Your Email Address:

First Name:

almost FOUND the reason...Stinky saliva from tonsils?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halpMe
Total Newbie

almost FOUND the reason...Stinky saliva from tonsils?

Post by halpMe »

I almost found the reason of my fecal bad breath after two years (or more).
I have bad breath right after I wash my teeth. Last week, I flossed my teeth as usual. For the first time, I smelled it and it smelled like poop. The next day, I washed my teeth and used a waterpik and cleaned my gums with a "salty solution". My saliva was normal so I instantly put a finger on the tongue e licked my wrist and was so happy that my saliva tasted like nothing. While I was doing those two tests, I could feel like bad breath was "stuck" in my throat. Touched my tonsil with my index finger and it smelled like poop, it was so stinky. I don't have tonsils stones and my tonsils are normal and little but I gotta say I have like two bumps, one per tonsils, that have the same color of my tonsils but the doctor said it's normal.
I have a few allergies and so my nose produce a lot of mucus every day. I think the cause of my fecal bad breath is pnd. What do you think?
In a few months (don't have the money right now),I'll go to an ent. I go to an allergist for free cause I have asthma and he is trying to alleviate all the symptomps I have. Next time, I'm gonna ask him how to reduce my pnd.
If you have pnd, caused by allergies, how do you stop it?

Dead
Advanced
Re: almost FOUND the reason...Stinky saliva from tonsils?

Post by Dead »

How can you be sure there are no stones hidden in your tonsils? Those bumps could be filled with something, stones or even pus. If your finger smells when you touch your tonsil but not the surrounding area, there is something going on with them. If i were you i would cut one of them open to check it out.
halpMe
Total Newbie

Post by halpMe »

Dead wrote:How can you be sure there are no stones hidden in your tonsils? Those bumps could be filled with something, stones or even pus. If your finger smells when you touch your tonsil but not the surrounding area, there is something going on with them. If i were you i would cut one of them open to check it out.
http://imgur.com/a/8Xc5c
As you can see, I don't have big tonsils but they do have kinda holes.
I noticed that my palate is covered with sticky saliva.
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

Yeah they look small. I used to have small ones too but i still had tonsil stones. Managed to convince my doctor to remove them.

Sometimes they don't come out on their own so maybe you have stones hidden inside them somewhere.
impactdial

Post by impactdial »

Dead wrote:Yeah they look small. I used to have small ones too but i still had tonsil stones. Managed to convince my doctor to remove them.

Sometimes they don't come out on their own so maybe you have stones hidden inside them somewhere.
Yeah I vouch for this, I have small tonsils and i never cough tonsil stones, but for the first time a week ago I saw white spots on my left tonsil and a tonsil stones that I still can't dislodge till this day lol. Have you got any advice how to get it out, it's really stuck.

Did removing your tonsils help you dead?
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

impactdial wrote:
Dead wrote:Yeah they look small. I used to have small ones too but i still had tonsil stones. Managed to convince my doctor to remove them.

Yeah I vouch for this, I have small tonsils and i never cough tonsil stones, but for the first time a week ago I saw white spots on my left tonsil and a tonsil stones that I still can't dislodge till this day lol. Have you got any advice how to get it out, it's really stuck.

Do you gargle anything for your daily routine?
halpMe
Total Newbie

Post by halpMe »

impactdial wrote: Yeah I vouch for this, I have small tonsils and i never cough tonsil stones, but for the first time a week ago I saw white spots on my left tonsil and a tonsil stones that I still can't dislodge till this day lol. Have you got any advice how to get it out, it's really stuck.
I'm going to an ENT in 7 weeks. I don't have any advice for you, sorry.
halpMe
Total Newbie

Post by halpMe »

fog wrote: Do you gargle anything for your daily routine?
I sometimes gargle with salty water or with free alcohol mouthwash but don't give me any benefits because I can't reach my tonsils while gargling. I tried to use a syringe with water to clean my tonsils but I choke everytime. I'd like to know how to clean the outer surface of my tonsils. That's hard because my tonsils are really small but wanna definitely clean them too see if there is any improvement.
halpMe
Total Newbie

Post by halpMe »

I just discovered I have a few hidden tonsil stone. I'm so glad I found them cause I didn't think little tonsils, like mine, could have tonils stones
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

impactdial wrote:

No Impactdial it didn't help me.
halpMe
Total Newbie

Post by halpMe »

I went to the ENT. He told me my bad breath can be caused by PND and tonsils. He recommended me to go to a "public" ENT to get a tonsillectomy for free. After the tonsillectomy, I should ask for a septoplasty and a turbinate reduction. After that, I have to talk with my allergologist to reduce the mucus produced by allergies.
These three surgeries are covered by my insurance. I only have to pay 60 euros to go to the ENT's. The problem is, I'm 20, and my parents say tonsils are important, I don't have bad breath, even if yesterday I breathed literally on my mum face and she turned her head disgusted, etc. It's been three days we're "quarrelling". I don't know what to do.
Sorry for the grammar errors but I don't want to check what I wrote because I'm too sad.. ](*,)
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

halpMe wrote:I went to the ENT. He told me my bad breath can be caused by PND and tonsils. He recommended me to go to a "public" ENT to get a tonsillectomy for free. After the tonsillectomy, I should ask for a septoplasty and a turbinate reduction. After that, I have to talk with my allergologist to reduce the mucus produced by allergies.
These three surgeries are covered by my insurance. I only have to pay 60 euros to go to the ENT's. The problem is, I'm 20, and my parents say tonsils are important, I don't have bad breath, even if yesterday I breathed literally on my mum face and she turned her head disgusted, etc. It's been three days we're "quarrelling". I don't know what to do.
Sorry for the grammar errors but I don't want to check what I wrote because I'm too sad.. ](*,)
I'm sorry, I'm not a doctor so I don't know if the surgeries will help or not. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. I don't think tonsils are important when you're an adult.
My intuition tells me the problem with us won't stop unless we find a way to stop the mucus. Not having tonsils anymore can help reduce stagnation and stench, but you'll keep having mucus in your throat, so we need to figure out where it comes from and why. If you think it's allergies I'd ask my doctor for medication for that and see what happens.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic