnv713 wrote:Howdy from Texas!!!

Please read my post in its entirety before making judgement.

I have had bad breaths for 3 bleeping decades due to excessive used of antibiotics when i was a kid. Over the years, I've tried pretty much everything under the sun includes Zinc supplement, hydrogen peroxide, chloryphyll, activated carbon, tonsilectomy, baking soda, Smarthmouth, Therabreath, candida meds, etc, and even paid $500 to have a dentist looked at the biofilm in my mouth under a microscope and implemented a special mouth rinse made by him. Nothing works!

Below is the routine I religiously follow and I can tell my malodor is 90% gone. It may not work for all of you but i can almost gurantee that it will for most. Various studies concluded most cases of halitosis originate fromt the mouth unless you have some other underlying causes like diabetese, Gerd, other med conditions, etc. So most likely your bad breath is coming from the mouth.

1. Scrape the living day light out of your tounge as far back as possible. The gagging reflex should subside with time. Just be patience.

2. Use oxygenating toothpaste on teeth and tounge. Anerobic bacteria in your mouth dislike oxygen.

3. Use " dental" probiotics, not the one for your gut. (What?? Probiotics didnt work for you? Please read on) The label should say dental/oral. Most of the probiotics for your stomach wont survive the acid in the gut thus rendering it less effective than the probiotics specifically designed for the mouth.

The bottle i purchased is one tablet dissolved in mouth in the morning and before bedtime. I went the aggressive route and took 2 in the morning and two at night. Within 2-3 days i noticed the coating on y toung turned white instead of the usual nasty yellow gunks. Sorry that was kinda graphic :) My bad breath and dry mouth reduced significantly. On subsequent days it increasingly gotten better and better eventhough i cut down to 2 pills a day.

I wont name the brand since i dont want anyone to think i have an ulterior motive. Just google dental probiotics and you'll get a list. If you really want to know just PM me because the one im using is quite effective, at least for me it is.

G'luck and thank me later ..smiley.

Hi can u please let me know the name of the pill ubused? Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic