Your Email Address:

First Name:

Life_Goes_On Updates

Tell us your story with bad breath
winter
Sheriff

Re: Life_Goes_On Updates

Post by winter »

Almost everyone can smell it. Some people are just more tolerant so they don't react at all. Few people will tell you the truth because it's a social taboo.

Some sufferers have met up. For some reason, everyone couldn't smell each other. I can't understand this part. Unless everyone has the same type and intensity of BB, how come our noses filtered out the smell? Some claimed to have BO too, but no one could smell it. To add on to the mystery, we have no problem smelling some other strangers with BO and BB on public transportation and so on.

How did your mom know she has BB?

Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

winter wrote:Almost everyone can smell it. Some people are just more tolerant so they don't react at all. Few people will tell you the truth because it's a social taboo.

Some sufferers have met up. For some reason, everyone couldn't smell each other. I can't understand this part. Unless everyone has the same type and intensity of BB, how come our noses filtered out the smell? Some claimed to have BO too, but no one could smell it. To add on to the mystery, we have no problem smelling some other strangers with BO and BB on public transportation and so on.

How did your mom know she has BB?
My mom said she thinks she have bad breath because she heard the "did you fart" comment a few times in her life, she thinks she overheard her coworkers one time ask the "do you smell that" question when she was talking before. And then she said one of her friends told her, her breath smells bad but that same friend also admitted to having a sensitive nose and it only happened once.

What we're experiencing is strange. I can smell other peoples bad breath with no problem but I can rarely smell my own and I cant smell my mom's bad breath. I have two coworkers who breath can smell bad like once every three months, maybe because they forgot to brush their teeth or ate something but no matter what the case may be when their breath is bad it always smells the same. And I noticed when they talked to people when their breath was bad I didnt see one person react to it. Which reminds me I had a class with someone who had chronic bad breath and it smelled exactly like my two coworkers, all of their bad breath got a musty smell, somewhat similar to when someone who doesnt use deodorant smell like at the gym.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Life_Goes_On wrote:My mom said she thinks she have bad breath because she heard the "did you fart" comment a few times in her life, she thinks she overheard her coworkers one time ask the "do you smell that" question when she was talking before. And then she said one of her friends told her, her breath smells bad but that same friend also admitted to having a sensitive nose and it only happened once.

What we're experiencing is strange. I can smell other peoples bad breath with no problem but I can rarely smell my own and I cant smell my mom's bad breath. I have two coworkers who breath can smell bad like once every three months, maybe because they forgot to brush their teeth or ate something but no matter what the case may be when their breath is bad it always smells the same. And I noticed when they talked to people when their breath was bad I didnt see one person react to it. Which reminds me I had a class with someone who had chronic bad breath and it smelled exactly like my two coworkers, all of their bad breath got a musty smell, somewhat similar to when someone who doesnt use deodorant smell like at the gym.
Not smelling your own BB is normal because you get used to the smell.

I guess my nasal BB is the typical bad breath smell because some strangers have tried to check their own breath. I was able to smell a someone with typical BB whenever he coughed. Therefore, I find it weird that we couldn't smell other suffers' from this forum unless we have the same type and intensity of BB.

Have you smelt anyone with your type of BB or only the musty type?
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

winter wrote:
Not smelling your own BB is normal because you get used to the smell.

I guess my nasal BB is the typical bad breath smell because some strangers have tried to check their own breath. I was able to smell a someone with typical BB whenever he coughed. Therefore, I find it weird that we couldn't smell other suffers' from this forum unless we have the same type and intensity of BB.

Have you smelt anyone with your type of BB or only the musty type?
I came accross one guy who i would think my bad breath is identical to. His breath smelled bad. I mean I didnt react to it because I understood his pain but his breath was unbearable. And it smelled like feces so im guessing thats what my bad breath smells like. The good news is he had a wife and he was vacationing in Vegas so im sure he's learned to live with his problem if it is chronic. That gave me a lot hope and inspired me.

Today, I asked my coworker about my bad breath and he says he never noticed that I had bad breath and thought I was trying to tell him he had bad breath. Im going to ask two more coworkers who I can trust. Regardless of what they say I know I have bad breath but now im realizing there may not be nothing wrong with me or my health so maybe it is pointless to continue to go to the doctor looking for a solution that may never exist.
messithegoat

Post by messithegoat »

I asked my sister, whom stresses she doesnt smell anything and was shocked to find out this was the reason i stay away or "act weird". So does my friend, but this is definitely false as i have had reactions for nose/mouth bb and can even taste/smell when i have it..
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

messithegoat wrote:I asked my sister, whom stresses she doesnt smell anything and was shocked to find out this was the reason i stay away or "act weird". So does my friend, but this is definitely false as i have had reactions for nose/mouth bb and can even taste/smell when i have it..
This reminds me of a guy who claimed people reacted to him because people are naturally allergic to him. Now that is a wild assumption but it may be true that not everyone react to you because of your bad breath, people naturally do things but we think they're reacting to our bad breath everytime because we're so self-conscious and drowned in our own negative thoughts.

Now I know I have bad breath but it is a huge relief to know that some people cant smell it. I still might have a chance to find the women for me that cant smell my bad breath. To know that I can meet some people without having to feel like a liability is an amazing feeling. The thing is it will be hard trying to find people who cant smell our bad breath without asking them directly.
messithegoat

Post by messithegoat »

Life_Goes_On wrote:
messithegoat wrote:I asked my sister, whom stresses she doesnt smell anything and was shocked to find out this was the reason i stay away or "act weird". So does my friend, but this is definitely false as i have had reactions for nose/mouth bb and can even taste/smell when i have it..
This reminds me of a guy who claimed people reacted to him because people are naturally allergic to him. Now that is a wild assumption but it may be true that not everyone react to you because of your bad breath, people naturally do things but we think they're reacting to our bad breath everytime because we're so self-conscious and drowned in our own negative thoughts.

Now I know I have bad breath but it is a huge relief to know that some people cant smell it. I still might have a chance to find the women for me that cant smell my bad breath. To know that I can meet some people without having to feel like a liability is an amazing feeling. The thing is it will be hard trying to find people who cant smell our bad breath without asking them directly.
It is what it is... This is the most annoying problem ever.. im so used to it now that i cant even walk past people normally.. its engraved in my personality/Life. Sad thing is, even if i get cured I'll never be the same.
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

messithegoat wrote:
It is what it is... This is the most annoying problem ever.. im so used to it now that i cant even walk past people normally.. its engraved in my personality/Life. Sad thing is, even if i get cured I'll never be the same.

I feel you, I feel like my personality before was way better when my breath was bearable than what is now however now I am much closer to Yahweh(God) so for me it balances out.

Did you ask anyone else that you know about your bad breath other than your sister and best friend?

Everyone I ask at work say they never smelled me. So far I asked four of my coworkers who I would consider trustworthy. Im not saying im cured but maybe Ive been too paranoid and my breath has improved over time as I have addressed many of my dental and health concerns.
messithegoat

Post by messithegoat »

Life_Goes_On wrote:
messithegoat wrote:

I feel you, I feel like my personality before was way better when my breath was bearable than what is now however now I am much closer to Yahweh(God) so for me it balances out.

Did you ask anyone else that you know about your bad breath other than your sister and best friend?

Everyone I ask at work say they never smelled me. So far I asked four of my coworkers who I would consider trustworthy. Im not saying im cured but maybe Ive been too paranoid and my breath has improved over time as I have addressed many of my dental and health concerns.
No. But i think some of my friends are aware that im aware of my BB lol, either way this is a very annoying problem thats been happening since 2014 #-o , btw i ask how do you even pass an interview with BB?
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

messithegoat wrote:
No. But i think some of my friends are aware that im aware of my BB lol, either way this is a very annoying problem thats been happening since 2014 #-o , btw i ask how do you even pass an interview with BB?
Since other people have reported that they cant smell your bad breath and you believe you do have bad breath then you may be suffering from Halitophobia. And you may have bad breath from time to time but I feel if you do your regular dental hygiene and take care of your dental work consistently then your breath shouldnt smell.

As far as how I passed my previous job interviews with my bad breath, I would say I have a good personality, I have a solid resume, I dress to impress, I look online for questions that a company could possibly ask me before the interview and most importantly I only give out strong handshakes. A strong handshake is key. Good luck with your job search my friend.
badbreathhalitosis
Total Newbie

Post by badbreathhalitosis »

I have tested negative for acid reflux from a couple of barium swallows, and positive from a barium swallow as well.
You should definitely test for tmau. However, you may have laryngopharyngeal reflux disease (LPRD). In this disease, active pepsin from
the stomach goes up to your larynx, mouth, and even nose, and sinuses. The pepsin does some damage, and that
may produce a rotting flesh odor. Moreover, the bacteria may eat the flesh and produce an odor. If you want to know
more about LPRD, then please read the following:
http://www.voiceinstituteofnewyork.com/ ... eflux-lpr/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... eflux.html

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijoto/2012/646901/

There is more information out there about LPRD and GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). For example, you should be
in an upright posture to prevent reflux, elevate the head of your bed, and more. LPRD is also known as silent reflux because you may not
get the symptoms of heart burn with this disease. LPRD can produce halitoses: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26946304

I would also recommend doing saline sinus irrigation. Add saline, baby shampoo, and pulmicort, to the water before irrigating.
Pulmicort is an anti-inflammatory, and a doctor must prescribe it. baby shampoo helps destroy bacteria.

It takes at least 6 months to see improvement. You can try to join laryngopharyngeal reflux, and GERD, support groups on facebook to get more information.

Good Luck!
cleanbreathwant

Post by cleanbreathwant »

I've spent 10 years "adjusting" to this life, it is s**t. It is a shit existence
messithegoat

Post by messithegoat »

cleanbreathwant wrote:I've spent 10 years "adjusting" to this life, it is s**t. It is a shit existence
I'm on year 4 sadly and at the pivotal stage of my life 17-present. Completley killed my career aspirations, goals and basically my life sigh, :?
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

badbreathhalitosis wrote:I have tested negative for acid reflux from a couple of barium swallows, and positive from a barium swallow as well.
You should definitely test for tmau. However, you may have laryngopharyngeal reflux disease (LPRD).
I wouldnt doubt it but there are many people who have silent reflux and dont have bad breath. I do appreciate the advice but I will no longer take another test that concerns bad breath. All I am doing is wasting money and time.
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

cleanbreathwant wrote:I've spent 10 years "adjusting" to this life, it is s**t. It is a shit existence
I feel for you, stay strong my friend. It will get better. I've been adjusting for 6+ years.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic