Your Email Address:

First Name:

bb elimination list

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
kiki

bb elimination list

Post by kiki »

For all of those who have bb but don’t know its cause, try an elimination list. Maybe using an anatomy picture of the nose, mouth, throat and digestive system would help. Put a sign on every part that you find is not the cause.

This needs a visit to the dentist, an ENT visit with possibly an endoscope for the nose and beginning of esophagus, and a doctor to examine the digestive problems. Knowing the problem is half the solution.

A small warning is that you may be turned down by more than one doctor. Just try and try again, don’t give up, there is a cause for your bb and you need to start the search. Perhaps if you showed the doctor that you are so desperate to know the cause, he would then takes it seriously.

whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

1. i have tonsils
2. went to ENT, he check my sinus and just gave me nasal spray. told me to come back in a month for another check up.
3. i have hairy tongue
4. went to another doctor he said it might come from the stomach so he gave me Prevacid pills.
5. went to another doctor he gave me some tongue threatment (my biggest waste of money).

6.i don't cough tonsil stone anymore but my breath smells and taste like them when i don't eat or a few hours after eating.
7. when i eat the taste of the food stays there along with hot breath until i eat something else.

i don't really know where it's coming from for me.. but if i had to guess i think it comes from dept down the throat. maybe food devry getting stuck in the throat.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

whyme wrote: 7. when i eat the taste of the food stays there along with hot breath until i eat something else.
I think this is what defines our problem, it's like a cloud appears for a couple of hours after eating, with an aroma of whatever we've eaten, mixed up and made into some nasty stench.

Have you ever been successful in eliminating this? i e by doing a thorough cleanse after meals? I have certainly tried but never been entirely successful, even when brushing, flossing, gargling, scraping and sinus rinsing straight after a meal. It helps, but only to about 50% of taking away 'the cloud'.

:-({|=
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

a throrough cleanse of the mouth will not help the undigested broken down food particles in your throat area.

I wonder if there is a problem with the food moving down to the stomach. Why is anything stuck in the throat? Who feels like food is stuck to rot in the throat? Is there some blockage in the throat that cannot be detected by normal endoscope?

We need to compare symptoms.

People are not participating in this site anymore, and when that happens...we might as well call it quits. Look at the topic view vs responses. People think they will just read the magic answer, or find some secret potion that will just work immediately. I think we need to find out what we have in common, and try to make sense of what is going on.

[/rant]
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

So, basically the question is:

How can we clean deeper / further back towards or even in the throat?

I have some hope it will be possible to laser the posterior part of the actual tongue (the lingual tonsils) in the future, in order to make it less inviting for bacteria (by evening out the surface). Does anyone know a laser clinic that would be able to do that? I don't think that tonsil laser guy mentioned on this site is currently doing anything with the lingual tonsils, but maybe he could if we asked him to?

noptical
God

Post by noptical »

I don't think that doing that to lingual tonsils is a good idea. However I wonder if there is a procedure to shorten those hair-like things on the tongue forever. They are the one's who create the bacteria friendly environment since they work like a "sponge".
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

noptical wrote:I don't think that doing that to lingual tonsils is a good idea.
Why not :D ? That's where the most stench originates (at least for me) and it's structure welcomes large families of bac...

I guess like all tonsils the lingual tonsils have *some* function in the immune system, but probably no huge deal 8)
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Larc400 wrote:
noptical wrote:I don't think that doing that to lingual tonsils is a good idea.
Why not :D ? That's where the most stench originates (at least for me) and it's structure welcomes large families of bac...

I guess like all tonsils the lingual tonsils have *some* function in the immune system, but probably no huge deal 8)
Everyone has those tonsils and I never ever heard anyone removing them for any reason.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Me neither, but maybe it would suit us? Not removing them really, just evening out the surface. I don't think it's ever been done - but maybe a laser clinic would be willing to do it if there's an interest :roll:
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Larc400 wrote:Me neither, but maybe it would suit us? Not removing them really, just evening out the surface. I don't think it's ever been done - but maybe a laser clinic would be willing to do it if there's an interest :roll:
Haha no this is not car tweaking, its your body we're talking about they wont do whatever you ask. Besides, why in the world would someone do something that has never been tried before (or was it?)? Unless you don't mind risking your health.
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

Larc400 wrote:
whyme wrote: 7. when i eat the taste of the food stays there along with hot breath until i eat something else.
I think this is what defines our problem, it's like a cloud appears for a couple of hours after eating, with an aroma of whatever we've eaten, mixed up and made into some nasty stench.

Have you ever been successful in eliminating this? i e by doing a thorough cleanse after meals? I have certainly tried but never been entirely successful, even when brushing, flossing, gargling, scraping and sinus rinsing straight after a meal. It helps, but only to about 50% of taking away 'the cloud'.

:-({|=
you know what? i never being sucessful in doing that. right after i eat and brush i can still taste the food a bit. maybe is something in our throat that leaves food particles to rot there.
like some kind of pouch or something... but wierd thing is water is suppose to wash it out, if you drink water right after brushing but it doesn't. so that leaves us another question.

a place where food particles get in but water can't.
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

elliott wrote:a throrough cleanse of the mouth will not help the undigested broken down food particles in your throat area.

I wonder if there is a problem with the food moving down to the stomach. Why is anything stuck in the throat? Who feels like food is stuck to rot in the throat? Is there some blockage in the throat that cannot be detected by normal endoscope?

We need to compare symptoms.

People are not participating in this site anymore, and when that happens...we might as well call it quits. Look at the topic view vs responses. People think they will just read the magic answer, or find some secret potion that will just work immediately. I think we need to find out what we have in common, and try to make sense of what is going on.

[/rant]
maybe people are ashame of admiting they have a problem still. maybe for fear of someone finding out who they are.
i don't really care if someone i know find me on this site, if they do it will explain my problem in details and they will understand better.
but i agree with you though people should participate more in what we have in common, the first step into finding the cure is to admit you have a problem in the first place .
windows
Total Newbie

Post by windows »

I agree with the coments above.

Honestly, until I found this site a couple months ago, I felt like there must not be anyone else who had this horrible affliction. Or at least if they did, mine had to be worse. Not that it's a competition!

It's been helpful for me to hear from people who have the same symptoms, such as pnd, so I can compare notes as to what else to try. (Net pot!!!!)

Maybe we should have different threads for each symptom so we can try to compare what helps with each specific thing?

Clearly bb is a hard nut to crack and most likely has multiple (or many) contributors that need to be dealt with seperately. perhaps trying to take each one out individually will bring some relief?

At any rate, everyone on here is amazing and brave. I wish you all the best!
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

noptical wrote:
Larc400 wrote:Me neither, but maybe it would suit us? Not removing them really, just evening out the surface. I don't think it's ever been done - but maybe a laser clinic would be willing to do it if there's an interest :roll:
Haha no this is not car tweaking, its your body we're talking about they wont do whatever you ask. Besides, why in the world would someone do something that has never been tried before (or was it?)? Unless you don't mind risking your health.
If there's a demand the medical pros will try it. I study medicine and eagerness to try new methods (in order to finally gain their Nobel Prize :roll: ) is widespread. Yeah, I agree, it'll be hard to find a volunteer -- the function of the lingual tonsils is not well understood and smoothing their surface may have some negative effects. Many of us *are* willing to risk it though, if there's even a theoretical possibility it may help.

I'll check with some laser clinics and see what they say :shock: .
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

whyme wrote: maybe is something in our throat that leaves food particles to rot there.
like some kind of pouch or something... but wierd thing is water is suppose to wash it out, if you drink water right after brushing but it doesn't. so that leaves us another question.

a place where food particles get in but water can't.
read this thread i posted about a month back, which no-one seemed to think was significant

viewtopic.php?t=537
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic